TF2 Rip-Off game: Really a Rip-Off?

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Daye.04 said:
It would have been totally awsome if they (Valve) also made it possible to have like a team of females as well in TF2. That would in my opinon be totally awsome
His Noodly Goodness save us from horny nerds wanting to peek up Haruhi Suzumiya's short skirt while she's bashing people to the head with a baseball bat.....

Because honestly, that's what the motivation would be for over 90% of the gamers.

Sure, toy story-esque multiplayer shooting game is a good idea.

It's called TF 2. And it's making a crapload of money, as expected.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
ThrobbingEgo said:
Oh no. A class based shooter. Gasp.

Yeah. It kind of strikes me as a cross between Team Fortress 2 and Custom Robo. You know what? That's okay. You have have homages and imitators in video games. Good ideas set trends. I'd be interested to see how this turns out.

If the game's any good, I don't see a reason why it can't coexist with Valve's product - which is loaded with personality and charm.
There's a difference though. I actually may play this, but it doesn't stop the fact that they've basically shrunk everyone and changed the characters. There's homages, but this just takes the piss. If it were just a class based shooter, some would cry rip-off, but not everyone.

SakSak said:
Daye.04 said:
It would have been totally awsome if they (Valve) also made it possible to have like a team of females as well in TF2. That would in my opinon be totally awsome
His Noodly Goodness save us from horny nerds wanting to peek up Haruhi Suzumiya's short skirt while she's bashing people to the head with a baseball bat.....

Because honestly, that's what the motivation would be for over 90% of the gamers.

Sure, toy story-esque multiplayer shooting game is a good idea.

It's called TF 2. And it's making a crapload of money, as expected.
And they have rats maps on TF2 already. Just swap the models and it's the same thing.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Wow, so close to Team Fortress 2.
I will admit though, I do like the idea in fighting in an everyday environment being the size of a toy like that, though the theme of school girls vs demon girls vs robots seems a bit weird... One of the bigger reasons people might get that probably is that they prefer third person.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Ham Blitz said:
Wow, so close to Team Fortress 2.
I will admit though, I do like the idea in fighting in an everyday environment being the size of a toy like that
Well there are already TF2 custom maps that do this.

yosophat

Apr 15, 2009
This looks like a Japanese version/rip-off of Team Fortress 2. Seriously one of the classes takes out a silver bat. Oh and by the way I think Valve got some of its ideas for TF2 from Conker's Bad Fur Day.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
TheOneFreeman said:
I have 3 questions:

1. Why?
2. Why?
3. WHY?

And by god they made the scout a manga girl.
1. To piss
2. you
3. off

You think the scout was bad? One of the dolls does the demoman pose from his video when he screams "let's do it!" It's at 1:32.

Cabboge

Mar 29, 2009
well, the only upside to the whole damn thing is you finally get a chance to slaughter manga schoolgirls.......

besides, it can never reach TF2 glory because I never once saw the 2 most important classes, the engineer and the spy

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
ThrobbingEgo said:
Oh no. A class based shooter. Gasp.

Yeah. It kind of strikes me as a cross between Team Fortress 2 and Custom Robo. You know what? That's okay. You have have homages and imitators in video games. Good ideas set trends. I'd be interested to see how this turns out.

If the game's any good, I don't see a reason why it can't coexist with Valve's product - which is loaded with personality and charm.
There's a difference though. I actually may play this, but it doesn't stop the fact that they've basically shrunk everyone and changed the characters. There's homages, but this just takes the piss. If it were just a class based shooter, some would cry rip-off, but not everyone.
Ah, but the levels look pretty well designed.

We don't know much about the game, aside from the fact that:
1) They have classes that seem to shadow the TF2 squad's niche.
2) They're tiny.
3) The music sounds kinda like TF2's action theme.
4) The camera angle's third person, instead of first person.

That doesn't give us a lot to go on. Let's see where they go with this, then complain it's just a blatant TF2 clone.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
I despise how they use anime-based females. Plus, it needs SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
This is just.... have they no shame? And what were they thinking when they turned the heavy into a skinny manga &!%$# on pills.... the horror...

kiltmanfortywo

Jul 14, 2008
so valve now owns the copyright on baseball bats, 60's spy music theme songs, crappy homemade sniper rifles, grenades that are animated but still plausible, miniguns, and powerups that make you invincible?

Sure, the game isn't the most creative game in the world but then again, neither is TF2. Team based shooters are all over the place, mainly as seperate gamemodes in FPS's but still there. These two games just happen to put a more cartoony feel on it.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
This concept has alot fo room to fly, their bizzare cling to the TF2 Formula is actually holding them back. Picture this out- Army Men with machine guns, Anime figurings with giant mallets and other rediculous ovesized weapons, Sci fi action figures with jetpacks and lazors... this could have been epic. I'll bang out an idea for the game as it should've been tomarrow.

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
Beyond the blatant ripping off, it seems to take itself and its premise seriously.

I doubt this will succeed at all outside of Japan though, if it does there. I'm not even sure how it will be distributed, and I can't bring it up in a Google search or on Wikipedia. I had to use a trail of links from youtube through some random foreign game interest site to the developer's site.

You know, when I think of how minor/independent PC games are distributed, I think Steam. I can just imagine them trying to get Valve to put this up.

http://www.sk-imedia.com/

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
When I hear true rip-off, I think of a product that is indentical not only in concept, but also in the majority of art and models. This is no more a rip-off then half of todays shooters and rip-offs of Halo: CE. Not like one being superior to the other is really going to matter too me because my PC can barley run even TF2, much less a 2009 game.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Knonsense said:
Beyond the blatant ripping off, it seems to take itself and its premise seriously.

I doubt this will succeed at all outside of Japan though, if it does there. I'm not even sure how it will be distributed, and I can't bring it up in a Google search or on Wikipedia. I had to use a trail of links from youtube through some random foreign game interest site to the developer's site.

You know, when I think of how minor/independent PC games are distributed, I think Steam. I can just imagine them trying to get Valve to put this up.

http://www.sk-imedia.com/
It's Korean. They will find a way, I'm sure of it.

TsunamiWombat said:
This concept has alot fo room to fly, their bizzare cling to the TF2 Formula is actually holding them back. Picture this out- Army Men with machine guns, Anime figurings with giant mallets and other rediculous ovesized weapons, Sci fi action figures with jetpacks and lazors... this could have been epic. I'll bang out an idea for the game as it should've been tomarrow.
Like I said above, I'm probably going to test this out depending on how it's available, because it still looks interesting. It's not going to move away from the east though, because of it's similarities to TF2 methinks.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Okay, I must admit its a blatant rip-off. But it has a lot going for it. If they actually tried to justify the character figurines (I just can't see a Haruhi figurine being a scout-like class) as well as create more interesting class outside the usual (like spacemen jetpacks, or having jet figurines doing air strikes) then it has a lot going for it.

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
It's Korean. They will find a way, I'm sure of it.
Ah, my mistake. I just assumed because of the art style and alphabet that I was unfamiliar with.