"THAT didn't kill him?"

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
No-Superman10 said:
In Preadator a man (Redshirt) gets shot in the chest with the plasma caster, the result? His chest is asplod and you can see his heart. Arnold Shwarzanegger (sp?) get shot in the shoulder and it results in a little bit of red.

Wait what?
That bothered me a bit, too.
Could be argued that the Pred' used a quick-shot and not a charge-shot or something, but yeah I get what you're saying.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
No-Superman10 said:
In Preadator a man (Redshirt) gets shot in the chest with the plasma caster, the result? His chest is asplod and you can see his heart. Arnold Shwarzanegger (sp?) get shot in the shoulder and it results in a little bit of red.

Wait what?
His muscles could reflect pure energy back with the power of how awesome they are!! Bow to Arnie, bow to the king.

OT: Izzak crow. (BATMAN vs Rock and roll comic)

He blows himself up with a grenade, does 45 ounces of meth, and downs an entire bottle of pills and a keg of booze. Good lord man just die!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
In the movie Deep Blue Sea there is one hell of a paradox. You see there are these super killer sharks in the movie who are set loose in the facility and one of the sharks is successfully killed by the heroine (while in her underpants obviously) by shocking it to death with an electrical cable thrown into the water.

Later on in the movie, the main shark, like the huge female, chases after the main character while he is swimming completely underwater in a flooded facility filled with computer terminals. It misses him and crashes face first into a computer terminal and gets zapped and... is annoyed for a second and then swims around as if nothing happened.

How the hell does one electrical cable being thrown into a body of water result in Kentucky Fried Shark but an explosive shot circuit of a computer system submerged underwater does nothing but let out a few sparks. I mean, shouldn't the entire underwater room just exploded into an electrical sea?

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Vrex360 said:
In the movie Deep Blue Sea there is one hell of a paradox. You see there are these super killer sharks in the movie who are set loose in the facility and one of the sharks is successfully killed by the heroine (while in her underpants obviously) by shocking it to death with an electrical cable thrown into the water.

Later on in the movie, the main shark, like the huge female, chases after the main character while he is swimming completely underwater in a flooded facility filled with computer terminals. It misses him and crashes face first into a computer terminal and gets zapped and... is annoyed for a second and then swims around as if nothing happened.

How the hell does one electrical cable being thrown into a body of water result in Kentucky Fried Shark but an explosive shot circuit of a computer system submerged underwater does nothing but let out a few sparks. I mean, shouldn't the entire underwater room just exploded into an electrical sea?
Perhaps the computers where left on hibernation?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Jezzascmezza said:
Captain Rhodes in Day of the Dead.
He does eventually die, but he manages to tell the zombies to choke on his intestines as they pull them out.
Man if zombies can use guns, that will severely complicate things. In retrospect, he probably should have loaded the gun before he left the room.

OT: Not sure if this counts, but in The Fellowship of the Ring, when they are in Moria, I had forgotten that Frodo was wearing his mithril vest and was very surprised when he wasn't killed when the cave troll tried to skewer him. Then he revealed the vest and I went "Ahhh! Mithril! Right!"

What's really sad about that is that I had read the book too, so I should have known better.

oldMcDouche

Mar 30, 2009
The Dark Night when the joker tosses Batmans BFF/GF out of the window of his skyscraper, he jumps right after her and they land on a cab together and walk off as if nothing happened

Zeidrich2004

Jun 30, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Jezzascmezza said:
He does eventually die, but he manages to tell the zombies to choke on his intestines as they pull them out.
Man if zombies can use guns, that will severely complicate things. In retrospect, he probably should have loaded the gun before he left the room.

OT: Not sure if this counts, but in The Fellowship of the Ring, when they are in Moria, I had forgotten that Frodo was wearing his mithril vest and was very surprised when he wasn't killed when the cave troll tried to skewer him. Then he revealed the vest and I went "Ahhh! Mithril! Right!"

What's really sad about that is that I had read the book too, so I should have known better.
Surely the force of being hit by the spear would have crushed him even if the mythril protected him from the point?

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
MrShowerHead said:
Commando.

What part of it? The whole movie.
But commando is epic. Arnie blows up 2 buildings using only a few Claymore mines.. then takes down the best part of a hundred henchmen with a chaingun, with 20 bullets :p

Let off some steam bennett!

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
On monster hunter freedom 2 even though you are going up against big dragons it can still get riduculous when you've slashed through a wyvern multiple times with a giant honking great sword (think cloud strife big sword size) and it is just mildly inconvinenced.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Mariakitten said:
Well in Metal Gear Solid 4...
When Snake shoots himself in the mouth at the end and doesn't die
he dosnt actually shoot himself.....i think he pulls the gun out just before, hence the hevy panting and sweatyness on the ground

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
EightGaugeHippo said:
Anakin from Star Wars Ep3. How the hell did he survive getting both legs and an arm cut off, then being set on fire by lava!?!!?
The lightsabers seal cuts instantly, though he should have at least passed out from the pain

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Vrex360 said:

The PC was probably only running on 110V (it is possible for a human to survive a shock from this) whereas the electrical cable would have a much higher voltage. Basically because it is supplying power from the generator to other parts of the facility it would have a really high voltage which would be brought down to something more usable on each floor or in a certain area.

Note: I'm guessing that because its an American facility, electrical equipment will be running on 110V which is the standard in the US.

the trooper

Oct 17, 2009
i do feel like face palming people who try to apply logic to everything in fiction. its not really reality so why in real lifeshould it be a problem... unless some idoit thinks its possible in real life

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Zeidrich2004 said:
Macgyvercas said:
Jezzascmezza said:

Surely the force of being hit by the spear would have crushed him even if the mythril protected him from the point?
One would think, but they have that covered too. Bilbo states that mithril is "as light as a feather, and as hard as dragon scales". Now I know we really only have Smaug to go on, but his scales and hide were invulnerable except for one spot above his left breast.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I wonder how the Pokemon don't die after getting hit multiple times by Fire, Electricity, and Huge Boulders...

But meh, i aint complaining XD

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
In die hard one

Bruce willis fights with a german guy...after a strenuous hand to hand fight bruce willis manages to wrap a chain around the germans neck and hoists him into the air

After struggling for a bit he goes gurgles, goes silent and then stops struggling, Bruce wanders off to save some hostages and five minuits later walks through the room with the hanging german man, some of the hostages screem at the bloody hanging german

about twenty minuits later german man reappears to fight another day...where he is shot or thrown out a window or somthing...

how did he survive being hung by the neck for an excess of twenty minuits!!!!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
the trooper said:
i do feel like face palming people who try to apply logic to everything in fiction. its not really reality so why in real lifeshould it be a problem... unless some idoit thinks its possible in real life
Idiot*

I mean the amount of times Rhino has fully charged Spiderman you would think he would at least be hospital with a broken bone!