The apocalypse is coming in October! Three times!!

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
So well browsing the interwebs and conspiracy sites. I saw that this is going to be a big month. The doom and gloom prophets not satisfied with one prediction each month have now set 3 for October. Unfortunately were going to die 3 times over before Halloween :0 also two following November! Dammit theres no way were going to make to Christmas this year, sorry Santa.

So prepared to buy three I survived T-shirts for the following dates!

October 11( The poles are supposed to shift!)
(this one seems to have only catch on to forums so far)
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/11th-october-2011-t6837.html

Harold Camping the guy who predicted may 21st is back and says judgment day is for sure to happen in -
October 21st

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/harold-camping-says-may-21-2011-was-invisible-judgment-day-world-will-end-october-21-2011/2011/05/23/AFZmc99G_blog.html

Apparently 2012 is not soon enough, so the Doom prophets have switched it up saying the Mayan calendar really ends the 28th 2011

http://realneo.us/content/galactic-allignment-2012-october-28-2011-more-precise-some-say

Laugh it off or stock up on supplies escapist.

For dissuasion value, why do you think the human race is fantasied with the apocalypses? I think its a desire to be the last ones to have inhabited earth, something I guess people find unsettling thinking about life going on without them.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
How intensely depressing. Still, at least they're not all based in science, because that would suck arse.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
I believe all of them SO. HARD. Like, especially Camping because the last half-dozen times he's been wrong have done nothing to dissuade my faith in his predictive powers. You'd think predicting the end of the world would be a fool's game since best case scenario everyone's dead and no one cares that you were right.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Dammit! The first one is before my birthday! Now I'll NEVER get Ico collection! Curse you, mother!

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I'm rather looking forward to the one on the 21st coming and going with yet again, not a damned thing happening. Personally I think Camping's is a result of him being an old bastard close to dying who wishes that when he goes everyone else goes with him. It's kinda pathetic in a pitiable sort of way, hell I feel even worse for the people who actually believe him. His last prediction ruined a few lives I think.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I tried so hard to come up with a reason to believe in this nonsense, but i failed.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
My only concern is, why? Why do people want the world to end, and if it is, why put yourself in the position of knowing exactly when we will all perish? What good is knowing if there's not way of stopping it? You will always be who you are till the day you push daisies, so you doing a complete 180 within the next month isn't going to change anyone's fate.

Just live your life and when the time comes, you will be the first to know.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I find this comic relevant;

OT: As for why humans are fascinated with the apocalypse, I would say it's just a desire to know things. Most people are afraid of death because it sneaks up on them without them realizing. If we set a date to our deaths, we become much more calmed and accepting to them.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fredrikorex said:
Your avatar shows what I will do to people who believe the world is going to end :D
Ah yes, attractive women who believe religious apocalypse rants are wonderful. A Godsend, if you will. :D

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I believe the world is going to end sometime around the year 2070.

If i'm wrong, feel free to find my ashes and complain i'll already be dead..... unless I manage to live past 90 year old but the way I smoke and the stress of my kids i'll be lucky to make it past 70.

So yeah, 60 years and the world is doomed and if i'm wrong you are all free to throw rotten vegetables at me.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Not to start a religious debate but what i wonder is if the apocalipse these guys speak of is religious or not . Because if it's not religious ( like the wrath of god ) then what will cause it ? The sun exploding or the earths core imploding? Now if it is religous , it's funny because no one is suppose to know the time of the apocalypse , could God be wrong is saying that now one knows when HE will decide to bring the apocalypse upon us ? I doubt it .

So, i think it's a lot of bull anyways . But i know i'm going to hell so the longer it takes the better .

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
retyopy said:
Dammit! The first one is before my birthday! Now I'll NEVER get Ico collection! Curse you, mother!
You could always pretend its the day after....No, wait.

OT: This won't happen. If it does I owe everyone a fiver. If it doesn't everyone owes me a fiver. Win, win.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
krazykidd said:
Not to start a religious debate but what i wonder is if the apocalipse these guys speak of is religious or not . Because if it's not religious ( like the wrath of god ) then what will cause it ? The sun exploding or the earths core imploding? Now if it is religous , it's funny because no one is suppose to know the time of the apocalypse , could God be wrong is saying that now one knows when HE will decide to bring the apocalypse upon us ? I doubt it .

So, i think it's a lot of bull anyways . But i know i'm going to hell so the longer it takes the better .
Only the 21st is the religious one. The others are presdo-science predictions.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I haven't bothered to actually look at the articles, but I'm fairly certain the last 2 can be safely disregarded as we all know that Harold Camping guy is an idiot and that thing about the Mayan calendar ending this month instead of in 2012 sounds like something somebody pulled out of their ass.