Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
And another mod note

As I've said throughout this thread, please do not give away the answers. These puzzles include leaps of logic and when you spell it out there is no leap. So start leaping and stop spelling.

And if all else fails, if you think your hint is too obvious (as many of you have written) don't include it. :)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I genuinely feel sorry for you people come midnight. The Surgeon General warns that Day 5 has been known to cause seizures, blindness, and in extreme cases, death.

So far, we've been really impressed with how respectful you guys have all been, but there have been one or two people here and there who just don't seem to get it. Hints are great - we're positively thrilled with how you've all been helping each other, and genuinely impressed by how clever some of your hints are. But if anyone who spoils this final puzzle for everyone else participating is going to soar right to the top of our Least Favorite People list, and you really don't want to do that.

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
I genuinely feel sorry for you people come midnight. The Surgeon General warns that Day 5 has been known to cause seizures, blindness, and in extreme cases, death.
thats just a bedtime story they tell naughty little nerdlings to make them go to sleep that is purely based on superstition just like USB fairy and binary code elves

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Just came to say that some of these games have been obscure as hell, and these puzzles are all absolutely amazing. Stumped me and my family for an extended period of time before I thought to check this thread. Thanks to all you guys for the amazing clues. Can't wait for day 5.

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
Yeah, this quiz has been my crack for the last day and a half. Now I'm jittery for my next fix.

Ohhh, I know it'll probably kill me, but I got my brother into it as well, so at least I won't die alone...

Some of these puzzles have been worse than the time I welded up a steel box, put my friends birthday present in it, padlocked it and made the combination a messed up algorithm (devised with the help of an astrophysicist mate) and gave him that. Took him ages to get into it.

P.S. Escapist, I'll thank you guys now (I know it's time consuming to make this stuff)... before I see the last puzzle and want to kill you. *MWAH*

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Landslide said:
WARNING
Less than 5 hours before cerebral immolation.

Notify loved ones.
Notify next of kin.
Complete will.
Erase browser history.
Purchase tasteful headstone.
I'm getting the same feeling for this that I got as a kid on Christmas Eve before I got to open my presents.

Except this time, my present is coal. And it's on fire. And my dog is dead. :D

SheleKnights

Oct 6, 2010
Allright, I have finally completed all of the questions up to and including day 4. I'm eagerly waiting for the release of the final question in 2 hours. If anyone wants extra hints just message me or quote this post.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
RandallJohn said:
Landslide said:
WARNING
Less than 5 hours before cerebral immolation.

Notify loved ones.
Notify next of kin.
Complete will.
Erase browser history.
Purchase tasteful headstone.
I'm getting the same feeling for this that I got as a kid on Christmas Eve before I got to open my presents.

Except this time, my present is coal. And it's on fire. And my dog is dead. :D
Okay, I busted out laughing when I read this.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
i'm debating whether to stay up and try to be one of the first solvers, or just go to bed and think about it while i'm stuck at work tomorrow.

probably the latter.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
Seriously, I know the answer for 1. I have it. It isn't working though. (Got the colors and put it through a cipher, and I have a legit game name. But it isn't accepting.

EDIT: nvm, had a V instead of an X, lol

And that's it for day 4!

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
Volafortis said:
Seriously, I know the answer for 1. I have it. It isn't working though. (Got the colors and put it through a cipher, and I have a legit game name. But it isn't accepting.

Well, that didn't spoil ANYTHING.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
Yomandude said:
Volafortis said:

There are so many things that what I just said could possibly mean, it won't cause any revelations to ANYONE. There are far more telling things posted in the thread without tags. (Seriously, they've already explicitly said Caesar)

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
burningdragoon said:
haha "stop cheating you little &#$%" Nice. Figured out what to do before seeing that though.
Wait, where does that show up? I missed that part.

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
Yomandude said:
Volafortis said:

well it didnt really i mean theres a heap of other letters that you have to figure out anyway and even with the right
cipher
it could mean any letter/ number by itself

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
It's almost up now. No more talking for me. Solve first, ask questions later. I won't post again until I have this thing.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
I'm so keen for Day 5, but I'm goiong away soon, so I'm hoping I can solve it in about half an hour.

Ha, ain't gonna happen.
I'll do it when I get back tomorrow