Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Yeah... I have to say, Day 3 is the easiest day so far. I'd give out hints, but they've all been extremely given away in the thread so far (particularly by XxRyanxX).

Here's hoping Day 4 is actually difficult and people in the forum don't give it away.

Luhrsen

Aug 30, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
ayuri said:
Daedalus1942 said:
For #3 i'm a little lost.

Is
dvorak
along the right lines or should I keep searching "diffr'n't strokes?"
-Tabs<3-
you got it right soon you can call it a night
No I don't. I have no idea of any game name with these letters contained.
-Tabs<3-
Goddamn i mistranslated it!
that shit was heavy -.-
-tabs<3-
I thought I got it wrong the first time because they forgot to hit the space bar. :)

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Azuaron said:
Yeah... I have to say, Day 3 is the easiest day so far. I'd give out hints, but they've all been extremely given away in the thread so far (particularly by XxRyanxX).

Here's hoping Day 4 is actually difficult and people in the forum don't give it away.
Be careful what you wish for.

.>

[sub][sub]They can hear you [/sub][/sub]

:|

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
XxRyanxX said:
You should probably come up with some subtler hints. You're practically giving all the answers away.

Day 3 seems pretty easy comparatively. 3-2 was almost too much to overcome but the Gods dropped in in the very last seconds to save me. 3-1 is fairly simple if you recognize Miss Tara. There are already more than enough heavy hints for 3-3; it's like they're falling from the sky.

These puzzles are starting to remind me of notpr0n, in a good way. I haven't had to think like this in years.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
Got it. All in all, easier than day 2 I think. But no, I don't see how the clue for 3-2 makes sense...
Abundance of intermixed genres and possible endings made the first part of this series really stand out.

Once again would have gotten nowhere without you guys here. Much obliged!

docsamurai

Nov 18, 2009
So far I had gotten all of them aside from 3-1.
I finally realized I shouldn't have been calling them burros
Now I've got em all and am ready for tomorrows

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
W00T! Day 3 done...

I completely guessed at number one (the picture of the donkey REALLY helped)

I just happened to find the last 2 words for #2 and figured it out from there

#3 wasn't hard once you find out about the keyboard thing...

I dare say, I've found today the easiest one yet!

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
zombiestrangler said:
XxRyanxX said:
#3The keys in the picture are on the Dvorak keyboard. Take a look at where the key in the pic is on the dvorak, and then see what key is there on yours.
For example, the first letter in the pic is a "D." If you check out the dvorak, you'll see that the D is where the H should be. So the first letter is H. Also, it's two words
Not to be rude or anything, but I call shenanigans. A dvorak has "E" for "D," not "H."
Urm... nope go back and look at a diagram of the two.
it's clearly an h.
I concur. It's an E for D. Either there's more than one type of querty, more than one dvorak or both. In any case, fuck you escapist!

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Done and done. Is that all you can throw at us? Really?

HA!

[sub]I'm just joking! Don't hurt my brain![/sub]

1 - You see two donkeys. What's a synonymous word for the animal. Repeat that word twice.
2 - It's set in the future, much like the release date for the game.
3 - Adjective + precipitation

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
In terms of number 2 for today I'm surprised that no one has mentioned
the "ghost" of titles past.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Ggrrrrr...American spelling and American keyboard needed. Am disappoint.

But got them all.
Yyyyup. #3 was a huge pain for that reason, only got it thanks to the person who gave a completely different way of getting the answer. The clue was easy enough, but I spent quite a while trying to work out what 'evatulajx' was an anagram of before realising that something else was up.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Day three seemed a lot easier than two, the only puzzle I struggled on today was 3-2, I did manage to get that with a little help from this thread.
It was still fun, can't wait for tomorrow.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Ok, the first one for day 3 was hillarious. I got it in 5 seconds. I'm still laughing on account of me thinking of alternative images that could spell the same thing.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
To be honest, a bit dissapointed with today. Much easier than the other days.

But still, a lot of fun Escapist, keep it up!

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I actually got all of these. On my own. I am so proud of myself. But now I'm slightly terrified of Days 4 and 5.

1)
Go left to right, think of other names for the images. And P.S.- That's Tara Reid

2)
It's a sequel that's not out yet, and there's no number in its title.

3)
I think there have been enough clues for this one earlier in the thread. Come on, people, let's get serious here.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
i got number one right late last night
and now my answer is gone trying to put it back in just says I'm wrong