The Ashlanders - Chapter 6: The Blind Man's Last Gambit (Closed, Started)

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
While irritating the slow-witted and morally antiquated among the general populace was a favourite pass time of his during his few moments of down-time, The Gentleman greatly preferred peace and quiet just before a job, particularly a job as important as this. He was always thinking, of course, and yet some things required a larger division of his attention than others, rarely more-so than today. While in such a state, savouring his pipe and his intellect in solitude, any interruptions would normally vex him greatly (though he would never show it). For Meredith, however, he'd let the transgression pass. Ever since he had first found her on the streets of Boomhower, there was something about the woman that The Gentleman found captivating. Her manner was hardly unique, and neither was her background. Nor was she some rare beauty, for what little that may have mattered. Perhaps, he mused, it was his desire to pin down, once and for all, precisely what it was about her that he found so interesting that kept him coming back.

"Sometimes I feel like the world's most deranged nanny."

"I suppose that would make me the distant and mysterious uncle, to the worlds most deranged family." he quipped, smiling at her. "Though, I try not to think too much in those terms, or else I'll reminisce myself into an early grave."

He paused for a moment, mulling things over some more, before continuing.

"There are two specific things that are standing out to me as anomalous in our current situation." He said, with the tone of a man reading out the options on a menu, unsure of what he should choose. "The Maribel's are a noble family in name and little else. The lady Elizabeth is sweet and demure enough, I suppose, but the Dio I know is, you'll pardon me, a man after my own heart. Practical, to the point of calculating. He would be the sole provider of such a match, receiving nothing of any significant value. Why then, would he consent to it?

Secondly, Dio's own household is more than powerful enough to come after you directly if he so chose, and yet, his response to your recent transgression has been somewhat... muted." He mused over how much he should tell Pixie of what he had learned. Until he could ascertain how many pieces were in play, and how they would move, it was probably best that he kept the information close, lest rash action close of his options. "Why is he not using his full capabilities? To safe face? That would be senseless. You are an outlaw, after all, and you attacked him. He wouldn't be losing face by going after you with everything he has, far from it. The other families would trip over themselves to give him their public support, even those who despise him; and it's not as if he can still keep what has happened a secret from said families by not acting openly... so why then?"

There was a pause, where neither spoke. Most likely, Pixie was trying to decide whether his questions were rhetorical. He could have that effect sometimes, he knew.

"One more thing," he said "before I close this conversation, and we can focus on the task at hand. I have eyes and ears everywhere, as you well know. Wherever Lilith and Axel choose to go after today, I will be watching. No direct intervention of course. Such would only draw unwanted attention to the both of them. However, there are always strings that can be pulled, behind the scenes, to ensure their safety."

The Gentleman stood up and checked his pocket-watch.

"Now," he announced, his manner far more animated. "We should be docking in around five minutes. I've arranged for one of my contacts to meet us there, someone who I think you'll be very pleased to meet."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Almost there, bitches!"

Silo nodded, "Good." After realizing no one had heard him he reached forward and turned the music off, frustration painted all over his face. He turned around in his seat to get eyes on everyone in the crawler. "Listen, we're going to be arriving soon. We'll be taking the access tunnel inside, so we don't need to go through any kind of customs check. Ruffles knows the way." He glanced at him quickly before continuing. "Once inside we're going to park our crawler at Old Man Randy's place. He's an old friend of Cranston."

He glanced at the men under his command and stopped on Aesop, "That get through to you, retard?"

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Axel, I'm more concerned about you. Are you ready for tomorrow? You've been through a lot these last few days, and I'm worried your focus will be elsewhere."

Sprout looked off into the distance as she spoke.

"Tell me if you're not up to this, and we'll bail, we'll go to the city, and we'll just let him go. I won't call you a wuss or nothin'."

Sprout shook his head and looked to Lilith with a comforting smile, "Don't worry, Lily. I can handle it. Believe in me." The two stared at each other for a moment as Lilith tried to gauge his true feeling. Much to her surprise he came across as completely honest. He was scared, sure, but in that fear he'd found courage.

"Ya' wanna hear my plan?"

