Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
I got these last night while being mocked by one of the puzzles crafter himself.

The second one was the one that really got me stuck for a while, partly because I hate word puzzles and partly because one of the first things I tried was the name of the series it is part of rather than the name of one of the individual releases so I kept skipping over the actual answer as already tried. Be specific and you'll get it.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
unacomn said:
Ok, the first one for day 3 was hillarious. I got it in 5 seconds. I'm still laughing on account of me thinking of alternative images that could spell the same thing.
Yes. I briefly considered alternative images. Decided against it. :)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Day 3 done. The first one was ridiculously easy, the third one was a bit annoying, and as usual, I just hade the "find the letters" ones. Second day was much harder than this though.
As usual, message or quote me to get clues.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Longshot said:
To be honest, a bit dissapointed with today. Much easier than the other days.

But still, a lot of fun Escapist, keep it up!
Consider this - perhaps you're getting smarter? :D

Or perhaps we're letting you think you are.

(maniacal laughter)

LinedGoat

Nov 23, 2009
Landslide said:
Longshot said:
To be honest, a bit dissapointed with today. Much easier than the other days.

But still, a lot of fun Escapist, keep it up!
Consider this - perhaps you're getting smarter? :D

Or perhaps we're letting you think you are.

(maniacal laughter)
You pretty much blew your cover right there if that was your plan!

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
3-1 and 3-3 were not that bad. 3-3 was annoying, but thankfully I have a cousin who used the "different strokes", saving me some time. 3-2, on the other hand was a serious pain in the neck. Wouldn't have gotten it without the hints. And I even had the right answer at some point, but I kept spelling the first word wrong. Still, at least it wasn't as bad as 2-4. I'm feeling more confident after today!

...Why do I get the feeling that this is the calm before the storm?

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
I got one pretty quickly even if I didn't get the last part of the clue. If anyone wants to pm me with the significance of the woman in the picture, that would be awesome!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Can we please have less of the stupid word jumbles? They kinda take "puzzle" out of the puzzle challenge since it's all guesswork.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Call me stupid, but I got every single puzzle except 3:2 ... I'm bad with words and even all the hints here were of no use. What is the way of doing this puzzle! I want to get back to my homework.

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
I cannot wait for tomorrow's puzzles.

Just remember, "Everything is permitted, nothing is true". (3-1 hint there)

ManDemon

Sep 21, 2009
I think 3-2 could have been better if there was one correct letter in each word given. At least then we would know how long the title we are looking for is and that there aren't words with no letters or 2 letters correct, which is what messed me up most. Oh well, here's hoping the next 2 days are a lot more fun and thought provoking instead of tedious.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
Yesss. All done.

Maybe now I can get some homework done...

Sporky111 said:
Can we please have less of the stupid word jumbles? They kinda take "puzzle" out of the puzzle challenge since it's all guesswork.
Seconded.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
Completed everything so far, and here are clues for day 1 2 and 3.

Day 1

Was advertised on the escapist for a bit, yatzee reviewed it. What does the Number 360 refer to?

You need to be phsyco to even attempt this. Try thinking of different words for "weep" and "female sibling"

4-1-18-11 removes both a step, however a word as well

an accurate description of a house that fell of a skyscraper

take a step back

Day 2

When your thinking outside the box, what could the animal inside the box be. Think schrodinger

The first two sylables and the last three are seperate. The last letter is prehaps misguiding

The 25th of june, 2009 gives a hint. The reviews section of the escapist will take you from there

Oppertunity, and faith may give you a clue

Day 3

Feel like a bit of an ass doing this quiz

Two clues, for the last two words. 46, and october 1917

Strokes are assosiated with keys. different keys mean a different keyboard

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i'm not smart enough for any of the...or i need to play more games so i know the names which are the answers

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
OK... On day 2, Question 3, I ABSOLUTELY am 100% positive I have the answer right. I've entered all the words, even in all caps. Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I spelled everything right. I'd have searched through the comments but there's way too many for me to have the time.

EDIT: Scratch that, I got it. Stupid ambiguous word orders.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
coldfrog said:
OK... On day 2, Question 3, I ABSOLUTELY am 100% positive I have the answer right. I've entered all the words, even in all caps. Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I spelled everything right. I'd have searched through the comments but there's way too many for me to have the time.
Make sure you've spelt it right. And that you've put all
four
of the words in.

thephill

Nov 24, 2010
big clues for day 3
going into memories not dreams... girls name is reid
a god within the machine, only this ones a prequel.
weighted weather.