Terraria Review

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
1,946
0
0
Olikunmissile said:
Toasty Virus said:
Olikunmissile said:
A 30 second advert because I won't give you money?

Well I didn't watch the whole thing, nice job, dicks.
They're not obliged to give you stuff for free, grow up.
Oh I wouldn't mind an advert here or there, but to make them so intrusive is just dickish. Bit like your comment really. Why can't people just be nice on the internet? Is not being an asshole that hard?
Yeah!
Why can't people just be nice, and not call each other names, bunch of assholes.
[/hypocrisy]
 

KDR_11k

New member
Feb 10, 2009
1,013
0
0
itf cho said:
Justin Clouse is glad that fire imp spawns are down to a less murderous level now.
What? The last patch was June 23rd, and that patch more than trebled the rate that fire imps spawn for me. In fact, it became impossible to mine at all where they can spawn as there is at least one, if not two, imps attacking me constantly.
That's what hell was like before the introduction of higher resolutions (and thus longer distances to the monster spawning area), I always had one of those bastards around. Now they've added spawn weights so "expensive" enemies like imps prevent other spawns. With the added hellbats and slimes I'm noticing far fewer imps as the bats and slimes take up all the spawn slots. I mined my hellstone by digging into the underground of hell, as long as the caves don't extend into the monster spawn area (a certain distance offscreen) there won't be any spawns and others talked about filling the spaces you mined out after you don't need them anymore to prevent spawns.

Also hellstone is so damn good it's worth fighting the imps for.
 

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
269
0
0
KDR_11k said:
That's what hell was like before the introduction of higher resolutions (and thus longer distances to the monster spawning area), I always had one of those bastards around. Now they've added spawn weights so "expensive" enemies like imps prevent other spawns. With the added hellbats and slimes I'm noticing far fewer imps as the bats and slimes take up all the spawn slots. I mined my hellstone by digging into the underground of hell, as long as the caves don't extend into the monster spawn area (a certain distance offscreen) there won't be any spawns and others talked about filling the spaces you mined out after you don't need them anymore to prevent spawns.

Also hellstone is so damn good it's worth fighting the imps for.
Well, I basically gave up on the game after they made this change. Before, I'd face an imp every few minutes - now, it's constant.
 

archvile93

New member
Sep 2, 2009
2,564
0
0
The only problems I have with this game is that I'll need to kill the eater of worlds if I want to get further, which is something I can't see myself doing. Also, I can't get new npcs to move into the top floor of my my apartment building (currently three floors), which I can't figure out why since the third floor is a carbon copy of the seecond floor which got filled pretty quickly. Also that dungeon is mocking me. Stupid skeletron.
 

Lucane

New member
Mar 24, 2008
1,491
0
0
ThatGuyWithTheShotty said:
Anyone notice the Kiershar obsidian farm?
And Christ, hopefully THIS will shut up some of the trolls screaming "MINECRAFT RIPOFF IT'S SHIT!" (oh, and if I get warned for calling people trolls, can you explain to me exactly WHY that's an insult?) on this site.
I think they are mainly concerned about directly calling other posters trolls as it's a form of name calling weather it's seemingly true or not Since some people (on this site before)would try to shutdown topics by claiming the poster was one because of they're view they personally deemed absolute and not needing discussion after the original case was settled prior to the present post.(It's not like everyone learns everything together at the same time so it could prove to appear mean to new members or others.)
 

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
5,891
0
0
This game is amazing, especially with friends, now only if I could get everyone on for a PvP battle >.>
 

Lucane

New member
Mar 24, 2008
1,491
0
0
busterkeatonrules said:
I was going to ask how he planned on getting back UP that shaft at the end... but apparently it was never an issue.

Although I'm a diehard console gamer, this game looks AWESOME, and if I can find a console - style controller to use with my laptop, I WILL consider it a must-buy!
He made a 3 block wide shaft your character is 2 blocks wide and 3 blocks tall to move underground you need a pathway to match that or bigger on the 3block free spot on the left he made "Wooden Platforms"a 2-way(up/down) piece you can make you can stand on fall threw or jump threw great for getting around without needing tricky jumping.
 

