That game you could never beat growing up

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
I could never finish Streets of Rage. I was young back then. I've not gone back yet.

It took me a long time to finish the original Homeworld. I completed Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 before I managed the first game. I kept getting stuck on a particular mission that I couldn't beat! I've completed it now however :), Totally worth the wait!

Edorf

May 30, 2010
Heart of Darkness... Just couldnt jump far enough to get over the hole! grrr.....

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Lopsided Weener said:

This game kept me busy for a very long time on the Master System, and I never did get very far with it. I can barely remember it now but I think I still loved it! =D
Holy shit, that brings back painful memories. I remember you had to get a rope and tie it around the crocodile's mouth. I was about 4 or 5 then, and my timing sucked ass, I'd always jump too early or too late, and land on the crocodile when his mouth was open and die. I had the Amiga500 version, graphics were awesome. Jumping into candles killed you by turning you into a fried egg, just epic.

I also had trouble with treasure island dizzy, and magicland dizzy was a helluva long game, wish I had access to walkthroughs back then. Thought I did have the pleasure of watching my 11 year old friend beat these games.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The first Rayman game and another called Mickey Mouse' Adventures, or something, to PS1.
I got pretty far in, but I got stuck on some levels and could never get past them.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I wasn't really interested in beating games other than Pokemon as a kid. However, I gave it my best shot with Metroid Prime, but found it to be very difficult. I'm not sure what I would think of it now, as I have had more experience with console games since.

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
Batman Beyond: return of the joker. Couldn't beat the first or second level. Only when I was much older did I learn I really wasn't supposed to. Worst game ever.

BJK55123

Dec 10, 2009
My step-brothers would make me play football videogames with them just because they knew I would lose and they knew I would play anyway because I was obsessed with videogames. Now I hate most all sport games. Jackasses.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:
My avatar...

*sobs* I still have the damned cartiradge in the damned N64 hooked up in my room!
ah yes majora's mask... how I hate that confusing mess of a game >.<

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
007 Goldeneye for the N64...
although that was mostly because the game stopped fucking working, and I hae yet to get a replacement.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
I grew up with two games.
- BattleToads
- Super Mario Brothers the lost levels.

Yeah. I didn't have any chance.

Benjamin Moore

Nov 29, 2010
Not including the games I played at my friends' houses:
Runner's up is Star Wars Empire Strikes Back for Game boy, which I mainly couldn't finish because it had no save and took a day to play. I just never had the time to play it all through in one sitting.

However the real kicker is Lemmings Paintball. Particularly the level in Mayhem: Babylem 5. I recently found an abandonware version of this game and I still can't beat that level. It's ridiculously complicated: each switch controls at least one door or platform (which you can hear trigger) and a slippery pad (which you can't hear). Plus, half the switches are pressure pads which you can't see anyway, and half of those require being shot! It also has a time limit and your lemmings die in one hit. This is usually fine, but you really don't have the time to explore this level properly, as there are so many possible combinations of switches you need to figure out.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Out of games that I actually owned and liked, Ninja Gaiden for the NES. I could always make it to the 5th level but then it became a struggle. If I even managed to get to the 6th level, there was no way I was finishing it.. in fact, I think I only ever saw the final boss in that game two or three times, never mind actually beating him.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
StriderShinryu said:
Out of games that I actually owned and liked, Ninja Gaiden for the NES. I could always make it to the 5th level but then it became a struggle. If I even managed to get to the 6th level, there was no way I was finishing it.. in fact, I think I only ever saw the final boss in that game two or three times, never mind actually beating him.
Ninja Gaiden is hardcore xD I Completed the Master System one once :)