The 3rd Annual The Escapist Film Festival Winner Announced

Hannibal King

Dec 13, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA u guys have no idea, just be prepared something dark n wicked this way comes!!!!!!!!!!

BrettRegister

Oct 13, 2008
Fallenangel157 said:
BrettRegister said:
Thanks so much to everyone for all the support through out!! We're very excited and plan to bring you an amazing series! Can't wait to get started - more DQuest coming sooooon!
Congrats. You guys deserved it. I was with you guys the entire way.

But, I am quoting you for a question.

Is Dorian the guy in the red shirt? If he is, is the other guy coming with him. because in the description, it confused me because it only mentioned Dorian.

hopefully you can get to this. Congrats again, I can't wait to see what's up for us in the future. :)
Actually the guy in the glasses is Dorian. As for the guy in the red shit's return... only time will tell!

Shockware

Dec 11, 2009
Angrypudding said:
varun619 said:
WaderiAAA said:
I hope the team behind Pocket monsters will turn it into a series. Dorian's Quest is second place on my list, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, why is buffering not even an honourable mention. I gave it one of my votes and i think it was quite funny.
Thank you. I made it :)
No you didn't make it. Tejeti made it. Quit lying.
You dolt, he was talking about the entry called "Buffering" not Pocket Monsters.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-film-festival-2009/1098-Buffering-Episode-1-Hugs

Shockware

Dec 11, 2009
Financially speaking, in the long run, it made sense as to why they would pick DQ. I mean, they have the equipment and the experience. Less effort on Escapist's part just to pick the already polished DQ that is piggybacking their success of their other series onto this one.

That and if they put as much effort into the future episodes as they did into this one, no reason it can't pop out once every 1-2 weeks.

Something like Pocket Monsters seems like alot of effort and must have taken months to create. That and it looked expensive in general plus they still need a boom mic to fix their sound problems. Not like a contract could fix that for them......oh....WAIT A SECDOND!!

In all seriousness grats to DQ and I am looking forward to seeing more blessed damsels in distress, hopefully doing some jogging and jumping jacks.

chessgeek4400

Dec 12, 2009
Fallenangel157 said:
chessgeek4400 said:
i enjoyed dorian's quest but i was looking more for pocket monsters to win. i felt dorian's quest was too similar to doomsday arcade and this site could use some variety. However i will still watch it.
lol, and PM wasn't!?

but in all seriousness PMwas more like a cross between TWBB and Dooms Day Arcade. It had the compelling story of TWBB and the awesome effects of Dooms day Arcade.

I would love to see PM go on, but I loved Dorians for this important reason,

WE BOTH HATE RPGs and of course, everything else that was good said about Dquest.
im talking in terms of plot: video game characters come out of the game causing the protagonist to go on an epic quest. pm was dark humor like twbb but i thought it felt a bit more original.

varun619

Jun 23, 2009
Shockware said:
Angrypudding said:
varun619 said:
WaderiAAA said:
I hope the team behind Pocket monsters will turn it into a series. Dorian's Quest is second place on my list, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, why is buffering not even an honourable mention. I gave it one of my votes and i think it was quite funny.
You dolt, he was talking about the entry called "Buffering" not Pocket Monsters.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-film-festival-2009/1098-Buffering-Episode-1-Hugs
Thank you. Btw, did you like my video? :)

Danji

Nov 15, 2009
varun619 said:
Shockware said:
Angrypudding said:
varun619 said:
WaderiAAA said:

Thank you. Btw, did you like my video? :)
Did you win?

Seriously, though, I kid. I just need something to say after reading this thread that doesn't make me look like I'm flaming these forums. I can't think of a single genre that the winner is something I liked other than Special Effects. I did like the animated entry but..it wasn't really animated.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Danji said:
I can't think of a single genre that the winner is something I liked other than Special Effects. I did like the animated entry but..it wasn't really animated.
That's the point I brought up not too long ago. But I guess whether it was animated or not, the staff still found it worthy of victory, so...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm probably going to regret this.

First, I want to say that I thought all the other entries for "animated short" were well done. Seriously. I was both surprised and gratified to win.

Secondly, yes, I recognize there isn't a great deal of animation in "Pitch Imperfect" if you don't count transitions. There's a little bit of lip-sync in the last few seconds, and that's it. In as much as it qualifies as animation, it's in the sense that there's a ongoing narrative rather than just a commentary, with constructed images rather than live action.

That said... 90% or more of the content in the highest-rated animated entries is static images with moving eyes and mouths. Or to put it another way, "Pitch Imperfect" is a closer relative to them than they are to even a 70's Saturday morning Hanna-Barbera effort.

This isn't surprising. Everyone was working on a relatively short deadline. I don't mind admitting I was up until three in the morning doing the last of the editing and sound synchronizing.

And obviously, I, like all the entrants, have a vested stake in the matter. I can't help but feel a little like I'm witnessing an attempt to disqualify my entry, post-award.

