Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
excuse me ive noticed that whoever fixes the problems on the quiz has changed the blue on 4-1 to yellow which is a big help, but the next letter is still not lighting up oh and also the 1st red letter
blue: the A and Red: the G (note: this will do noone any good unless they have already have entered the codes becuase an a and g could be decoded into any letters/ numbers)

EDIT: thanks for fixing the red one but the yellow still isnt working for me (ive done the question but it was a bit confusing with missing letters/ numbers im just trying to help out some others who are struggling)

SpiderHam666

Apr 17, 2009
fallouthirteen said:
Detheroth said:
I feel really silly.. but 4-1 has passed right over my head.. i have tried entering
god mode cheats for mentioned games, game names and entering the actual code written down
and nothing has happened, i have even looked at the page source and found nothing helpful here.. could someone please pm on how to START 4-1 please? I blitzed the last 3 days.. but this is driving me mental.. Thank you in advance.
Yeah I did the same thing a few times.
I finally noticed the color change in the text after entering each code a couple times while not in a text field or anything. Just highlight nothing (perhaps click in that jumbled letter field to be safe) and enter one of those codes you mentioned, look carefully at that letter field, and if you got the right code, the color of some letters should change.
I think most of you have been smoking some really strong drugs cause absolutely NOTHING i do causes ANY letters to change colors. So please share your goods so I can see the colors too.

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
Need help on 4-1: I don't think anything in this post is gonna ruin it for anyone, but just to be safe, I'll put it in spoilers.

I have the codes, got the letters (P.S. Did they just recently change the color of the last two letters), I'm pretty sure I know which cipher to use, I just don't know HOW to use it. HALP PLZ.

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
I have an issue with 4-1:

I got the name of the game, but what is "I>"?!

/EDIT: Doh! Seems like a letter hasn't lighted up. :(

Nice puzzle, but a bit full of issues on the technical side.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Okay on 4-1 can someone who done it help me pleeeease! If you haven't done it don't read the spoiler - not an answer but part of the puzzle.

Of the 3 codes I've typed in only 2 have had an effect - text turning green and yellow. The first one 'contrary' code is having no result. Now I'm damn sure I got it right, so maybe my input in wrong..? help!

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
GeorgW said:
I really need some help with 4:1.
I think I have deciphered the code, but I have no idea where to find the game codes to translate it. Can someone help me out here?? (And btw, I'm being vague for a reason, don't want to spoil anything...)
There's quite a couple of websites that can help you if you google for "codes". ;)

Personally, I like using Gamewinners.com, as it's pretty complete, accurate and best of all, no annoying flashy flashy warez and virus links.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I just got both of them. 4-1 makes you feel like a god once you see the answer the first time.

Orwellian37

Dec 22, 2009
Okay I know what I'm supposed to do with the codes, what is supposed to happen, and I know the cipher, but I have no idea how to get everything to click i.e. the codes aren't doing anything for whatever reason. I have all the pieces. Little help getting them in order?

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
Yep, me too. The clues are pretty thinly veiled but I'm only getting one code effect. I must be doing something stupid with the input format... Oh, well keep trying.

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
XinfiniteX said:
Okay on 4-1 can someone who done it help me pleeeease! If you haven't done it don't read the spoiler - not an answer but part of the puzzle.

Of the 3 codes I've typed in only 2 have had an effect - text turning green and yellow. The first one 'contrary' code is having no result. Now I'm damn sure I got it right, so maybe my input in wrong..? help!
ok here

ok sorry for my other hint it wasnt exactly correct does the code start with up up down down? (it should)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Karacan said:
GeorgW said:
I really need some help with 4:1.
I think I have deciphered the code, but I have no idea where to find the game codes to translate it. Can someone help me out here?? (And btw, I'm being vague for a reason, don't want to spoil anything...)
There's quite a couple of websites that can help you if you google for "codes". ;)

Personally, I like using Gamewinners.com, as it's pretty complete, accurate and best of all, no annoying flashy flashy warez and virus links.
Yeah, I got it now, but thanks anyway. The codes were not the problem, it was how to use them. I didn't pay much attention to the instructions :p

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
OMG. Thank-you I've been entering and re-entering the code I know to be right in every format I can think of (even the obviously wrong) for ages. The other output code is the same as what I had for the one that worked.

Scholar and a gent, cheers mate.

slimeonline

is wondering how long this can b
Mar 22, 2010
ok
Fury Is Me. said:
I understand that some people don't see all the highlighted letters, even if they spent a long time figuring out HOW to highlight the letters, which i think is unfair.
HOW?? I typed/highlighted them everywhere

message me if its giving too much away. thanks

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Wooo 4-1 finally!

What is this blue letter business? I got green, red and yellow 0_o

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Detheroth said:
HINT FOR 4-1 FOR THOSE WHO ARE STRUGGLING

There are three games in italics... the second two have codes for invincibility and the first uses a certain type of code.. named after a company and made famous after being used in a game developed for NES. This is the most i can say without completely giving it away. Now if you were to type these codes randomly on the page.. not in a box.. then things should start occurring. You need a keen eye. After things start going retro, then you need to find a suitable cipher. Think military... early military.

I am sorry if this gives a bit too much away.. but its the best i could do without giving away everything... I am still working on 4-2.. i hate google maps =.=
Thank you so much, you saved my sanity :p

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
Ahhhh. Knocking that 4-1 off was like slipping into a warm bath!

Now my brain can rest at ease... 'til I see what crazy lunatic puzzle you have for me today.

Orwellian37

Dec 22, 2009
After figuring out what to do, I feel ridiculous. I tried doing it all in a word doc. I'm ready for day 5!

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
XinfiniteX said:
Wooo 4-1 finally!

What is this blue letter business? I got green, red and yellow 0_o
they changed the blue letters to yellow cause people were saying it was ahrd to see them