The apocalypse is coming in October! Three times!!

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
All the theories are wrong, we die out on 2029 when some massive meteor called pompus is supposed to hit us.

Or when I get super cool shape shifting powers, super speed and invunrability

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Well, the poles shifting is complete bullshit, that takes thousands of years, and the apocalypse, well, it comes and it goes. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
V8 Ninja said:
I find this comic relevant;

OT: As for why humans are fascinated with the apocalypse, I would say it's just a desire to know things. Most people are afraid of death because it sneaks up on them without them realizing. If we set a date to our deaths, we become much more calmed and accepting to them.
OK, let me tell you that is fucking brilliant. I've made several jokes on it myself, but this one was totally awesome!

If the world ends in early October I wont have to clean my room for my birthday. I'd say it's worth rooting for.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Deshara said:
Jakub324 said:
How intensely depressing. Still, at least they're not all based in science, because that would suck arse.
Science is based on reproducability and consistant results, so it's kinda of impossible to scientifically base an apocolypse...
Very good point, one that made me feel like a bit of a wally.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
You know, it's weird how these people who don't use the scientific method or properly review evidence and just blindly rely on faith never are right about this stuff.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
Here's a little comic I made about this subject back when that May 21st thing was going on... (clicky to go to my site for a better explanation)

[http://coffin-comics.jesterbrand.com/2011/06/17/doooooomed/]

The long and short of it... the world WILL end! In about 5 billion years when the sun goes red giant... but yeah, somewhere around there the Earth will be no more. Hope we've worked out a way to jump ship by then.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Henkie36 said:
Well, the poles shifting is complete bullshit, that takes thousands of years, and the apocalypse, well, it comes and it goes. I'll believe it when I see it.

Me 2 man, me 2.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
We've survived one already the second one is already happening in parts of the world! Just to be fail though, I'll wait until midnight Friday before I call that one a fail too though.