Terrible Endings?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
First thing that comes to mind is the move "Jumper". I liked the movie, and then it just basically ends with him stranding the bastard in the canyon.

Der_Bradly

Jul 6, 2011
Movie: I Am Legend... They completely killed the whole meaning of the film

Game: Borderlands... A fun game but the ending.... gah.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Fanfic_warper said:
I have yet to run into a game with a bad ending

But as for Books: The Darren Shan Saga....everything undone by time paradox......Bull fraking shit.
But it doesn't undo everything, it creates an alternate...

Code Geass: Main character dies in the most anti-climatic way possible.
S-Seriously? Umm.. You know what? I'm not even going to bother.

OT: Neon Genesis Evangelion comes to mind.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
the ending to jets n guns gold is pretty horrible.
the bad guy successfully blows up the universe because he failed to enslave it due to your meddling and goes back in time to try to enslave it again, you follow him and defeat him mid-transit and end up back at the begining of the game on a harder difficulty to do it all over again. this happens everytime you reach the end... so.. you can never win. you just have to play forever.

Zcoper

Mar 31, 2009
The movie "Knowing", I really, really liked the movie, until that stupid out of nowhere twist in the end...

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
MicrosoftPaysMe said:
The Lost Big Boss said:
MicrosoftPaysMe said:
i thought Super 8 was a great movie 2/3 of the way thru but then it took a turn for the worse. Didnt like the end of Halo 3 either. Master Chief and Cortana are floating through space, forever. Lame
I take it you haven't seen the Halo 4 trailer...
The Halo 4 trailer has nothing to do with the Halo 3 ending
Uhhhh...

I'm not sure if you understand how these things work. 1>2>3>4

As in, the ending of Halo 3 has John going to sleep in a cryo pod, then being woken up in Halo 4 by Cotana because they are crashing into a planet. You know, the same one that was shown in the Halo 3 ending.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Don't really want to be the one to say this, but we honestly have a "Worst ending" at least once a week.

But to answer your question, Fable 2 had a bad ending and I really liked the game. But LA Noire had an even worse ending, and I hated that whole game.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Serenity Fallen said:
I'm surprised the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series ending hasn't been mentioned yet.

My kid sister at the time asked me if I was actually watching some sort of self-help video. =(
Congratulations!

Honestly, I loved it, but I'm crazy into Psychology and crap...

Fanfic_warper said:
Code Geass: Main character dies in the most anti-climatic way possible.
Did you, like, watch a different show than me?

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
L.A. Noire once it got into arson it felt like they just ran out of time and the ending was terrible. I hated it, felt it had very little connection to the rest of the game and came out of nowhere.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
The ending to The Mist. Edit: Never mind I learned what the spoiler text looks like.

Anyway what is so stupid about it is that after all that struggling to survive the main protagonist shoots his two old friends, his son, and his love interest thinking that this would spare them the pain of having to suffer at the claws and teeth of the monsters that had been chasing them the whole movie. Then the U.S Military arrives and repels the monsters from the area making his killing of his loved ones entirely pointless. That pissed me off.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
chaosyoshimage said:
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion.

I'm pretty sure that was the show. I could be wrong....I mean the only other code geass media out there is manga, novels, and games, of which only the manga and anime made it to america.

Being simply stabbed and tumbling down a stage is not climatic or fitting for the character and neither was the dialogue.

The ending should've been soemthing more along the lines of mech battle witha battleship or some kind of epic death.

The awesomeness of the show was undone by this ending for me.

50 episodes for a crap ending in my opinion.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Fanfic_warper said:
chaosyoshimage said:

I'm pretty sure that was the show. I could be wrong....I mean the only other code geass media out there is manga, novels, and games, of which only the manga and anime made it to america.

Being simply stabbed and tumbling down a stage is not climatic or fitting for the character and neither was the dialogue.

The ending should've been soemthing more along the lines of mech battle witha battleship or some kind of epic death.

He made a self sacrifice, Lelouch was Jesus the whole time! I don't really consider that anti-climatic, in fact, given the nature of the show, I think dying in a simple mech battle would have been pretty anti-climatic. Although, crazy fans like to believe he's alive on the orange farm living happily ever after. I am not one of those crazy fans and neither is the series director...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Eisenfaust said:
- carnivale - was planned to have 6 seasons, only made 2... bastards!
I was royally pissed when they canned that show, and it was getting so good too! Grrrr....

OT: Borderlands had a pretty shitty ending and I loved that game, but that ending was like a kick to the throat.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one) ending irritated the hell out of me, why did they string me along for years only for that turd of an ending?!

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Borderland's ending was complete garbage. I loved the game, which is why it stung so badly, ha ha.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Fanfic_warper said:
chaosyoshimage said:

I truly hope that one day you will come to appreciate the significance of plot and augmentation over fighting and flashy battle sequences.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
chaosyoshimage said:
He made a self sacrifice, Lelouch was Jesus the whole time! I don't really consider that anti-climatic, in fact, given the nature of the show, I think dying in a simple mech battle would have been pretty anti-climatic. Although, crazy fans like to believe he's alive on the orange farm living happily ever after. I am not one of those crazy fans and neither is the series director...
Well I'm not a crazy fan, but I did like the series to a point. The pace of the show to me felt like we were heading for once last battle, like the Battle of A Boao Qu in the original Gundam but instead it's like the writer got lazy and decided to just kill him off like he was another background character who didn't deserve an epic death.

Oh, just remembered another ending.

Stargate Universe....the only Stargate in the series that earns my contempt. First season, everything was decent. Second season, start off ok...starts getting a bit bumpy and then the ending.....because the had to cancel, we are left with just as many questions as we had going in.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
ZiggyE said:
I truly hope that one day you will come to appreciate the significance of plot and augmentation over fighting and flashy battle sequences.
I love story. Story is the most important aspect of anything to me, whether it be novel or video game.

My problem is in anticlimatic endings. It's like waiting for that expensive meal you've been dying to try only to find out after eating it that you could've ordered from the value meal at McDonald's and gotten better quality.

Just remembered another one...

John Doe: Ok I'm partially lying. The story was good and it ends pretty decently, but it was cancelled and the ending really only VAGUELY answers some uestions in the series and then the writers come out and admit that they were winging it most of the time and there was never anything really panned out for an ultimate ending.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
OK just to generalize: Endings that are the result of series cancellations and end with just as many questions as you had going into the series.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Desu Ex Human Revolution. Won't say anything but yeah, final level/boss/ending were all pretty crap compared to how good the rest of the game was.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Der_Bradly said:
Movie: I Am Legend... They completely killed the whole meaning of the film

Game: Borderlands... A fun game but the ending.... gah.
Watch the alternate ending, much better IMO. They tried to get the proper meaning out.