The Apartments. A real life RP OPEN (used with permition)

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie heard a loud crashing sound coming from somewhere nearby, but dismissed it. Then someone yelled out, probably in pain, and she got up to investigate; if someone had hurt themselves, they might need help. She stepped out into the hallway and looked around. No-one in sight, but the door to room twelve was partially open. Hmmm... do I go and see what's happened, or leave it till morning? she asked herself.

No sense in leaving it, she decided, and she quietly walked towards the room twelve door, and knocked, even though it was open a crack. "Hello?" she called out, unsure if there was anyone in there.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Ah shoot, hey!" Ryan called out as he stumbled around for the light switch. He eventually found it flipping it on. "Hey, um sorry if I woke ya there, I was just getting a couple of boxes moved in. I'm Ryan, I just got this apartment here."

God damn figures someone would hear, and a girl at that too. Way to go, mate. Nice start.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"Oh, you didn't wake me up. I don't usually go to sleep for a while yet," Natalie answered. "Another new guy, huh? My name's Natalie Miller. I've been living here for about a year, since the apartments were built. It's been a long while since some of the other rooms have had residents; there's two other guys just moved in."

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Yeah, I couldn't believe the price I got on this place, I mean, I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with the extra room I got and........wait, long time since the other rooms had residents? Aw nah, please don't tell me someone got murdered in here. Damn it, I knew this was too good to be true! Ah hell, whatever, if the murderer comes back for me, I can fight them off..."

Dude, what the hell? That's just weird. You're being weird now.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie raised her eyebrows, and said, "That's just creepy, but there's nothing to worry about. The girl who used to live in this apartment was the last to leave, about eight months ago."

No time to post anything longer right now, dinner.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Ah, well that's a relief," Ryan gave a mock whew to go along with this statement.

God man, you're lucky she hasn't slowly backed away to call authorities now. Best move on to another topic now.

"Ummm, yeah, I'd invite you in but uh, I don't exactly have anything in the way of furniture here yet. That's tomorrow's job, my buddy from work's bringing his truck so we'll be able to get that in. Maybe after I can show you what this place will look like once it's more then my sleeping bag and a couple of boxes."

That's OK, I'm probably gonna go to sleep at some point soon here. What it being 4:20AM and all.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"Not a problem. I'll invite all the newcomers round to my place in a couple of days for a welcoming party," Natalie said with a warm smile. "I just hope there are a couple more girls moving in, otherwise I'll have every man in the building begging me for a date." She giggled at the thought, and added, "Just so you know, I'm not really interested in playing the dating game right now. My boyfriend three years ago... let's just say he wasn't what I was looking for." Her expression turned a little serious.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Well I wouldn't be surprised about that first fact, Natalie. I mean, I'm from the East, I knows a catch when I sees one."

Beauty line, but she's not about that, reel it back man.

"But yeah, no I understand, I had a long-term relationship back home that uh, let's just say, didn't quite work out on either end. I just meant when I get all my equipment and stuff set up in here it's going to be really nice. I've been working at a games store for the past few months, so I got my hands on a lot of nice stuff, you know, if you're into that sort of thing."

Oh come on, look at her! She's not going to be into that! OK, just calm down, it's not going to matter, you'll be building mates anyway, it's not going to be a deal breaker if she's not into gaming.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie blushed a little at the comment, but quickly treated it as nothing more than a compliment. She smiled again and said, "You're a gamer? A couple of occupants here played video games a lot. They taught me a few things, but I don't really get time to play at the moment because I'm rehearsing whenever I'm not at work. I'm an actress," she quickly explained.

"I joined a theatre group when I moved here, and we're due for the first performance of Mamma Mia! in about six months. It'll be the third time I'll have been on stage, so I'm a little nervous about it."

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Yeah, video games have always let me just escape things, and when you play them as long as I have you get to know a thing or two about them. But no, you're an actress? That's impressive. I don't know if I could do anything like that. Drunken karaoke maybe, but not like acting up on a stage. I'm a more behind the scenes kind of guy. Hopefully you can score me a couple of tickets for that. I've never seen an actual stage production or anything, so it'd be cool to be able to turn to the blue bloods and say 'Yeah, I know that person up there. That's Natalie.'"

OK, OK, this ain't going so bad. Who knows, she's an actress, she knows her way around stories, she might even be able to help out on a couple things in that book you're writing, structure and stuff. This could be a very good development.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"I'll see what I can do closer to the time. I think tickets go on sale next month, so I might be able to grab a seat for everyone. Depends on how many more people move in," Natalie said. "I'll be playing one of the major parts; have you seen the movie adaptation?"