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Pixie remained relaxed and continued drinking as the Gentleman relayed his concerns. She had suspected much of what he'd said to be true. His unique perceptive made some of her concerns more concrete, and thus, more terrifying.

"... Wherever Lilith and Axel choose to go after today, I will be watching. No direct intervention of course. Such would only draw unwanted attention to the both of them. However, there are always strings that can be pulled, behind the scenes, to ensure their safety."

Pixie smirked, "I'd expect no less from you, Gents."

"We should be docking in around five minutes. I've arranged for one of my contacts to meet us there, someone who I think you'll be very pleased to meet."

Pixie cocked an eyebrow, "S'that so? I reckon I should get myself made up then? You seem ta' have a good finger on my type, after all." She said, in a flirtatious manner. Leaving the alcohol on the table, she got up to follow after the Gentleman as he turned to leave. "When we have the chance we oughtta share intel, Gents. I think yer on the right track... askn' the right questions, but yer lack'n some import'nt bits 'a info."

Realizing she'd left her boozes she retreated back to the table they had left, "Think about it, will ya'? I reckon I'll put on somethin' sexier before we come in ta' port."

Dec 14, 2009
"Don't worry, Lily. I can handle it. Believe in me."

Lilith was relieved, sure, she'd drop the exchange if Axel wasn't up to it, but they really needed the carbon.

"Believe in me." She found nothing but honesty in his eyes. I always will.

"Ya' wanna hear my plan?"

Lilith raised a hand, taking the cap off Sprout's head and placing it on her own, back to front. "You cun bet yo' fine ass I do!" She replied, in an overly exaggerated version of Axel's accent. "How do you talk like this?" She laughed.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
"You seem ta' have a good finger on my type, after all."

'At a first glance, perhaps not.' The Gentleman thought to himself 'However, you'll find her full of surprises.'

"Think about it, will ya'? I reckon I'll put on somethin' sexier before we come in ta' port."

"I await your pleasure with baited breath." he replied, with a smile and a bow.

'Let's get this job done first. There's enough carbon in this to buy an army, and I feel we're going to need one.'

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"You cun bet yo' fine ass I do! How do you talk like this?"

Sprout giggled, "S'pose it's the way Ma' taught me s'all. An' come'on, Lily! Y'all know yer ass is finer 'n mine!" The two shared a hardy laugh. After wiping a laughter-fueled tear from his eye, Sprout was ready to pitch his idea. "So, here's my plan. I figure since we got hunters out there lookn' fer us there's a chance they'll jump us durin' the exchange. Bein' the patriarch of the family I don' think Bart's folks'll be dumb enough the cross us, so if shit's hittn' the fan it ain't gonna be because'a them."

Sprout hadn't realized it himself, but he was sounding a lot like his mother... and not just in dialect, "The private contract'r Bart's folk's hired is gonna be the same way, so the only thin' we really need ta' worry about are bounty hunters. They're gonna be after us, not fatass. So what if... what if we take ourselves outta the equation entirely? Ma' taught me a few tricks 'bout disguise n' shit. She says I'mma natural!"

After looking around for a moment he spotted an old blanket in the back of the crawler and threw it over his head, "What if I disguise myself as'a street urchin who the Maiden's paid ta' deliver Bart? If there're bounty hunters lurk'n in the darkness they won' know what's what if they see an orphan boy trade'n the noble. I reckon you can hang back an' give cover fire just'n case. Whadda ya' think?"

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

"I await your pleasure with baited breath."

Pixie laughed out loud after taking another swig of her bourbon, "Oh please, Gents! You couldn' handle my 'pleasure' fer more'n a hot minute!" The two of them left their separate ways after that to make their individual preparations. Pixie didn't know who she was meeting or what exactly was up, but what the hell, she felt like dressing up. Sometimes a girl just wants to look pretty.

Then again "pretty" may not be the right word to describe her.

She didn't require nearly as much time as most women. Pixie was already wearing her favorite, tight-fitting jeans, but opted to throw her long-sleeve shirt off in favor of a low cut, grey tank top. It went miles in accentuating her... curves. Content with her outfit, she put on a little bit of eye-shadow and was good-to-go.

Stepping out of her room she shouted down the empty corridor, "GEEEEEENTS! I'M REEEEEEAAAADYYYYY!"

