"That's not how the game is supposed to be played!"

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
The_Deleted said:
sm0kybac0n said:
The_Deleted said:
I play Killzone2. On hard. With the TV off.

Quite a challenge, let me tell you.
Seriously? ...
No.
Oh. sorry.

We really need to devise a system to show tone of voice on the internet. I could have taken your comment as a joke, or as truth... Goddamn typing! Learn to express stuff better words!

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I'm still trying to get my girlfriend to realize that guitar hero is a roleplaying game and whichever of us isn't playing is supposed to be the others groupie.

Zero-Vash

Apr 1, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
I had great fun using a knife class in CoD4. It wasn't at all effective, but it is pretty hilarious getting 15 knife kills in a game.

Bomb Squad
UAV Jammer
Extreme Conditioning
Shotgun (for faster run speed)
I love doing the same, but I do jug instead of UAV.

I like playing the whole game using only a pistol.

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
RTS games are supposed to be all about the strategy i.e. outflanking your enemy's tank column to take out their resources, taking out their AA with land units through a hole in their defences then bombing them to hell.
All I ever seem to do is set myself up with a massive base on one side, a whole bunch of spammy hostile AI on the other. Basically, I play to slaughter units on a massive scale.

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Mackinator said:
Oh yes, we love doing these things. Even the game developers do. For example was it a mini-achievement in CoD : WaW to do a level using only a knife.
That was fun as well as easy!

On topic: On CoD4, me and a friend always used to play free for all matches on 'Shipment', then one of us would shout "RPG FIGHT!"

So much collateral damage. :D

Kroker

May 29, 2008
Just the other day I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV's mission 'First Date'. After somehow managing to fail the mission three times I decided to experiment and see how many different ways I could find to fail that mission. Might one day make a video of it and call it '50 First Dates'. I think I got to 47 before getting bored and going to bed. It must have been pretty odd for people on my friends list to see the message that I had had 47 attempts. Either they thought I was messing about or I must really suck.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
I play very inappropriate music during boss fights.

For example playing the shop theme from Zelda while fighting Pyramid Head.

I also make insane commentary when I'm bored.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Lukeydoodly said:
Occasionally I will limit myself to certain weapons just to see if I can adapt.

And from using just the double barrelled shotgun on CoD5 I have concluded that I can.
Works best with melee weapons in tf2.

Axe of justice!

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
My character in Fallout 3 was good, but whenever I got a new weapon I'd test it out on the residents of Megaton, most amusing ones were the ripper and the dart gun. Also I betray all my friends after beating cpu's in lan starcraft match. Also in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 my clan would only use sniper rifles and we'd win a lot of the time.
Finally, in left 4 dead my friends and I speed run or hold out in the beginning saferoom or we play kill Louis... or down Zoey. Anyways, it's always more fun doing these things with friends rather than by yourself because than you just seem like an ass at least when you have friends you can be an ass with friends

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Lukeydoodly said:
Occasionally I will limit myself to certain weapons just to see if I can adapt.

And from using just the double barrelled shotgun on CoD5 I have concluded that I can.
Works best with melee weapons in tf2.

Axe of justice!
Fists of Fury!

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Sacman said:
Whenever I play coop in any game I just run around killing my teammate.
...That's not playing a game differently, that's being a douche.
it's only being a douche if your the only one that does it.

I had a halo coop campaign for fun with 3 friends (well they with me) and all of the sudden we start having a massive fight on the start of some level. it only ended when the last man (Currently) standing moved to close to the brutes and got his ass kicked. it was alot of fun though and we did it again on reload

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
i like to hide behind my boyfriend and have him tell me where i'm going or what i'm doing in survival horror games when i get too chicken shit to play them.....
mostly, i talk back to my games. and yell at them.
everyone else gets highly entertained watching me play the silent hill series. i'm on two and keep barely playing cause i don't want to run into pyramid head......but i think i'm too early in the game for that....maybe not

FatRobot64

Jun 16, 2009
The Stupidest game i've ever made up was "Graphic Inspectors" On call of Duty 4. Me and my friend Tim (who is an indie 3d graphic designer) would walk round in the game, zooming in on rocks and leaves and then rating each object based on it's pixelation, interactivity and physics. It was the most pointless afternoon ever

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
Being a brutal git in Spiderman 2, things such as throwing goons off of a high building, slamming them repeatedly against a wall, throwing them into water and using them as bullet shields. Fun.
Piledrive a mugger off the empire state building. Takes a while to get up holding him, but it's worth it.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
Sacman said:
Whenever I play coop in any game I just run around killing my teammate.
...That's not playing a game differently, that's being a douche.
yeah but tell me with a straight face that killing your own team mate while there getting gang raped by 3 people at the same time and arguing it was a mercy kill isnt fun.besides thats the stargety I used to beat the first Halo...