Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
TheColdHeart said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:
After you enter the 3 codes on 4-1 how many letters are you supposed to end up with? This could be where I'm falling into trouble, that and colour-blindness...

I'm assuming you mean of each of the 3 colours that appear?

if so

I'm only getting 1 blue no matter what i try
The capital letter next to the on you have highlighted is the other one you seek

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:
After you enter the 3 codes on 4-1 how many letters are you supposed to end up with? This could be where I'm falling into trouble, that and colour-blindness...

if so

The capital letter next to the on you have highlighted is the other one you seek
Well, I've noticed

when I enter the final code a new line appears above the previous 5 with a letter highlighted in it, is this the one im supposed to see, or a glitch? There is definately only 1 blue visible too.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:

if so

Distorted Stu said:
I got 4-2 finally!

4-1 is killing me, i cant get the blue letters peopel have mentioned =[

HELP?!
Well, since it looks like some kind of glitch, I'll just put the letters which should be highlighted. I'm sorry if I'll break some rules here, but a glitch or whatever shouldn't ruin the fun for others. If it is indeed an error, than please someone with moding power delete the content of the spoiler after it's fixed (or just say 'fix'd and I'll edit it myself).

Mod Note - This has been fixed

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Yossarian1507 said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:

if so

Distorted Stu said:
I got 4-2 finally!

HELP?!
Well, since it looks like some kind of glitch, I'll just put the letters which should be highlighted. I'm sorry if I'll break some rules here, but a glitch or whatever shouldn't ruin the fun for others. If it is indeed an error, than please someone with moding power delete the content of the spoiler after it's fixed (or just say 'fix'd and I'll edit it myself).

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
Jason Santora said:
Edit2: I got 4-2, I've never heard of the game. I must've input the wrong coordinates, since a quick google search told me the answer.
Never heard of GAME NAME? Wow. Greatest games in the last 5 years.

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
Yossarian1507 said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:
Yossarian1507 said:
TheColdHeart said:

if so

Distorted Stu said:
I got 4-2 finally!

HELP?!
thanks i was about to post that

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
cgmetallica1981 said:
Jason Santora said:
Edit2: I got 4-2, I've never heard of the game. I must've input the wrong coordinates, since a quick google search told me the answer.
Never heard of Wow. Greatest games in the last 5 years.
Shh! Don't tell the name of the game here. You're spoiling the fun.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Hmm, alright guys, 4-2 done, some of your hints were painfully obvious :D

but now,
I am trying to unlock 4-1 and seem to have lost a key, any hints to finding the KEY?

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
cgmetallica1981 said:
Jason Santora said:
Never heard of ~~~BLANK~~~? Wow. Greatest games in the last 5 years.
I'd take that out of your answer before it gets modded.

Had a little difficulty with 4-1, one of the letters (The second blue) didn't highlight, but it was enough to work with at least.

Not too bad at all today, entertaining.

Lord Nosferatu

The Prophet of Thrace
Nov 11, 2009
Well, 4-2 was quite simple. I figured right away what I was supposed to do
thanks to the pattern in the grouping of the places

4-1 on the other hand... I admit, I wouldn't have fiugred out the first part if it wasn't for you, guys. So thanks y'all.
Believe it or not, I hadn't seen the first thing-I-was-supposed-to-enter up untill now.
The second part was easy, they taught me that in 4th grade, I think.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
Hey, so I just tested the code for blue letters and they both lit up just fine. The problem is that the particular shade of blue they chose doesn't stand out very strongly against the black of the neighbouring letters, so it's harder to see. But I can assure you, both letters light up just fine.

There's no clue in that paragraph, I'm just talking about colours. I promise. ;)

Anyway, with a bit of help from someone over PM I got 4-2 before going to bed about 12 hours ago. I have the following hints for today's puzzles, for those who are still having difficulty:

"If we live by these codes three" has two meanings with this puzzle

Despite what the clue says, this entire puzzle is about plotting

Also, when I go to the page for day 4's puzzles I have both game names showing as the one from 4-2. Is this happening for anyone else? Am I going to have to re-enter the correct game name for 4-1 in order to get credit for the badge?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I FINALLY FUCKING DONE IT! thank you with all the ceasar hints, otherwise i would of been left with a load of random letters

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Fox242 said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
I've been working at 4-2 for 2 hours now and I am stuck...

Any clues would be appreciated...
Well, if you can't get it, then I'll have to follow you obsessively day and night until you get it right!
That just makes me want to not get figure out 4-2 at all!

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
Goddamn, I need help. The stupid color thing for 4-1 you guys are talking about doesn't come up for me, I tried EVERYTHING. I've decoded everything and I still have random numbers and letters.

pianoman

Aug 26, 2008
FINALLY finished 4-2, 4-1 wasn't too bad, though I was missing a letter! These puzzles have been devious, I'm very scared of what these guys have in store for the final day...

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
I couldn't get the last section of 4-2 to work properly. Google maps kept saying that it couldn't find directions, as well as the list of locations in Alaska. Fortunately I could somewhat make out what the symbol was anyway.

"Terran" doesn't refer to the game title, but a faction in the game. Also, the codes you type in aren't typed into a text box. Just click the list of letters and type them in like that. That should help people having trouble to find the color changes. That's all I'm saying. Look for other hints on here for other clues.

These locations are the DIRECTIONS to find your final destination. Once you have your end point, just do a quick Wikipedia search and you'll get your game.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I really need some help with 4:1.
I think I have deciphered the code, but I have no idea where to find the game codes to translate it. Can someone help me out here?? (And btw, I'm being vague for a reason, don't want to spoil anything...)
EDIT: Got it. Man, that was annoying. How was I supposed to know where to enter the codes?? Maybe I should pay closer attention to the instructions ^^'

As always, PM/quote me if you need clues.