Dec 14, 2009
"S'pose it's the way Ma' taught me s'all. An' come'on, Lily! Y'all know yer ass is finer 'n mine!"

She raised her hand to her chin in mock thought "Well, that is true." After they both shared a long laugh she sighed I think we'll be fine. We have each other, and that's all we really need.

"So, here's my plan..."

Lilith crossed her arms across her chest as Sprout began to explain his idea. It was surprisingly well thought out, and she was getting major Pixie vibes from the boy as he spoke. It's happening already. She let a small smirk curl onto her face.

Whadda ya' think?"

It was a good plan, but she wasn't so fond of the risk the boy was taking, while she would be in no particular danger herself. She didn't like that arrangement one bit. However, she was well past being able to pass as a gutter urchin any more.

She furrowed her brow. "Are you sure you want to take this risk? You'll be out there alone, and while I'm a great shot..." She wasn't usually one for promoting her own skill, but this wasn't a time to mince words. "There's only so much I can do from that kind of distance." Another thought quickly jumped to her mind.

"Bart will know who you are, he'll know there's two of us, and if he says anything, you're fucked."

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Sleep was the only respite for the two noble women. Josephine was spent from having witnessed the captain's fury firsthand and consoling Elizabeth afterwards. Judging from the racket she could hear outside, the whole crew was on edge as well. But for now she was away from Elizabeth, and now the two could rest and collect themselves.

"GEEEEEENTS! I'M REEEEEEAAAADYYYYY!"

Of course. Just as soon as she drifted off into slumber, she had to be pulled away. Granted, she had no way to knowing if she slept for several hours or minutes, either way she was still feeling drained. That loud voice sounded familiar, as was the name it was calling.

"Marry, prithee, let this be my mind playing tricks..."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"There's only so much I can do from that kind of distance."

Sprout put a finger to his chin and began considering her point.

"Bart will know who you are, he'll know there's two of us, and if he says anything, you're fucked."

Sprout nodded, "I thought 'bout that. I reckon we can do one 'a two things here: we can gag 'im or we can drug 'im. Either way he won' be able to communicate with anyone until after the exchange. As for the risk I'm taken'... well, I reckon there'll always be a risk no matter what we do. The hunters don' wan' us dead, so if they're gonna make a move it'll be ta' capture one of us alive. If there's anythin' I am particularly good at it's runnin'!"

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Marry, prithee, let this be my mind playing tricks..."

Elizabeth had been eating dinner when Josephine woke. She placed her plate on her bed and turned to look at Josephine from across the room, "I believe we are coming into dock soon. I am unsure of what exactly is going on, but the Captain sounds excited for whatever reason."

Dec 14, 2009
Lilith furrowed her brow and considered the two options.

"Drugging him could work, but we have to make sure we do it properly, we don't want to accidentally kill the bastard." she bit her bottom lip. "Gagging would only work as long as he's in our hands, as soon as the exchange is made, you can bet that would be the first thing to come off, so we'd have to clear out fast, and I mean fast."

She dropped to one knee and began drawing a circle in the ash with a finger. "What does our intel say about the drop off point?"

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011

"So I can see." The Gentleman said, striding down the hallway with his usual smile attached. He offered his arm to her as he said "Shall we?"

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
"Listen, we're going to be arriving soon. We'll be taking the access tunnel inside, so we don't need to go through any kind of customs check. Ruffles knows the way."

"Damn right, I do."

"That get through to you, retard?"

Ruffles scowled, and made the next turn more sharply than he needed to. Silo, who was twisted around in his seat to look at the others got thrown about painfully. As they neared the dome, Ruffles turned down a shallow but extensive dip, into a recess that led into a shadowed cavern. At the back, the tunnel hatch could be seen. Opening it was a two person job, completed by Silo and Cameron. When the Crawler was through into the dark depths of the tunnel, the hatch was closed again and they carried on. It was dark in the tunnel, and Ruffles had to hit the headlights. "Onwards, gentlemen and lady, to Casa De Randy."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"What does our intel say about the drop off point?"

