Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
seminoob said:
1.Brutal legend
2.The orange box
3.Bioshock
4.Red Dead Redemption
5.Fallout 3
You're kidding, right? Did you read a single part of this thread? Like, any of it at all?

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Well, this is quite interesting. I've got three things to say:
1: Fallout 3 best game, is certainly an interesting result, as I see many people bashing the thing.
2: Good sir, you have far too much time on your hands.
3: Damn, I wanted to vote. ah well.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Uncompetative sure has some cybergonad's.

If you vote on a ballad, and you vote for something thats not an option, they would NOT count that either. You know why?
Because people who don't care enough or simply don't have the mental capacity to place a simple vote, then you clearly don't want these people having a say in the final result.
Furthermore, people aren't going to hire linguists and philophisers to try and figure out what the heck these lazy incompetants meant!
Noone is under any obligation to anyone to count votes that Dont follow the proper formats. If you count votes that aren't valid, then you might as well count my vote for bacon.

The best games is.
(1) bacon
(2) bacon
(3) bacon
(4) oh you get it!
you are just manipulating data.why is the vote for orange box more important than the other 4? THEY ARE NOT.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
-Lots of selfless toil, effort, common sense, and awesome mohawk-
Awesome thread/poll you've done here, mate! Ignore that ungrateful guy that can't understand the concept of being nice or separate games being sold in the same package.

All in all, I think this should, at the very least, get you halfway to being Thanked.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Furburt said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I just wanted to say that I totally support you in this argument you're having with Uncompetative. He's clearly wrong from my perspective, and disrespecting all the hard work and effort that you've put into this.

This is the proper list, not his.
Thanks, it's nice to know my work is appreciated. Plus I now have a list of 100 games I should get round to playing or playing again.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Wow the top 10 is literally awful, it's just a valve,bethesda,bioware fanboy list.

The rest of the games are on the whole well chosen and justiifed, but i mean what a disppointing top 10...

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
Ubermetalhed said:
Wow the top 10 is literally awful, it's just a valve,bethesda,bioware fanboy list.

The rest of the games are on the whole well chosen and justiifed, but i mean what a disppointing top 10...
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that the majority of people are wrong. Try to understand why others may like the game on this FANTASTIC list.

What exactly would your top 10 be?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
The top 10 was an absolute shocker! Who would have thought they would have been in there?

I am happy atleast one MGS made it though.

Bloodeye

Aug 25, 2009
Sigh. I've no interest in playing 7 of the top 10 games. Am I so out of touch? Seeing psychonauts so high was encouraging though.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I just wanted to say thank you Cpt_Oblivious, this was a really cool thread and I am very thankful for all the work you put in.

PS: 4 out of my top 5 were in the top ten woohoo!, people on here have at least somewhat similar tastes in games as I do.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
What's weird is that the only games I even liked in the top 10 list where Ocarina of Time and Oblivion.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
*sigh*...seriously...Fallout 3 on #1? A douchebag new gen kid thing I guess...

EDIT: what kind of criteria were used anyway? None, right? People just had to mention titles they liked (for whatever reason...good or bad)...well...there's the problem.

How is the Escapist community constituted? High percentage male teens prolly. How did they form their personal criteria? Are these criteria any good?

Before you start spouting your teen rage..."ohh nooeess high horse!"... do understand one thing little grasshoppah...there's a reason you are not yet allowed to do many things like voting...it has to do with life experience and the formation of your mental faculties.

I'm not saying you are not allowed to give your opinion/ judgment on a videogame...I'm questioning the value of that judgment.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
nhgifnd said:
Just came to say that this is the worst thread I've witnessed in a while. If I ran this website I would've shut down the forums, if not the entire site from this stupidity.
If you don't wanna be here, I suggest you just leave.

DeathsHands

Mar 22, 2010
It's just a thing to see what games the Escapist community likes the most, damn. Calm down. It's not official or anything.

Gotta take it so damn seriously....