Terraria Review

Eefness

Jan 25, 2011
lotsofotherstuff said:
I dont get why every reviewer I've seen is just doing the review now.. Its been out for months..

But whatever, its a awesome game..
Lol its because they have been too busy playing the game ^_^.

On topic the game is awesome and I myself have spent MANY hours playing it.

Side note: How many people do you have playing on that server and how long did it take to build all of that?

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Its good.

What? You want some insight into what i think? Fine.

Its a fun ride while it lasts, but its pretty short. I got it, played it for a week, and i rarely touch it now. Not because it isnt fun, its just that, once you hit the endgame content, it becomes way to easy.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
My only complaint is that it's fairly difficult to set up or find multiplayer, considering it's sold on Steam. Besides that, amazing game! Glad to see the Escapist finally getting to it.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I was going to ask how he planned on getting back UP that shaft at the end... but apparently it was never an issue.

Although I'm a diehard console gamer, this game looks AWESOME, and if I can find a console - style controller to use with my laptop, I WILL consider it a must-buy!

Pig Mazurka

Mar 28, 2011
It was really fun for me while it lasted (about 70 hours) but I can't really bring myself to keep playing it... kinda burned myself out on accident.

Smerf

May 4, 2011
juffeee said:
He didn't have lucky horseshoe and died from falling damage. :D That's like the most important equipment in the game. =)
not even close. rocket boots FTW!!!!

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
This game was entertaining.
However, I can't bring myself to play it again.
Despite adding new updates with interesting content, they had end game content from the beginning.
Without adding more end game content (which they haven't so far), anything else they add is kind of trivial. Well, except for new players. There's not much left for me to do in the game. I could build stuff, but nothing as impressive as what I could do in Minecraft. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they added some sort of level up system. Then I could at least set more goals. It could potentially help out with balance as well.

I dunno, it was worth the ten dollars.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
busterkeatonrules said:
I was going to ask how he planned on getting back UP that shaft at the end... but apparently it was never an issue.

Although I'm a diehard console gamer, this game looks AWESOME, and if I can find a console - style controller to use with my laptop, I WILL consider it a must-buy!
Do you like Ps3 or XBox? Razer make an Xbox controller, it is Razer priced though, or you could get an official MS xbox controller for windows, if you prefer Sony there is the logitech F310. Powerwave is a company that makes both style on controllers cheaply, they work fine but don't have the quality of logitech, saitek, or even microsoft.

However I question the viability of controller support for Terraria.

OT: I had Terraria explained to me as a 2d minecraft, in my experience it is more like a sidescrolling Diablo with crafting. It is all about the Loot.

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
this game is fun s long as i managed to keep me away from it in small periods. and i think its more fun to play the multiplayer, if all the people on the server is using a new character.
oh i have fond memories of fighting eye of chutulhu (correct on that one if i misspelled it). oh it is so much fun playing with friends when all have just started.

Dragonheart57

Jun 13, 2011
Its "Cthulhu"

OT: I really liked this game, but some weapons, like the blade of grass, are way too powerful and easy to get.

standokan

May 28, 2009
Okay, I'm gonna call it "sandbox castlevania" instead of "minecraft + zelda 2" since nobody know zelda 2 anyway.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Might consider getting this. Heard of it but never considered buying it until watching this. Looks very interesting and fun.

Jjkaybomb

Nov 22, 2009
For me Terraria is the fun of exploration that Minecraft lacks. Sure, explore in Minecraft and you'll find a few new materials and maybe a few interesting land features. But explore in Terarria... and you could find rocket boots!!!

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Olikunmissile said:
A 30 second advert because I won't give you money?

Well I didn't watch the whole thing, nice job, dicks.
They're not obliged to give you stuff for free, grow up.

On topic however.

I don't what it was about Terraria, It just didn't grab me.

and the multiplayer was a PAIN.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Toasty Virus said:
Olikunmissile said:
A 30 second advert because I won't give you money?

Well I didn't watch the whole thing, nice job, dicks.
They're not obliged to give you stuff for free, grow up.
Oh I wouldn't mind an advert here or there, but to make them so intrusive is just dickish. Bit like your comment really. Why can't people just be nice on the internet? Is not being an asshole that hard?

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Thank you justin!

Thanks to this review I realized it's not just a 2D minecraft and I'm having the time of my life.
Figuring out what all the items do, and whatnot.

Can't wait to find my first cave!