Sprout kneeled down beside her and, using his finger, assisted in her diagram, "The garden's pretty big. Despite what them dome workers might say it ain't actually too hard ta' get in. There are four entrances, North, South, East n' West. All 'a them'll likely be monitored by someone 'r another. There're quite a few abandoned guard posts scattered about, relics from when they used 'ta grow fruit here an' needed ta' keep thieves out. I reckon we may have some hostiles campn' out in them, so keep yer eyes peeled."

At this point he'd drawn the relative shape of the garden, placing X's where the four main entrances were and circles for the guard towers. He scratched his scruff for a second as he contemplated the plan, "Chromey mentioned there was some kinda ol' sewer system that ran under the south n' eastern sides a' the dome. If we wanna get in without an'a'one seein' us we may wanna access the garden via the sewers. There's at least one sprinkler drain I know of that we can use ta' access the garden from there."

Using his finger, he traced their theoretical movement, "So how's this sound? We drug the noble an' haul his fatass through the sewers, climb through the sprinkler drain, you find'a nice place ta' watch my back from the dense brush near the drain an' I take Bart ta' the meeting location in the center'a the garden. Whether it all works out 'r not, we leave through the sewers. Same way we came. How's that sound?"

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Silo held his ribs in pain as the crawler suddenly shifted, jostling him around in his seat. He wasn't sure if Ruffles had done it on purpose, but it was clear he wasn't happy about the way he'd been treating Aesop. Fine then, he'll back off for now.

After helping Cameron open and close the hatch they made their way down the dark access tunnel. They would be arriving soon. Silo turned back to face his squad, "Be alert people. Assume we're stepping into a hot zone. The banditos know we're coming and will be waiting for us."

Barrot nodded with a smirk, "Fuckers'll wish they'd never left the safety of their mama's pussy!"

"Yeah, well, let's hope that's the case."

Silo was never very good at boosting morale.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Shall we?"

"Of course, Sir." Pixie said sarcastically, taking his arm as they started for the hangar. She noticed Florian pop his head out into the hall to see what the commotion was about and called out to him. "Y'all can use some shore-leave, can'cha, Padre? Come 'ere!" She reached out with her other hand and dragged him out into the hall as they passed by his room. He no longer had a say in the matter.

Ricky had already been in the hangar when they arrived, probably tinkering with some explosive device, and let down the boarding ramp for them. The three of them put on their breathing masks and stepped out into ashlands, the ship hovering on the outskirts of a dinky bus stop of sorts. Proto Dome, the dome it belonged to, could be seen in the distance, but the Maiden rarely ever docked at the actual dome cities themselves, too risky. The building the Gentleman's friend was waiting in was oxygen-friendly, thankfully. They would want to get in and out as soon as they could. It looked like an ashstorm was going to be coming through any minute.

The trio made their way through the vacuum-sealed threshold, and into the building. Inside, a lone man sat behind a ticket counter, bored out of his mind. Only a handful of people sat in the lobby, likely waiting for a public transport to take them to the city. Among those waiting was a beautiful blonde who stuck out like a sore thumb among these downtrodden commoners.

Their arms still locked, Pixie gave the Gentleman a sharp nudge in his side, "That 'er?"

Dec 14, 2009
Lilith paid close attention as Sprout laid out their plan. She didn't doubt that at least one of the old watchtowers would be used, by the exchange team or by a third party. This is good, very good

"How's that sound?"

Lilith tussled the boy's hair playfully. "I'm impressed, you know more about this than I do, maybe you should start giving me orders." She saw the sparkle in his eye and cut off that line of conversation before it even started, "Not those kind of orders." she said sharply, a small smirk on her face.

"The sewer is our choke point, if things go to shit, and we're left with no choice but to start shooting, then we can funnel 'em in through here." She pointed at the exit they would use to get into the gardens. "Hopefully they'll hear bullets bouncin' around down there and think twice about coming after us." She thought to how they would go about drugging Bart. "We'll drug his breakfast, I think we've got some stuff in our supplies we can use, by the time he notices, he'll be too off his tits to care."

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
Dear Abbot

Things continue quickly with the maidens. Maybe you have heard about their latest job. As usual I will not give any details but please accept the carbon sent with this letter. Perhaps Brother Herman will be able to get that incubator and start a vegetable garden after all. I hope everyone is well and please give my best wishes to the initiates.

