Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
Day 3 is done and I gotta say it was way easier than the last two. The first one took me about two seconds to figure out!

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Sgt. Dante said:
OK, I'm 99.9% sure i know what 2-3 is, but it's not accepting my answer. pretty frustrating.
It doesn't like punctuation either.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I keep reading you guys saying these were easy, so I must have eaten a bowl of stupid today because all I've been is stumped. Finally got them all but there's a dent on my desk in the shape of my forehead now.

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Sgt. Dante said:
OK, I'm 99.9% sure i know what 2-3 is, but it's not accepting my answer. pretty frustrating.
If you still haven't got it, check the order of the words, I expect you're doing the same as me and thought the 3 letter word was the first instead of the third.

Flutterbrave

Dec 10, 2009
Just got 2-3.

I had the answer for about half an hour but the computer said no

Then I tried it without a colon because I copied and pasted the title from the Escapist review. And it was accepted.

Fucking hell Escapist, couldn't you have made that version of the answer accepted?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Had an annoying issue with Day 3 Puzzle 2, in that I knew the game, but did not know it's full title. I was missing the third word, and had two sources showing without the third word. Man, that was annoying. Well played, @Landslide & @ThyNameIsMud .

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
sune-ku said:
Sgt. Dante said:
If you still haven't got it, check the order of the words, I expect you're doing the same as me and thought the 3 letter word was the first instead of the third.
you mean it isn't? damn, well that solves that problem. xD

Finally finished day 2. ^.^ anyone else face palm when they figured out 2-4? when you're almost there it seems absurd but when it hits you it seems so obvious.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
Lol @ some of these hints... they're just giving them away!

All done so far, if anyone's still looking for the significance of any of the pictures on 3-1 then just hit me up.

Zaleznikel

Sep 3, 2008
Could I make a request?

A lot of these hints are more geared towards getting the answer than solving the puzzle. As nice as that is, I would really appreciate help solving the puzzles rather than help guessing the answers. So if more tips like, for the "find the title in the jumble": "the answer is two words." or "the longest word is 6 letters long", instead of telling "this game was released on March 2, 2010 or it's being advertised everywhere.

I know that's difficult for some puzzles, and I'm not pointing at anyone in particular, just trying to help myself enjoy this more when I get (inevitably) stumped.

Thanks
:)

Invariel

The Wizard That Did It
Apr 10, 2009
For 3-1,
This all clicked when I didn't see "two mules" but instead "mule mule".
For 3-2,
As someone said earlier, rhymes with juice flecks. What rhymes with flecks that's been in video games? And then there are two titles that could work but only one that fits the puzzle.
For 3-3,
I love to type. But not enough to give up my typewriter to say this is a test.

MysteryMaid

May 25, 2008
ThatLankyBastard said:
Neptunus Hirt said:
Kermi said:
Edit, never mind, I'm a fucking idiot. Say the PUZZLE part over and over. It's practically poetry.
This has me stumped.
It just doesn't sound like anything real when I say it over and over.
Try saying it Syllable by Syllable, thats what got it for me...
OH MY GOD! That sucks to hell and back, First time I said the first two syllables slowly I had my answer -.-

Moving on to Day 3!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Invariel said:
For 3-2,
As someone said earlier, rhymes with juice flecks. What rhymes with flecks that's been in video games? And then there are two titles that could work but only one that fits the puzzle.
And as I said to that person, it only rhymes with "juice flecks" if you don't know how to pronounce Latin.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
Excuse my language, but
problem 3-1 was ass. ASS I SAY!

3-2's hint is silly. Of course it's by choice; that's how America came to be!

3-3: if it's Greek to you, then translate it back to English!

Going slightly off topic, I read a comment where someone mentioned notpron.org. So, being as inquisitive as I am, I moseyed on over to that site... and I'm already stuck. That crap makes these riddles look like "why'd the chicken cross the road?"

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Yomandude said:
Going slightly off topic, I read a comment where someone mentioned notpron.org. So, being as inquisitive as I am, I moseyed on over to that site... and I'm already stuck. That crap makes these riddles look like "why'd the chicken cross the road?"
I've gotten approximately 30ish pages into this one. There is also: thisisnottom.org

Both are quite good, but very abstract and cryptic. We considered going that route (and perhaps we'll get there on day 5), but we decided that people who really like and are really good at puzzles will still enjoy ours - and people who are discovering puzzles/riddles like this for the first time wouldn't get discouraged by the necessity of making a half-dozen intuitive leaps to find part of a clue that might lead to an answer.

That's not to say we didn't come up with some of those though ;) Picking which puzzles to present, and in which order to present them, was almost as hard as designing them in the first place.

This had gone well so far, so I can't see why we wouldn't do it again at some point. :)

-LS

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
OK - Since I know literally nothing about celebrities of any sort, I'm not sure yet if it'll help me or not yet, but who is the person in 3-1? Whether it's relevant or not, I just need to know before I can even try to solve this.

MysteryMaid

May 25, 2008
I want to smack my head off a wall repeatedly. Donkey?! Mule?! No.
My head hurts and I've just done three days puzzles in an hour.
I'm gonna go die now to save the torture of tomorrow.

slimeonline

is wondering how long this can b
Mar 22, 2010
Worst day so far!!!!
Played 0 of those games, got the first on my own but the last 2 thanks for the help guys :D