Aug 30, 2009
SharPhoe said:
Fallenangel157 said:
"EGAD! A DREADED TROLL!"

Just had you quote that from Inter-nettiqit
who cares if it lost, it'll get it's chance next year.
now stop trolling and get back to the beauty of escapist.
...I didn't even win, and someone still actually quoted my video...
...As small a gesture as it is, it's still kinda flattering.

I do have to wonder about just one thing, honestly. I don't mean to sound like I'm put off by what happened or that I doubt the standards and judgment of the Escapist staff, but... Why was Pitch Imperfect considered Best Animated? I'm not saying the idea was unfunny or anything - I didn't have a problem with the written material - but the "animation" aspect of it was simply a bunch of 3D stills for five minutes, with what looks like MS Paint thrown in at the very end. There was very little animation to actually be found over the course of the video...
Np, hey i heard that you could be starting a series on youtube, whats you account cause i would wanna watch that :)

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Aw, I didn't get to watch most of them. Not that I would have had the patience to vote for my favourite(s) every day anyway.

The videos have been loading strangely for me lately, it kind of hurt my vibe.

lookingforloper

Dec 11, 2009
Feels good to be back in the forum and allowed to voice my opinions again :)

Congrats to DQ, I am sure you'll do an amazing job and am even looking forward to watching your series.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Pocket Monsters in the future...at least that's how the rumors seems to be going these days ;)

It would make no sense for Escapist to not continue on the series that still sits up in their top views and won Viewers Choice. There might be a select few who don't want to see this happen, but unfortunately like I said all along, the voice of the many outweigh the voice of the few and in a democracy that we still somewhat live in, the voice of the many will prevail.

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
lookingforloper said:

Congrats to DQ, I am sure you'll do an amazing job and am even looking forward to watching your series.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Pocket Monsters in the future...at least that's how the rumors seems to be going these days ;)

It would make no sense for Escapist to not continue on the series that still sits up in their top views and won Viewers Choice. There might be a select few who don't want to see this happen, but unfortunately like I said all along, the voice of the many outweigh the voice of the few and in a democracy that we still somewhat live in, the voice of the many will prevail.
What rumors are you talking about? Where exactly are you finding them, seeing as I dont even know of a currently ongoing discussion about Pocket Monsters?

Also why do you keep acting like Pocket Monsters getting on The Escapist, is like some victory for the deprived and ridiculed? Seriously it was a competition, they lost, even if they did get on The Escapist eventually, they would seriously have to prove themselves with a total re haul of their web series.

Also what is with all of this sappy political non-sense that sounds like its picked straight out of a Mel Gibson Movie?

How about instead of "The Voice of the many will prevail.", we go with...

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

On the other hand, Im really excited to seeing more DQ, and im really hoping you guys have a great cast lined up. I would love to see some other main characters, like have them form a little entourage.

lookingforloper

Dec 11, 2009
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:

What rumors are you talking about? Where exactly are you finding them, seeing as I dont even know of a currently ongoing discussion about Pocket Monsters?

Also why do you keep acting like Pocket Monsters getting on The Escapist, is like some victory for the deprived and ridiculed? Seriously it was a competition, they lost, even if they did get on The Escapist eventually, they would seriously have to prove themselves with a total re haul of their web series.

Also what is with all of this sappy political non-sense that sounds like its picked straight out of a Mel Gibson Movie?

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

On the other hand, Im really excited to seeing more DQ, and im really hoping you guys have a great cast lined up. I would love to see some other main characters, like have them form a little entourage.
Oh, I'm sorry, because YOU don't know about an ongoing discussion must mean that one isn't going on, right? Seriously, give me a break. Just stay tuned my friend.

I said that because, it's the truth. Pocket Monsters won viewers choice and will continue their series, plain and simple, still waiting for you to catch up, do I need to type slower?

Why do you have to blast people's support of Pocket Monsters? You went on and on about getting blasted for having your own opinion about their video, and then people get on here and support it, and you call them idiots for it? Do you not recognize your own hypocrisy? I'm sorry that you didn't like it. I'm sorry for you that the majority of people did, but in the end your opinion doesn't matter.

I'm excited about seeing DQ and even more excited to see Pocket Monsters, the VIEWERS CHOICE WINNER, continue their series!

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
lookingforloper said:
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:

Oh, I'm sorry, because YOU don't know about an ongoing discussion must mean that one isn't going on, right? Seriously, give me a break. Just stay tuned my friend.

I said that because, it's the truth.
You seem to be tip-toeing, actually no that would involve some form of grace, you seem to fumbling around the question I asked.

That question was, "Where is the ongoing debate, and where are the "rumors", that you seem to be talking about?"

If you could go ahead and answer those questions, that would be great. Now lets look at how this will go,

A. If you can provide a link to an ongoing discussion on Pocket Monsters, and point me to several other people BESIDES yourself providing rumors; it doesnt even have to be someone with any credibility, i wouldnt expect that, just anyone but you, then I would back off completely and not bother with your messages anymore.

Or...