Lucane

New member
Mar 24, 2008
1,491
0
0
archvile93 said:
The only problems I have with this game is that I'll need to kill the eater of worlds if I want to get further, which is something I can't see myself doing. Also, I can't get new npcs to move into the top floor of my my apartment building (currently three floors), which I can't figure out why since the third floor is a carbon copy of the seecond floor which got filled pretty quickly. Also that dungeon is mocking me. Stupid skeletron.
I could help you with that I've killed the Eater of Worlds a few times already If you want help I'm available now if you are.
 

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
1,151
0
0
I love Terraria, haven't played in a month and this review made me log on again.

Was wearing full Cobalt (jungle) armour and had pretty much everything worth having in the game.

Found out rocket boots are rubbish now.

Stopped playing.
 

thiosk

New member
Sep 18, 2008
5,410
0
0
I bought the game on the steam sale yesterday. 25% off was good incentive.

I'm rather pleased with it. I failed to build a proper house, and died horribly.
 

sergnb

New member
Mar 12, 2011
359
0
0
The worst thing about this game is that it actually has an ending. While in Minecraft you can spend a shiiitload of hours just dicking around, in Terraria, once you've beaten all bosses and gotten all armor, it's over.

I hope they add more stuff frequently so we can keep comming back
 

Zechnophobe

New member
Feb 4, 2010
1,077
0
0
TheEvilCheese said:
I love Terraria, haven't played in a month and this review made me log on again.

Was wearing full Cobalt (jungle) armour and had pretty much everything worth having in the game.

Found out rocket boots are rubbish now.

Stopped playing.
You realize they added a potion that lets you fly for 3 minutes?
 

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
5,237
0
0
lotsofotherstuff said:
I dont get why every reviewer I've seen is just doing the review now.. Its been out for months..

But whatever, its a awesome game..
Steam Summer Sale.
 

Latinidiot

New member
Feb 19, 2009
2,216
0
0
Sperium 3000 said:
I heard about this game from Endling's page on deviantart. He did some art for the bosses, apparently. I was hoping I could see some of the ones he posted on his page in your video review, but it seems those are higher-level.
He does't, he's just a fan.

A very creatice fan with fun ideas, but no more.
 

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
747
0
0
Sperium 3000 said:
I heard about this game from Endling's page on deviantart. He did some art for the bosses, apparently. I was hoping I could see some of the ones he posted on his page in your video review, but it seems those are higher-level.
Took a look at the guy's page you mentioned. Hate to say it but those bosses he drew aren't in the game at all.
 
Nov 12, 2010
239
0
0
An awesome game, since the exams ended I did nothing else except play this one (exploration is what drives me on) and "Frozen Synapse" (stimulates my synapses quite a bit). These two indie games are simply astonishing.

Other indie titles I enjoyed a lot were: "Aquaria" (my most beloved game), "Braid" (very deep story and fun, albeit short gameplay), "Uplink" (a long, long time ago), "Darwinia" (also an older one) and "Mr. Robot" (about as old as "Darwinia").
 

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
3,422
0
0
BehattedWanderer said:
lotsofotherstuff said:
I dont get why every reviewer I've seen is just doing the review now.. Its been out for months..

But whatever, its a awesome game..
Steam Summer Sale.
Early July is also proving to be a bit meh for releases. I was already playing the game, so I volunteered to review it.
 

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
5,237
0
0
Slycne said:
BehattedWanderer said:
lotsofotherstuff said:
I dont get why every reviewer I've seen is just doing the review now.. Its been out for months..

But whatever, its a awesome game..
Steam Summer Sale.
Early July is also proving to be a bit meh for releases. I was already playing the game, so I volunteered to review it.
Thank you for doing so, by the way. I would have walked past this had I not seen your review, and two hours of my life have already merrily been spent in pursuit of...I'm not sure yet, but I want to pursue it. So that's something.