Tennessee Outlaws Transmission Of Emotionally Distressing Images

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
I'm psychic!
I forsee a chaotic-time, there are "Anons" afoot...
And just perhaps great Lulz..

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Sweet. I'm moving back to Tennessee to sue the shit out of every fucking Jesus freak that knocks on my door with pamphlets in hand for causing me "emotional distress."

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
I live right next to the tenesee state line... *sigh* thank the gods my state doesnt try to pull this shit.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
This will not hold up in court. Not only does it violate the first amendment, but it violates the interstate commerce clause -- specifically, Tennessee is poking their nose into federal territory by trying to regulate something that affects more states than just Tennessee.

Steve Lovell

Apr 25, 2011
Because being sued can cause emotional distress, could you sue someone for suing you?

Edit* If u get a court summon I mean /end edit*

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
Free speech? In Tennessee we're too good for such a concept! This law is perfect because it not only requires people to regulate something that would be incredibly hard to prosecute, but is also completely unconstitutional.

Owyn_Merrilin said:
This will not hold up in court. Not only does it violate the first amendment, but it violates the interstate commerce clause -- specifically, Tennessee is poking their nose into federal territory by trying to regulate something that affects more states than just Tennessee.
I agree. The internet doesn't just belong to Tennessee.

Dec 14, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
In other news, Tenessee bans other parts of the world from looking at the sky. Does... does tenessee get how the WORLD WIDE web works? obviously not.

You, good sir, have caused me significant emotional distress.

Ahaha, im not done yet good sir! Have at ye!

Hark! You shall not prevail with such nonsense!

You brought this on yourself, you know this.

...But you will never falcon punch!

Oh no! How could you best me with such a -

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I look forward to the inevitable invasion of the Tennessee Army.

Steve Lovell said:
Because being sued can cause emotional distress, could you sue someone for suing you?
But then... but how... my god...

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Yes, this is perfect. As everyone knows its always a good idea to implement a law you CAN'T FUCKING ENFORCE EFFECTIVELY.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I can understand the idea, but yeah, it's still a bad one. And as it's been said, the law'll be ignored just as much as the law against piracy.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Wow. That is the very embodiment of a Politically Correct law. Fuck, it even has "make fun of anything religious or political that may offend someone, somewhere, and we'll book your ass"..

Don't you guys have the First Amendment for this explicit subject?

Edit: User ShadowsofHope has been arrested by the Tennessee government for the use of the word "fuck", as it "deeply offended" someone on the internet living in Tennessee. Lulz quickly ensued.

Steve Lovell

Apr 25, 2011
Mr. Grey said:
I look forward to the inevitable invasion of the Tennessee Army.

Steve Lovell said:
But then... but how... my god...
Yes it could create the fabled lawsuit paradox.

Nick31091

Nov 21, 2009
"Frighten, intimidate, or cause emotional distress"

Doesn't this pretty much sum up the entire internet?