B. If you cant, then please stop filling the boards with what can easily be considered spam, (Which is what got you a 7 day ban before) and start having real discussions.

You know whats sad is that, I wouldnt even care about what you said if you wernt being entirely ridiculous about it.

If you would have came on and said "Man I really hope they make Pocket Monsters into a series because it won VC." I would have let it go.

But instead you just made up a bunch of lies about people still talking about the game, and rumors going around. Thats like if we were in high school, and you were best friends with Pocket Monsters and you went over to a group of girls and said, "Hey my friend over there, rumors are hes hung like a horse."

The girls wouldn't believe you! You would just make an ass out of yourself and be laughed at, probably have a banana thrown at you by the kids sitting at a nearby table playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

Back to DQ though. I was wondering if you guys had decided what level of "Fantasy" to keep for the show. It seems like very fantasy light right now, but I think if you started adding in more magic, and more fantasy like elements, it could give the show a more "Buffy" or "X-Files" esque feel.

itsDisco

Dec 13, 2009
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:

A. If you can provide a link to an ongoing discussion on Pocket Monsters, and point me to several other people BESIDES yourself providing rumors; it doesnt even have to be someone with any credibility, i wouldnt expect that, just anyone but you, then I would back off completely and not bother with your messages anymore.
hey guess what, i herd PM is gonna keep doing their series. it would make sense for the escapist to use such a popular series, amirite? you know.

lookingforloper

Dec 11, 2009
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:

You seem to be tip-toeing, actually no that would involve some form of grace, you seem to fumbling around the question I asked.

That question was, "Where is the ongoing debate, and where are the "rumors", that you seem to be talking about?"

If you could go ahead and answer those questions, that would be great. Now lets look at how this will go,

Or...

B. If you cant, then please stop filling the boards with what can easily be considered spam, (Which is what got you a 7 day ban before) and start having real discussions.

You know whats sad is that, I wouldnt even care about what you said if you wernt being entirely ridiculous about it.

If you would have came on and said "Man I really hope they make Pocket Monsters into a series because it won VC." I would have let it go.

But instead you just made up a bunch of lies about people still talking about the game, and rumors going around. Thats like if we were in high school, and you were best friends with Pocket Monsters and you went over to a group of girls and said, "Hey my friend over there, rumors are hes hung like a horse."

The girls wouldn't believe you! You would just make an ass out of yourself and be laughed at, probably have a banana thrown at you by the kids sitting at a nearby table playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

Back to DQ though. I was wondering if you guys had decided what level of "Fantasy" to keep for the show. It seems like very fantasy light right now, but I think if you started adding in more magic, and more fantasy like elements, it could give the show a more "Buffy" or "X-Files" esque feel.
I love this game, it gives me something (or someone) I know I can laugh at once a day.

I don't have to tell you anything, and that's the beauty of it. You say you want proof, no. You say to stop filling the boards with lies, which would take me actually lying in the first place, so no.

I find it so humorous that you are getting worked up over this, coming up with this broad scenario of events for what I MUST be doing, because poor little jiveturkey doesn't know. Ha. I LOVE it.

I will end with this, and probably not return to this thread for a while...

I will be expecting a FULL apology when we find out that I was right and you were shamefully wrong.

That is all.

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
lookingforloper said:
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:
Jiveturkey124 said:
lookingforloper said:

Or...

I love this game, it gives me something (or someone) I know I can laugh at once a day.

I don't have to tell you anything, and that's the beauty of it. You say you want proof, no. You say to stop filling the boards with lies, which would take me actually lying in the first place, so no.

I find it so humorous that you are getting worked up over this, coming up with this broad scenario of events for what I MUST be doing, because poor little jiveturkey doesn't know. Ha. I LOVE it.

I will end with this, and probably not return to this thread for a while...

I will be expecting a FULL apology when we find out that I was right and you were shamefully wrong.

That is all.
All you have done now is give up the fight, you arent proving anything by acting like its not a big deal, its just showing you have nothing left to argue with me about.

Saying you dont care, or that you are loving the argument because it makes you laugh just shows ignorance, it doenst make you any better at arguing. Also you dont have to show me any proof, but if you want to be taken with some credibility you would.

If we were in politics, and you went ahead and told all of your potentials that global warming was real, and then gave them no proof, no statistics, not studies, no research who would vote for you? No one!

Thats the difference between you and me, im perfectly fine with saying things I "Want" to happen. Like I Want, Dorians Quests to have a weekly show, and I want them to add more fantasy elements.

Because this is a discussion forum, its ok to discuss things, anything you want, thats what they are for.

But if I went ahead and told everyone "Dorians quest is going to be on the Escapist Weekly, and they are adding a more Fantasy Edge to it!", I would be a dick, because there is no factual basis for my statement, its just me saying whatever the hell i think of.

So then now, if I allow you to babble on without defending against you, then im just allowing people to forget wisdom and integrity, and watch the internet continue to degrade. Im sorry but I have a bit too much honor to let you do that.

Have fun on your vacation,