Terry Pratchett Makes His Own Heavenly Sword

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Terry Pratchett: God of Modern Literature and, apparently, Kickass Space Sword Making.

MomoHime64

Jul 4, 2010
Part of why Terry Pratchett is my favorite author FOR EVER AND EVER, unto the dissolution of time and unwinding of the eternal fabric of reality.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Oh Pratchett. I smile with relief whenever I see anything from him, whether it be a bit of news or a new book or even a kick ass sword. It will be sad the day when his alzheimer's takes him away from us.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Evilsanta said:
You were beaten to the puncho by some guy...

Still it's fucking awesome! If we only hade some forges in my town...
Oh for the love of Heidegger No one CARES if we beat the news team to the punch. Why does someone inevitably have to bring this up in every thread ever.

Sorry, just seen it to much and it's a niggling annoyance of mine, don't mean to offend

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
That's some serious dedication, to collect the materials personaly for his own sword, and make it himself (with help from a Blacksmith).

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Arachon said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Wait, his daughter made the plot for one of the games with the most wasted potential I ever witnessed due to shortness and lack of variety? A story which I though was great and immersive? She made Twing Twang?

Dear god... Why don't people tell me these things? I feel bad for running my mouth when he criticised Doctor Who...

I'm gonna go be in the corner and think.

Calumon: I'm gonna go in the fridge and make a sword out of butter.
She also wrote the story in Mirror's Edge... Take that for what it's worth...
I take it fairly well. I liked the story it's just that half of it was left on the cutting room floor. More squandered potential. They monitor everything and Faith's pigeon system was a way of communicating without being monitored or controlled. Then things get a bit weird admittedly until the end makes it all better, but I liked the gameplay too much to care.

Calumon: The argument is irrelevant. She contributed to one of Jack's favourite games. ^^

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Terry Pratchett, the master of the Universe.
God dammit, of all the people, why did he had to end up with Alzheimer's... This makes me damn sad.

Great books, loved them. And making your own sword is also awesome.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Damn, thats awesome. Wish I could create my own sword, but too much effort would go into something that would end up like crap and be illegal. Oh well, still a fine looking sword.

Desrali T Bear

Mar 19, 2010
What a shame that knights can't carry their swords. What is this world coming to? I mean, why even HAVE knights anymore? =(

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Evilsanta said:
You were beaten to the puncho by some guy...

Still it's fucking awesome! If we only hade some forges in my town...
Oh for the love of Heidegger No one CARES if we beat the news team to the punch. Why does someone inevitably have to bring this up in every thread ever.

Sorry, just seen it to much and it's a niggling annoyance of mine, don't mean to offend
...You didnt have to hurt my feelings! (Not serious reply)

I know nobody really cares. Guess i wanted to be the wise guy for the first time :p.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Oooo... it's so pretty...

In all seriousness I love swords, certiantly not 'cos they can kill people (that is very bad to the n-th degree) but as a piece of skilled craftsmenship, art and design they are amazing.

Metiorites? Seriously? That's so amazing. And cool.

Sorry though Mr Pratchett, times have moved on, it's a shame we don't live in Middle-Earth (oops, wrong fantasy novelist! He he!).

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Man has an uncharted level of amazing left in him. I work next to a foundry and can't even make my own sword. Proof of the level of his awesomeness, no?

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
I think that it's Sir Terry not Sir Pratchett. This is serious business. He can now be called Terry Pratchett or Sir Terry but if he gets a utility bill addressed to Mr Terry Pratchett or even Sir Terry Pratchett he should be well within his rights to tear it up and ignore it due to no person by that name existing at that address.
Firstly, what? His name is Sir Terrence (middle name) Pratchett, when you're knighted it replaces the Mr. at the beginning of your name (although you're right to say he is Sir Terry). Good tosh though, he'd approve.

Second, on topic, this is doubly impressive since he can't type anymore, hand hammering this must have been a nightmare. Love hs work, especially this. It's very Vimes, am I the only one that thinks this? Not only being a shortsword (unflashy, practical, gets the job done) but doing it himself (I've always suspected Vimes' personality is reflective of his own, sans alcoholism and sleuthing). Very well done...

grey_painter

Feb 10, 2009
ultimateownage said:
I never thought Terry Pratchett could get more awesome. I was wrong.
That perfectly summed up my thoughts. This news brought a real smile to my face.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Made of meteorites???

Okay, I fucking want that sword!

And I love the game Heavenly Sword, so his daughter gets props for that.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
He is fighting off the Alzheimers with the power of being amazing. Everyone with Alzheimers just needs to be as great as Terry Pratchett and we've got a cure!

... Oh, I see the problem.

It is a very pretty sword. I hope it doesn't talk, those things are the worst, especially if they get demanding.