That one mistake...

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
After my time on the EU West (Read: Best) League server, these people drive me insane.

"OMG SURR @ 20 WE LOOSE THIS GAME. FEED MID LOOSE US THIS GAME"

Fuck that. No.No.No, these people need to be rounded up and removed from the server until they understand language.
Sharing that pain errday.

What annoys me about language EUW is when people who don't speak any English whatsoever try and use acronyms. Or make sentences out of them. (its better now but it was pretty bad)

OT: League-related I'm afraid, but no less annoying.
"YAAY WE TANKS WILL GO KILL CHASING LEAVING THE SQUISHY AP AND ADC UNDEFENDED THEN COMPLAIN WHEN WE LOSE"
or
"IF WE ALL BUILD DAMAGE WE WONT NEED A TANK"
Why can no-one remember this is a team game

arglebargle.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
MiskWisk said:
MiskWisk don't like incorrect language
oh come on, i could care less about incorrect use of these grammar and spelling stuff, their are worse things then that ;-)

nah, just kidding; in German there are quite a few classics (and even way more less common mistakes)
in general i don't care that much about them, but when my super-oh-so-smart-my-grades-were-so-much-better-than-yours-and-so-am-i fellow students, who basically got the best marks in every single effing class, rape their OWN language... i could just grab the next scalpel and study anatomy on the LIVING thing :mad:
before being a smartass one should make sure that one actually IS smarter (at least in the particular field)

yeah, so: language
also: bad manners - from loudly munching nachos at the theatre to focusing on smartphone instead of the people you originally wanted to hang out with, from sitting down before the women do to not having the slightest idea how to use knife and fork
all depending on the occasion of course ^^
so maybe "unfitting" is a better choice of words than "bad"

and blind brand loyalty, especially combined with fanboy/girlism - "blabla my IPHONE blabla, shoopdawoop my MACBOOK somethingsomething" - you meant your smartphone and your laptop, right?

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Jaywalking. I just get so pissed every time I see somebody do it. Especially when they always wind up doing it within a couple seconds of a marked cross walk. It's not that I'm mad at them for obstructing traffic or getting in my way, I just don't think people should endanger their lives so pointlessly.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Necron_warrior said:
The Wykydtron said:
After my time on the EU West (Read: Best) League server, these people drive me insane.

Fuck that. No.No.No, these people need to be rounded up and removed from the server until they understand language.

What annoys me about language EUW is when people who don't speak any English whatsoever try and use acronyms. Or make sentences out of them. (its better now but it was pretty bad)

"YAAY WE TANKS WILL GO KILL CHASING LEAVING THE SQUISHY AP AND ADC UNDEFENDED THEN COMPLAIN WHEN WE LOSE"
or

arglebargle.
Hey the first is a totally legit strat if you happen to have a good J4 on your team. Like I dunno me, for example :D. Cataclysm senses tingling, Flash E,Q DEMACIA! Killing the AD while giving your Vayne free damage. Fuckin' legit ground coverage in a split second. You're so far forward from your team they have no choice but to focus you and you're a good boy who built flat tank not some faggy ass AD build so you never die. Then you E,Q back into your team to protect any people who got past you to attack Vayne. J4 does it all.... With style!

Is it bad that one of the main reasons I like my new headset is that the manly ass ult shouts are much more crisp and clear than my other one? All they need to do now is to make his ult do AOE damage to everyone in the area not just the one person you click it on. It makes perfect sense! Also hilarious instant pentakills!

Just as a preface to any budding J4 players, you know you can collapse the circle at any point right? Because collapsing the circle early is sometimes the best option if you misjudged your ult. I know you're Jarvan and you think you're helping, but you're really not mmk hun?

[sub][sub]J4 pls. I'm dying, let me out. J4 pls.[/sub][/sub]

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
The "e" at the end of plural words what end in "o". I work in restaurants and when I see my chef, number one in the kitchen, writes "tomatos" on the board I want to throw something. 'Cause sometimes they will write "tomatoe" and "tomatos" on the same god damn board.

O.E.S. Jesus H. Christ. First grade shiat there.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
HoneyVision said:
Or when people say "Irregardless" which is technically not even a word.
This, my father even refuses to believe it even though you can show it is not in a dictionary and many sources say it is not a word he "just knows it is a word" to which all always reply that I just know he is a small goat that can communicate telepathically that is how we are talking.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
People who say "Pacifically" instead of "Specifically". Especially when it's my mom.