Natalie leaned against the doorway and checked her watch a few seconds after she spoke; it was getting a little late, but she felt wide awake, what with the new guys moving in. She liked the little jolt of excitement her social life had received.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Um, no, not yet. I've heard some ABBA songs though," Ryan admitted. "And I know Meryl Streep was in the movie. But other then that I've got nothing."

We were going to see that when she got back from her term. Never happened though. Never bothered trying since.

"I guess I'll have some studying to do before the play then. Make sure I'm able to detect all the nuances and stuff in the performance."

Nuances. One of those university words. Don't try trotting that stuff out to impress. You flunked that, remember?

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth... the list goes on. I'll lend you the DVD once you've got all your stuff set up," Natalie said, then yawned without meaning to. She shook her head and said, "I should probably get some rest; I've got a lot of rehearsal and singing practice tomorrow down at the theatre."

She paused to yawn once more, then added, "It's performances like these that give me an excuse to sing out loud in my apartment, even though it's all ABBA. Still, the practice will be worth it in six months. Depending on ticket sales, there might even be three performances if we're lucky."

A few extra dollars in my wallet... Oh, who am I kidding? It's gonna be a whole lot more than a few, she thought, smiling at the idea. The money earned from her previous experiences on stage had definitely been worth the time and effort.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Sounds like a plan," Ryan stated. "I should have all that stuff set up for tomorrow. As for now, yeah, I think I'm going to try and do what I failed to do when you probably heard me shouting there and get some sleep. But it was nice being able to meet ya Natalie, and I look forward to being able to hear you singing. I'd give it a shot, but I'm afraid ABBA's not exactly compatible with Oasis or the Chili Peppers. So yeah, I'll surely see ya around."

OK hotshot, there you go, got some talking done with an actual female. That's pretty good. Better then you've done since Jamie. That's for sure. Who knows what'll happen next?

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"All right. See you later, Ryan," Natalie said. She gave him a quick wave before returning to her own apartment. Yawning yet again, she locked the door behind herself, changed out of her dress into simple sleepwear and gracefully got into bed. She shivered at first before her bed warmed up from her body heat, and she fell asleep within a few minutes.

Natalie dreamed of the theatre stage, the opening scene set. She stood alone on stage, facing an audience of untold proportions. Lights flared into life, turning her shadowed figure into a silhouette as she sang her first piece of the night, I Have A Dream.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I literally just realized the GM has room 13. Gonna have go back through the nights posts and make a couple edits to 12. Makes sense for 12 and 14 to be on the same side of the hall anyway.

Ryan shut the door behind him and moved back towards the living room. He shut off the light after taking careful note of where the sleeping bag was. After laying down he slid into the bag and rested his head down on his pillow.

All right, well a little bit of a rough day, what with the work and the not being able to move everything and the pain in my knee, but there's a new face in my life, and probably more coming. And I got the day off tomorrow, so I can finally get everything out of storage and set up here. Things just might be looking up after all.

On that thought, he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Fair enough. I'll edit as well.

I didn't notice Alpha had posted in character. =/

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I know, it was buried under the applicants. I didn't catch it on the first go through. I got the edits made though, so there we go, set for tomorrow. I'll have to get anything for tomorrow up before I start celebrating being done exams though...

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
Earlier that night: *Thud* James woke up and looked to where the noise came from.
"Must be the new guy" he muddered, as he flipped the channel.

Thursday April 22nd: Overcast, with slight chance of rain

James got up, and cooked breakfast, sat down and ate it, checked his stuff on the laptop, and did his indoor exersices; before stepping out into the hall.

sam_savage1393

Oct 1, 2009
Alpha Centauri said:
sunset_savage1393 said:
James turns, and smiles.

"Ah no problem eh!" He puts down his Tim Horton's Coffee, and walks quickly back to his truck and grabs a map; he rumages through his glove compartment for a high lighter.

"Alright, you just take this road here, then it contects here, and you just trun off here, and you should be on W. Phillips Street" James said,

"By the way, name is James, you just move in?
"Thanks James, you're a lifesaver! Too bad there aren't more of people like you in this world" Sam said with a heartily grin. "I'm Sam McMarkle [shakes Tom's hand], moved into Toronto just last week, but I haven't been around the apartment during the day because I've been helping organize my stuff in the storage unit."

Sam walks over towards his room to grab his portfolio containing the shopping center blueprint.

"Oh, hey James!" Sam calls out just before he entered his room. "I have some connections with some high-class furnishing and appliance salesmen. As a thank you gift for your help, I'll get ya anything you want. Couch, big screen TV, entertainment center, you name it and I'll get it. First one is free on me, and any others I'll get you a special discount. Thanks again!"