TF2's Sniper Trades Rifle For Bow and Arrow

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I can understand why PC gamers like Valve so much. They really do what they tell us.

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
I was more expecting that the upgrade would provide him with a bumerang (shameless australian stereotype. Not sure what weapons new zealanders used). It's going to have the fun of HL2 added in it. It's going to be like shooting down combines with it! YAY!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Coool cool cool cool.

Thank God snipers are harder than Scouts, people won't stack them.

...Won't they? ;p

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
runedeadthA said:
Omega 2521 said:
Ashbax said:
Omega 2521 said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I have it for the Xbox. Waaaaaah.
It's coming eventually, don't worry.
Dude, on xbox we are still waiting for the new maps. We is NEVAH gonna get the bow and arrow at this rate >.>
I know, but with the release of L4D content on the 360 for free, things are looking up for a release of TF2 content. Maybe once Valve finishes all the class updates they'll do one big release.
The Problem for 360 owners is that it can only handle X amount of stuff. The simple fact is that their isn't enough space for all this TF2 awesomeness...
It makes me breath a sigh of relief that I have it on PC.
They're working in it. They said they've found ways of cutting it down so it'll fit. It'll probably still be a while though.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
whyarecarrots said:
scotth266 said:
Earthbound said:
Ah, I can't wait until this update. I will not be playing sniper. In fact, I probably won't test out the weapons for a few weeks after the update. As a career spy, I will be doing what I do best. I'll be running up to the eight snipers lined up in a row trying to get headshots and plunge my knife into every one of their exposed, defenseless, cowardly BACKS!!!
*deep breathing*
Yeah, I'm going to enjoy the update.
I am of a similar opinion. The Demoman or Soldier was in need of an update 10 TIMES MORE than the Sniper..
I'd personally have to disagree: I think the Soldier is brilliant as he is, and really enjoy playing him without any achievements or unlocks. And a demoman update would just result in more people playing the bastards, and damn I hate fighting demomen....
I know that the Soldier doesn't really need the update: he was fine as delivered. But I'd rather fight waves of soldiers than waves of snipers... I hate snipers.

As for the demoman, he seriously needs some combat alternatives: some more direct, but far less powerful options would please me greatly.

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
Wow, this is silly, exactly why I love TF2.

Dunno if people will be willing to trade in the rifle for the bow, because whilst it's certainly much classier and far more British, I don't know if people will really want to play as a close-range sniper. If it's just a more powerful sniper rifle where the projectiles arc through the air, then great, it'll add a good bit more skill to good marksmanship, but if we now have snipers charging to the front lines with heavies and soldiers, I'm not going to be happy.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
I wonder if this thing will be any match to the normal sniper rifle. Why would you want to replace a weapon with long range and insta kill abilities, with a weapon with not such a long range and insta kill abilities? I don't get it...

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
funksobeefy said:
haha I love Valve :) the last quote is awesome!

does anybody know how if the xbox live downloads are free?
valve wants to give it for free but I think microsoft wants to charge money.