That and others, but this is my main one as it just baffles me.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
It's really stupid but it annoys me when people misquote things, especially super famous ones. I've lost count of how many times I've gotten annoying because someone's said 'Luke, I am your father'. That's not what Vader says damn it! There have been countless times when I've corrected people and they've just looked at me like I'm crazy. It's not my fault I have a good memory for lines.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
Taking a bookkeeping course at the moment, and the woman sitting in front of me keeps saying "subpract" instead of subtract. Its really starting to bug me.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Using u instead of you and pronouncing ye as ye instead of the! OH THE RAGE!!!

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Grammar & orthography aside...

"It's a true fact! It's on the internet!"

Quadocky

Aug 30, 2012
I never really understood people who rage over spelling mistakes. Especially those who are so uptight about it that they literally will not communicate with you unless you ascribe to their ever lofty standards of word-fandoogling.

The mistake that kinda irks me the most nowadays is when people refer to women as Female and men as Male. It may be correct in some cases, but the word Woman and the word Man describe a much broader sense of the entirety of their existence. We are not solely defined by what is between our legs.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Necron_warrior said:
The Wykydtron said:

or

arglebargle.
Hey the first is a totally legit strat if you happen to have a good J4 on your team. Like I dunno me, for example :D. Cataclysm senses tingling, Flash E,Q DEMACIA! Killing the AD while giving your Vayne free damage. Fuckin' legit ground coverage in a split second. You're so far forward from your team they have no choice but to focus you and you're a good boy who built flat tank not some faggy ass AD build so you never die. Then you E,Q back into your team to protect any people who got past you to attack Vayne. J4 does it all.... With style!

Is it bad that one of the main reasons I like my new headset is that the manly ass ult shouts are much more crisp and clear than my other one? All they need to do now is to make his ult do AOE damage to everyone in the area not just the one person you click it on. It makes perfect sense! Also hilarious instant pentakills!

Just as a preface to any budding J4 players, you know you can collapse the circle at any point right? Because collapsing the circle early is sometimes the best option if you misjudged your ult. I know you're Jarvan and you think you're helping, but you're really not mmk hun?

[sub][sub]J4 pls. I'm dying, let me out. J4 pls.[/sub][/sub]
True for mobility tanks, less so for those that chase a nidalee halfway across the map QQ.

I would also love a headset like that. hear Singed's laugh so perfectly. Or Dravens voice.

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2011/11/86f155ba0e377766fb1cf374c7436618.png?1320538250

Ah, I loved that Jarvan.

Best thing against your jarvan is my singed though >:D Gas chamber ult HO!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
For me it's when people say "I could care less" when they mean to say "I couldn't care less".

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Revnak said:
Jaywalking. I just get so pissed every time I see somebody do it. Especially when they always wind up doing it within a couple seconds of a marked cross walk. It's not that I'm mad at them for obstructing traffic or getting in my way, I just don't think people should endanger their lives so pointlessly.
I agree wholeheartedly. Almost daily there are reports on the news of people hurt or killed jaywalking. It doesn't matter if you have the right of way if you are dead.

Recently for me the thing that has been bugging me almost daily is people who pass on the right when there are open lanes to my left. I speed but at a reasonable level no more than 10 over on the freeway and I don't speed on surface streets. But here in LA I might as well be driving 10 under the speed limit. I don't get in the fast lanes unless I am keeping up with traffic, yet daily people pass on the right and almost cause accidents.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Dirge Eterna said:
Revnak said:
I agree wholeheartedly. Almost daily there are reports on the news of people hurt or killed jaywalking. It doesn't matter if you have the right of way if you are dead.

Recently for me the thing that has been bugging me almost daily is people who pass on the right when there are open lanes to my left. I speed but at a reasonable level no more than 10 over on the freeway and I don't speed on surface streets. But here in LA I might as well be driving 10 under the speed limit. I don't get in the fast lanes unless I am keeping up with traffic, yet daily people pass on the right and almost cause accidents.
Man, I hate that too. Up here it's terrible since we usually only have two lanes on the freeway. I've seen people pass freaking logging trucks on the right. Scares the life out of me. Closest I've ever came to hitting somebody on the freeway was when somebody passed me on the right going at least 80 in a 65 when I was about to switch lanes. We were on a freaking bridge too, to make matters worse.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
When people answer the thread question wrong . Take this thread for example , people are posting their pet peeves rather than "mistakes" which is the question .

Saying "lol" out loud is NOT a mistake . Saying " i could care less " is .

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
bak00777 said:
Mine is when my mom uses Anti-Social when she means introverted. Anti-Social is more like a serious criminal than a person who prefers to spend quiet nights by themselves.
you don't need to be a criminal to be anti-social . While there is a different between Asocial and Anti-social , being a criminal is not one of them.