Florian leaned on his desk for a moment, his head resting in his hand as he fidgeted with the pen. It seemed a little cold compared to his usual letters. Normally he'd write about some of his more humorous experiences among the maidens but those were in short supply these days.

There have been times that I have wished you were here this past week. There have been moments that I have wondered if the other brothers were right. I know they had their doubts and I don't blame them. Honestly I share them. I have read the scriptures over and over and still do not find every answers. For every message of peace it preaches one of war. There are stories of men who have done terrible things and they are called heroes. It feels like everyday I am faced with temptation to return to my old ways.

I do not regret taking this path. The ways of a servant has brought me more peace than I have ever known, but it is not complete. I hold to the life of a priest and turn away from my temptation but each time I am left with questions. I wonder what would have happened if I had acted differently. Would I really have regretted it?

I remember when you said to me

"[Oh good lord, what's she doing now?]" Florian poked his head out into the hallway only to be yanked out and pulled into Pixie's man chain. One apparently not being enough to satisfy the dear captain.

***​
Their destination was possibly one of the most depressing places that Florian had ever seen and that was saying something. The poor soul stuck behind the desk had the same glazed over look of a prisoner who has long since given up on seeing the sun. It was a peaceful and honest life at least. Although after taking a glance at the glares of some of the people left waiting Florian had to limit it to just honest.

It was while scanning the occupants of the building (after taking off his mask of course) that he pegged the young woman who just screamed I AM YOUR CONTACT. She looked like the kind of woman that men fought over and painted pictures of with one hand and wrote poems for in the other. Most of the initiates back at the abbey would have abandoned their vows upon seeing her and the older brothers might have dropped dead.

Meh.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
"That 'er?"

"Indeed it is." The Gentleman replied, satisfied. Amy looked as wonderful as ever. Some forms of beauty were haughty and distant, drawing the light away from their surroundings and making everything seem smaller and dirtier by comparison. Amy's radiance was more generous, complimenting her company rather than detracting from it. She even managed to make this squalid little pit-stop seem half a palace just by her standing there.

'Of course, that is her true value. She inspires more than just lust. She makes us feel happy, safe even.' The Gentleman wondered if, should it come to it, she could even make Dio Basilio let his guard down.

The Pace of Amy's stride quickened as the last yards between them closed, the waves of her hair almost seeming to float behind her. He bowed to kiss her outstretched hand, before motioning her towards the others.

"Meredith, Padre, it is my honour to introduce you to Miss Amy Turner, known in more civilised circles as the Golden Rose. She is one of my most treasured associates, and has a vital role to play in our work here."

===========================================================================================================================

"Meredith, Padre, it is my honour to introduce you to Miss Amy Turner, known in more civilised circles as the Golden Rose. She is one of my most treasured associates, and has a vital role to play in our work here."

"The honour is all mine." Amy replied, beaming. Had it not already been obvious, she could have figured Meredith as the Captain from fifty yards away, and so addressed her first. The mask she wore had developed a comfortable fit over the years, that was for certain, and yet Amy saw the vulnerability written all over her face. Amy placed her hands gently on the captain's shoulders before kissing her once on each cheek. Florian was a different matter. He was a contradiction, kindness and hardness all jumbled together. Perhaps this one had started off wearing a mask too, only he had allowed his to fit too well, and it was uncertain where the mask ended and the man began, least of all to the man himself. She curtsied for him demurely, though her soft, girlish eyes never left his veteran's ones.

"It is a pleasure to meet you too, Father. I have always admired men of the cloth. It must take such patience and conviction to preach peace and good will in lands such as these."

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Aesop, on total autopilot listened to everything he was told by Pixie, Silo, whoever was telling him what to do. Pixie's words and his friends needing to leave had hit him hard. Old memories were mixing with new ones and he couldn't discern which he would rather live in. He chose now, at least in the present he had the opportunity to not abandon those who needed him and who loved him... 'Okay... just those who need me, getting a little generous about yourself there man.'

"That get through to you, retard?"

