Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
hint for 1:
forget heat. turn ur head "the rest of the clue".

hint for 3:
think of another name for "black hole".

hope this helps]

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Quite interesting and a good challenge, but number five is fairly easy if you're observant and haven't been living on Alpha Centauri for the past few months.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
Thanks heaps guys for the hints. I was really stuck with 1 (The WALL-E hint was way more useful then any other XD, my brain is funny) and 2, but finally got it :D

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
1 and 2 were easy but I needed to check this thread for hints for the others.

My brain can't do anagrams, even simple ones. I don't see how anyone could get 4 without without a hint since it doesn't seem to have any methodological cryptic solution other than that game's name being on the top of your head. I also apparently don't pay attention to certain heavily promoted games since I thought that 5 was a picture of a book.

Detheroth

Oct 23, 2010
FINALLY!! Number 2 kicked my ass all over the bloody place.

Thank you escapist for making these... I can not WAIT for the next 4 days.

Number 1:
Take the hint literally... there is no real twist to this

Number 2:
Reword the sentence= Cry, Little Sister... and this game will make your computer cry.

Number 3:
Cypher and Anagram... I can't make it much more obvious

Number 4:
Unless you have played the game, ignore what the letters spell out... just think of a recent game that would be stupid too wear linen or lace... and maybe check the reviews if you are really stuck... I am sorry if this gives too much away

Number 5:
Think about what everyone has said in the thread and then google search it... i got it in 4 key words... it is a very popular game and the owner of the gun appears to have named it.

I apologise if these make the answers too obvious OR if they have already been said. I solved them with a little help from the people on page 2-3 and didn't read much further. Good luck all and BRING ON TOMORROW!!

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
Here are some cryptic hints for all five puzzles. I've never used the spoiler tag before, so sorry if I'm not doing it right.
1: The math you need is geometry, not algebra.
2: The game makes some people cry, but my sis thought it was lame.
4: Needless letters mask the true word, but don't go tearing people's limbs off if you can't de-cipher it.
5: I don't know about you, but I prefer Reach.

The Noble Shade

Dec 24, 2008
Damn right I got them all. Thank you to everyone for their help. Now for my hints.
Using Yahtzee is cheating.
1: Just follow the directions... and attache a word to it.
2: Two words, smashed together.
3: So they pick one of the worst modern games for an answer. Terrific.
4: The clue is worthless, look at the recent reviews
5: You HAVE seen this game, you just might noticed this detail

Hope this helps.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
I finally got all five. It was tough. The first three were the easiest for me. Five was tough but when I realized the answer, I hit my head on my desk for good measure. I had never even hear of number four, though. Let me send out my hints, in order...

A change in perspective is all you need.

Synonyms are your best friend.

This was tough. Two words, the amount of letters in each remains the same. Black holes are a strong clue.

This was trouble. I never heard of the game myself. Linen and lace, sure, but I'd be more worried of my limbs in this horrific building.

Like I said, I should've known when I realized. This game is fairly new, the latest in a series. The color black stands out here...or not.

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
I see so many people here complaining about #1, but it was the easiest one for me to figure out. It's just a question of looking at it the right way. The other ones were considerably more troublesome and less obvious.

Yeah, that was me trying to give a hint.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Okay, this is weird. I've got 4 and 5. But number 2? I know that

"Cry, little sister" Is a song...but it's not a song from anything as far as I know?

1 and 3 are going to kill me.

EDIT: Oh my God, don't tell me that number 2 is....OH COME ON. IT WAS JUST..OH MY GOD I HATE THIS.

DrunkMc said:
God dammit! Got one!

I put into GIMP, turned it 90degress and couldn't figure it out, turned it -90 degrees!
MAM?

MVM?

THOSE AREN'T GAMES.
FUCK YOU ALL THOSE AREN'T GAMES. WHAT THE SHIT AM I MISSING HERE!?

EDIT: I got it....

EDIT EDIT EDIT: YES. DONE. I AM A WINNER. I've never even heard of games 3 and 4 though...

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
I don't know if the puzzle creators are reading this but I found 1 and 5 the hardest by far...but not for good reasons.

1 didn't include the whole name. I actually typed in the correct first part of the name.....(what is shown in the puzzle) without realizing it was a game I had actually played (because it's not the whole name in the puzzle). That was bad enough but luckily I figured out the puzzle part of it and typed in what I saw pretty fast so it wasn't frustrating.

Puzzle 5 though did not take the first half of the name at all, but did take the second half. You had to be pretty on the spot in how you entered it for it to count....which caused me to take the longest on puzzle 5.

Over all lots of fun....but 1 and 5 were more annoying then fun because of the above problems.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
TGBA said:
Finally got them all! Hints:

One of Yahtzee's earlier reviews
If you can get this one you are nomad or psycho, you just love your PC
This game involves an unconventional method of flight
Remake of an old Namco game, check the recent reviews.
This is the kind of game you can't not hear about
thank you i had no clue about number 2 existence until i looked up the names

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks everyone for the help, I finally got it. Stupid Calc final eating my brain power.

Squidden

Nov 7, 2010
WOW I was tilting my head the wrong way for number 1. Now for a little contribution:

What's the opposite of wrong?

Think of entrepreneurship when you look at it.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Finally got them all, thanks to you helpful people. I found it strange that there is no form of confirmation or "You have completed Day 1" message, but I'm sure it'll make more sense in conjuncture with the others. :D

My only useful advice is for #3: Be very careful when you convert. It's easy to miss it by one letter.