TF2 Rip-Off game: Really a Rip-Off?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Yes. Yes it is. See for yourself.

I have nothing left to say. I was going to format this into an article but can't due to uncontrolled laughter at the audacity of such a thing.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Yeah, I just noticed this on Kotaku...and all I can say is...I hope they give up.
TF2 cannot be beaten at its own game.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
And so the creativity virus passes over another studio..

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
Well, it's third person and it's about toys, I... think...

But I really laughed when I saw the "Ubercharge" bit, haha! And the EMP grenade that looked strangely similar to a drunk, black, Scottish cyclops' grenades...

And... was that a baseball bat!?

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Good god, that really is blatant isn't it?
So they've changed some characters to robots and others into schoolgirs?
My brain hurts.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
It looks more like a TF2 mod played on a de_rats map.

A mod that changes all the characters into anime chicks and robots.

Captain Urahara

Dec 22, 2008
This is a huge rip-off. The way the baseball bat, mini-gun, grenade launcher look, the scope of the sniper rifle, even the look of the Demoman and Soldier characters. It's a complete rip-off.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
...I do believe this trailer just ganked the game it was advertising, to use a vulgar term.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
nickkos said:
Oh my...valve is going to shit a brick
You mean the developers of this game are going to shit a brick. And wipe with the subpoena that they will be getting.

The grenades, the sniper rifle, sounds and scope, the heavy weapon, the damned ubercharge, the bat, the rocket launcher, even the music sounds pretty damn similar.

I think I saw everything but the spy, the engie and the medic, but I guess we'll get that in a patch.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Oh no. A class based shooter. Gasp.

Yeah. It kind of strikes me as a cross between Team Fortress 2 and Custom Robo. You know what? That's okay. You have have homages and imitators in video games. Good ideas set trends. I'd be interested to see how this turns out.

If the game's any good, I don't see a reason why it can't coexist with Valve's product - which is loaded with personality and charm.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I liked the video but sheesh, it's basically screaming "TF2 inspiration". I was expecting that sniper to get backstabbed at one point.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Okay, this is clearly TF 2, with simply the models exchanged mainly for manga and anime girls.

Is this a mod for TF 2 or something? 'cause that I could understand. But if this will be/is it's own game...Yeah. Creativity is officially dead. Again.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
I thought this actually had some appeal to it. I mean it's like Toy Story in TF2. And I loved Toy Story. But this brings me up to another idea I read on this forum somewhere. It would have been totally awsome if they (Valve) also made it possible to have like a team of females as well in TF2. That would in my opinon be totally awsome

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Is this real? If it is, wow. I've never seen a game so dedicated to actually rip every single idea of TF2 off. The only thing different is that they're toys and the map is small-scaled. Other than that, every aspect is ripped-off,