The 2010 Community's Top 100 - Now Closed

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
1.Ocarina of Time
2.Super Mario Galaxy (although 2 is better, but since it's not released over here yet I'll stick with the original)
3.Majora's Mask
4.Resident Evil 4
5.Timesplitters 2

EDIT: I'm literally pulling my hair out over my choice of Timesplitters or Goldeneye for that last spot. I had to flip a coin to make that choice.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
1. Final Fantasy 9
2. Call Of Duty 4
3. Fallout 3
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Pokemon Gold

Good luck with the counting dude

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
1. Saints Row 2
2. MediEvil
3. Starcraft
4. Kingdom Hearts I & II
5. Final Fantasy IX

With FF XII hot on IX's tail :3

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Just because I feel like it, I'm also going to explain my affection for said game.

[PROTOTYPE]
Never before has a game given so much freedom of movement. You feel properly in control of Alex mercer. Eventually your powers evolve to the point of near invincibilty and power, it just feels great. The gameplay gets even madder, and claws+mutants=gallons of gory fun.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Funny thing actually, I don't own the game, I just rented it out a couple of times, and I just love it. All the modes, the character and weapon customization, the multiplayer, the balance of constant action and tactics, and clever constant-progress XP system that rewards you for doing anything in any mode, make this a highly-replayable and enjoyable title.

Blur
Okay, so It's not exactly fair to put on a game which I've only played a beta, but I just love it so much. So fun. It essentially does for racing games what Modern warfare did for First-Person shooters. Tight controls, and a fair variety of cars and customization, and the sense of speed the thrill of using and dodging power-ups are what makes it so significant.

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
Okay, so this and RSV2 might not be too different, but this game is just so fascinating. Whilst it might be lacking multi-player wise, it certainly has a long and meaty campaign. helped by a very powerful story about a soldier's sorrows on the battlefield, with a very emotional soundtrack. The finest WW2 game ever made, and nothing can beat it. NOTHING!

This one, I haven't played, but in my opinion this is the definition of a cult classic, and games as art.

KILLER7
Yes. I'm not kidding around. This is truly an artifact in gaming, a milestone for gaming history. A complex, yet deep story. Badass, yet strong characters. Fantastically directed cutscenes, with clever and witty dialogue, brilliant voice acting, but yet still containing a lot of meaning. A funky and emotional soundtrack by composer Masafumi Takada.

This game has been criticized. Disliked. Even hated. Why? Because people didn't get it. I look forward to playing it, and to attempt to understand the stroy myself. Even though I haven't played it, I know two things: 1)This game NEEDS recognition for just how awesome it is and 2)This is the Donnie Darko of games. Underrated, yet a cult classic. Complex, yet clever enough to be understandable.

LONG LIVE KILLER7!!!

So there you go, my top 5 favorite games, i hope you enjoyed reading this. Have a good day.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Mass Effect 1
3. Fallout 3
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Brutal Legend

I don't think series should count, you should pick, they are different games, you shouldn't be able to just say Mass Effect Series, Fallout Series. Some are completely different games and it doesn't exactly give a good representation of the whole best game ever.

BiffyClyroEqualsSex

Nov 9, 2009
1. Baldur's Gate (both if I'm allowed, if not the first one)
2. KOTOR
3. Portal
4. Starcraft
5. Dragon Age: Origins

(I admit I'm a massive Bioware fanboy, it's all about the story!!)

Apr 29, 2010
Rock Band 2
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Grand Theft Auto 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Pokemon Yellow

I have a feeling I'm going to regret not including certain games in this list.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
These games won't necessarily be technically brilliant games, but they're my favourite, that I had the most fun on.

- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Pokémon Yellow
- Braid
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Blub Game

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Here's my top-5, in no particular order:

- Jagged Alliance 2 - As far as I'm concerned, this is the pinnacle of turn-based squad tactics.
- Mass Effect 2 - Worse than 1 in some ways, better in others. Either way, a brilliant game.
- Republic Commando - The best squad-based shooter ever. Where's my sequel!?
- Morrowind - The most immersive RPG I've ever played. Oblivion was such a disappointment in comparison.
- Knights of the Old Republic 2 (almost a tie between 1 and 2 - 1 had shitty characters, 2 had a shitty ending) - Absolutely brilliant RPG, despite obviously being rushed through development.

Just because I feel like it: the honorary mentions (I realize these won't count, but whatever).

- Silent Storm could've made the top-5 if it didn't have such shitty voice acting.
- Jade Empire could've made the top-5 if its combat was a bit less repetitive.
- Fire Emblem (pick one) could've made the top-5 if its combat was a bit less luck-based.
- Any of the Capcom vs games (CvS2 is my fav, so probably that one) could've made the top-5 if they had a bit better balanced roster.
- Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and/or Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines could've made the top-5 if they didn't suffer from the Troika curse.

alxhrmn

May 28, 2010
1. Pokemon Yellow
2. Dead Rising
3. Team Fortress 2
4. TESIV: Oblivion
5. Timesplitters 2

TheBlueBox

Mar 11, 2010
1. Fallout 3.
2. rainbow six vegas 2.
3. conker (live and reloaded).
4. mace griffin bounty hunter.
5. balders gate 1.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
1. Fallout 3
2. Half Life 2
3. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Oblivion

Apr 24, 2008
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Rome: Total War
Half Life 2
Oblivion

I wanted to include the original Far Cry for the pc, I think it's hugely underrated...but damn it my love of Max Payne will always prevail.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Snuggle said:
Baldur's Gate series (first one, if we are not allowed to mention series)
BiffyClyroEqualsSex said:
1. Baldur's Gate (both if I'm allowed, if not the first one)
Wow. I think you're the first people I've ever met who prefers the first BG over the second...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 1
Mount and Blade
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.