Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
My main issue is still with 3-2 - every other puzzle was glorious, but this one had too many solutions. Example:

Tron: Evolution - the lead character doesn't get sucked into the game world by choice, so the clue works.
Myth - In every single part of Myth, the players tries to escape something. He wasn't there by choice.
GoblIns and GoblIIns (but not GoblIIIns sadly, which was the best of the series) - the poor fellahs need to sort something out that's definitely not by their choice.
SimAnt - something I wouldn't play by choice.

The list goes on and on, and all of them would be legal solutions fulfilling all conditions.
They're not. ;)

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
thephill said:
big clues for day 3
going into memories not dreams... girls name is reid
a god within the machine, only this ones a prequel.
weighted weather.
How on earth did you figure out 3-3 XD

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Seriously, some of the "hints" people are giving it away here are way, way to obvious.

Saying "it's a big game made by coming out ?" Really guys? I'm pretty bad at the anagram puzzles, but seriously, that's no fun.

If people are looking for unhelpful or obvious, vague hints...

3-1 wasn't too bad, just gotta try saying it in different ways.
3-2 haven't been able to do the anagram ones without someone giving away huge hints.
3-3 easy once you learn the process, but might be tricky if you don't know the different...ahem.. strokes... the hint is talking about.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
Oh you jerks, one of those isn't even out yet...

Also, I've a friend who actually does type like that. Made that much easier, as he doesn't look at the keys.

Thatguykalem

Dec 13, 2010
Azuaron said:
Invariel said:
For 3-2,
As someone said earlier, rhymes with juice flecks. What rhymes with flecks that's been in video games? And then there are two titles that could work but only one that fits the puzzle.
And as I said to that person, it only rhymes with "juice flecks" if you don't know how to pronounce Latin.
My thoughts exactly. I read that and thought, "That's not how you say it..."

Kaisius

Dec 6, 2010
ziggy161 said:
thephill said:
big clues for day 3
going into memories not dreams... girls name is reid
a god within the machine, only this ones a prequel.
weighted weather.
How on earth did you figure out 3-3 XD
Thephill's hint helped greatly (Thanks, Thephill) to get the answer. (In fact, thanks to everyone who's posted clues during all of this.) With that, I backtracked the solution. I'll try to be clever with my hint...but I make no promises....

Dr. William Dealey can help simplify things....

The Admiral

Jul 23, 2008
3-1 I got right away. It was either divine inspiration or the puzzle was just too easy

3-2 Took me a bit (and a clue or two).

3-3 "Different strokes..." I see what you did there, but I don't see how you went from "D.AKFPACB" to the answer. If someone would be so kind as to explain the steps, I would be greatful.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
A hint for number #2 should anyone be stuck?
The God in the Machine calls for change!
Your hint helped more than anything else. Much thanks. Thank god I knew the meaning of that phrase, eh?

havass

Dec 15, 2009
I HATE YOU 3-1, YOU ASS. TO THE EARTH'S CORE AND BACK. One of my favourite games and I can't believe I didn't get it.
Also, all you guys who quoted the game are being way too obvious.

SexMeat

Mar 10, 2010
I've just had a look at day 4. it's 5:05am and i haven't slept, I'm not even attempting these until tomorrow.

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
HOLY MOTHER! The hell is this! I still haven't finished day three. I already say that day five will be impossible!

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I think they hate us, I really do... and we still have on more day to go. I'm gonna go cry in the corner now.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
Landslide said:
What - you thought it'd get easier?

I distinctly remember hearing that Day 3 was a piece of cake! :)
The lack of clues is just cruel. Especially for 4-2.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
havass said:
Daedalus1942 said:
A hint for number #2 should anyone be stuck?
The God in the Machine calls for change!
Your hint helped more than anything else. Much thanks. Thank god I knew the meaning of that phrase, eh?
I was a little worried no-one would get it due to the word "machina" not being in the title, but I'm glad I helped you.
-Tabs<3-

Detheroth

Oct 23, 2010
I think i am going to scream and then break down into a blubbering mess... this is just plain cruel.. I do not know where to even start with either of these....