The artist in thee

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Some new stuff

A character I made for White Wolf's Changeling: The Lost game.

The Incredible Hulk

Some concept stuff for my prject

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I'll just post my link to my deviantart and my two drawings i have up. I need to get a scanner to do the others.....these are both tats that i'm planning on doing and the tink one was drawn my senior year of high school 5 years ago. i also have a music tat that i want for my "tramp stamp" even though my whole back will be done, that's just where it will be

i need someone to redraw my dragon on her leg :\

100% hand drawn i need to upload a better photo
right shoulder

this is a memorial i've updated it recently but need to find it again to re upload.

and this is going to be bigger. middle of my back at the top/base of my neck

I also have poetry and stories on my deviantart

http://www.aprilmarie4203.deviantart.com

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Labyrinth said:
By the way, this thread will never die! I say 'tis so! It's one of.. well the longest surviving threads that I know of.
I know I won't stop posting in this thread, and so long as you don't we'll have at least 2 people consistently posting in here. Hooray for us!

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
Calibretto said:
THE ZERG HYDRALISK :D
something i whipped up recently im still pondering whether to make it colour

That's awesome Calibretto! I envy your skill.

I finished this today. I'm having a hard time uploading anything on my Photobucket account right now, so here's a [a href="http://viittaperkele.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo-128843082"]devArt link[/a].

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Calibretto said:
sure thing dude
http://jakubfromoz.deviantart.com/
its actually the first time in a veryyyy long time years and years that i decided to do something thats not my own but ive been struggling and having a mighty artist block so ive decided to go back to doing some things that im a fan of to get the juices flowing again
( just did 3 years of fine arts and having hard time getting back to concept art, differant way of thinking) so its more of an excercise for me. I have still a long way to go.. but i want to one day get a concept artist job ^_^
I'm also studying fine arts (on my 5th year. I've got 3 more to go before I finish my current degree and then I'll see if I'm going for a masters) to become a concept artist. I liked your stuff, it was cool. The Oz one in particular. Like with your steampunk piece I noticed your biggest problem to be working with perspective in the backgrounds. That's an easy problem to remedy though, so you're pretty set.

In terms of other advice I could give (not that you asked for it I just like to give it cause I'm a tool like that) would be exploring new colour palettes. See what a lighter colour palette would do for you. You use a lot of warm tones, how about adding a few more cool tones.

P.S. The lighting on the one with the kid and the wizard thing is awesome.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Fightgarr said:
These are some very nice shots. Love the contrast in the second one. You've got an eye for color palettes too (or were they edited via photoshop or some deal). The bird one is probably my favorite shot. I love birds. I know I haven't ever posted any of my ink and mylar drawings (as I've said before I don't put my non-digital artwork on the internet) but they're almost all of birds.

The thing is, other than composition and color palettes I have very few ways of determining if a photograph is a "good picture" or not. Some people can be utterly pretentious with it. For me its an "if it looks nice I like it" sort of deal. Yours look very nice so I like them. Its a shallow way to look at it I guess, but without a photography background I can't properly critique it.
Birdy birdy birdy!

There are indeed a lot of pretentious people in photography (same as all artforms really). I try not to follow the rules that have been laid out by others too rigidly. The rule of thirds is one rule that regularly works, but if you do something different you can often get some cool results.

I shoot in raw and have to process all my shots into jpeg using Lightroom 2.4. General saturation, sharpening and contrast is applied to all shots, but to be honest, I could just use the in-camera settings...........but I like to fiddle!!

I also like to photograph pretty much anything that's interesting!

There's beauty in just about anything if you can freeze the moment right.

Oh, a couple more birds for you :eek:)

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Private Custard said:
Oh, a couple more birds for you :eek:)

Oh man. Terns are my favorite birds. Great shots.
Not a big fan of the Motocross one but that's just mostly the connotations of motocross for me. I suppose it I looked at it from an objective standpoint its a very beautiful picture.

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
Well, since it seems that Iron Ninja's Zoofights is dead, I thought I'd post my monster drawings here.

The Grin is basically a large cat-like creature concealed in smoke from the heat sinks in its back, which in turn are connected to artificial organs keeping it alive. It was supposed to be sponsored by my character's newspaper.

A mechanical snake forged in a flying castle in the heart of the Amazon Jungle by a mad Aztec scientist-king.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Zemalac said:
Well, since it seems that Iron Ninja's Zoofights is dead, I thought I'd post my monster drawings here.
Wow, yours are actually practical. I pretty much made mine based on whatever the most ridiculous idea I could come up with was.

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
Fightgarr said:
Zemalac said:
Wow, yours are actually practical. I pretty much made mine based on whatever the most ridiculous idea I could come up with was.
Practical? I guess so...I just heard "steampunk monsters" and created these before I'd read the absurdity that was the original Zoofights. I tried to keep the creatures believable, if for no better reason than I like things I make to appear plausible. If I design a flying castle, I'll also make sure to figure out how it flies instead of saying "it just does:" when I design a monster I like to make it look like it might actually exist.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Zemalac said:
Practical? I guess so...I just heard "steampunk monsters" and created these before I'd read the absurdity that was the original Zoofights. I tried to keep the creatures believable, if for no better reason than I like things I make to appear plausible. If I design a flying castle, I'll also make sure to figure out how it flies instead of saying "it just does:" when I design a monster I like to make it look like it might actually exist.
Beats my creations, the Great White Echidnadile (HOLY SHIT) and Mecha-Funnelweb (It was a mecha funnelweb, piloted by an actual funnelweb).

I can't draw for shit anyway, so they would only ever have been names.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Here's a vector drawing I did of my Troll Terrence reading a book. I need to go over it in photoshop to add lighting and stuff though, and his left elbow (left from his perspective not ours) is a bit weird.

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
Zemalac said:
Beats my creations, the Great White Echidnadile (HOLY SHIT) and Mecha-Funnelweb (It was a mecha funnelweb, piloted by an actual funnelweb).

I can't draw for shit anyway, so they would only ever have been names.
Well, the point of the RP was that FeNinja would be drawing all the battles, so presumably he would have put faces to your names at some point.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I'm pretty good, I guess... http://EcoEclipse.deviantart.com/art/Blind-Anger-111607772

Feel free to check out the rest of my gallery, but I never have access to a scanner so I haven't uploaded anything good besides that.