Aesop's head snapped up to the insult, but he didn't say anything. Silo could see that Aesop didn't like what he said and wasn't about to fight him. He had been quiet all day, being the only one in the car not complaining about the music, just resigning himself to just stare out the window thinking about all the fucked up things. When Silo insulted him he just sulked his head back down to looking at his knees. Ruffle's sharp turn however did give him a laugh, quietly though, he didn't want to exasperate things with Silo.
========================================================
"God please no leave me alone please please I didn't knoWWWWWWAHAAAAHHH FUCK FUK FUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK"

These were the sounds coming from the trailer of a truck in the dense thickness of the jungle that is Feroxi city, in one of the many dark and dank allies. Two young women were inside doing unspeakable things to a bounty hunter inside who was unfortunate enough to be born a year after their dear old father. Power tools in their hands as they worked him over for an hour.

"He's not saying anything. We should go lower." One of them said to the other, talking about the horrific acts as if it were a Saturday job.

"Wait no no, ahh fuck it!" he yelled, finally giving up. "Okay okay, they have a rat, someone who's been screwing them over. But that's all I know I swear."

"Where is the rat?" They asked.

Panic struck across his face as he thought frantically, terror striking him as he realised he truly had no idea. "FUCK FUCK I DON'T KNOW, I seriously don't know please please just let me go."

The women both laughed at him. "You know, for a bounty hunter you are very very weak."

"No no wait no NOO AHH NO AHH AHHHH!!!" He screamed and screamed until finally he finally couldn't anymore. They left the trailer and paced to the rest of their crew. "We have something but not much, they have a rat but we don't know where. Someone tell father."
=======================================================
Hannibal was running out of food. There was just a few bars of chocolate left in McGregor's stash, the only actual decently nutritional snacks being devoured a few days earlier. The drug dealers and gangs outside were getting more violent, and it was clear at this point that Hannibal had literally less then zero ideas on how a bomb worked. There were sparks and bits leaking and holes in metal and a constant droning noise. Seriously he didn't even remember what he was making any more or even if what he was seeing or hearing was making sense. The fumes were getting to him and being in such an enclosed space for so many days was ruining his sense of awareness, if he wasn't so psychologically scarred he would be seeing pink elephants dancing across the room rather than just the black smoke that filled it.

If he didn't get out of that room soon he was going to die, however the thugs outside would instantly kill him and take the bomb parts. He knew that, how the hell would he be able to get out of there?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Not those kind of orders."

"Aw man!" Sprout said sarcastically.

"We'll drug his breakfast, I think we've got some stuff in our supplies we can use, by the time he notices, he'll be too off his tits to care."

Sprout nodded as she gave her contribution to the plan, "I reckon that'll work." Satisfied with their strategy, he stood up and helped Lilith to her feet as well. "Temperature's droppn' fast. You ready ta' turn in, Lily?" He asked, gesturing towards the tent.

She was a looker, that was for sure. Pixie hadn't been with another woman in a long time--she preferred men these days--but Amy would have definitely been her type. Elegant, subtle and mysterious. Florian must have felt the same way. As a man of the cloth he'd have been celibate for a long time, or at least Pixie figured he had. She couldn't imagine such a lifestyle. Sex was almost as important as food for her. Whereas food kept her energized during a fight, it was sex that kept her senses sharp and her mind clear.

I need ta' get laid...

The thought of Florian torturing himself over sexual frustration put a dastardly grin on her face.

"The honour is all mine."

"Oh," Pixie blurted out as the girl came at her with an unexpected kiss on the cheek. "S'that proper manners'r you jus' happy ta' see me?" Pixie questioned with a cocked eyebrow. There was something very... mysterious about this girl. While the mystique itself was enough to pique Pixie's interest she couldn't help but sense something eerily familiar about the girl.

I can' tell where the lies begin 'n end with this one. Similar ta' Gents, sure, but there's somethin' more... disturbin' underneath.

"It is a pleasure to meet you too, Father. I have always admired men of the cloth. It must take such patience and conviction to preach peace and good will in lands such as these."

Again, I can' tell if she's been straight 'r not. Is she Gents' granddaughter 'r somethin'? Christ...

Of course, Pixie did not let her suspicions show on her face. Instead she let out a hardy laugh and slapped Florian on the back, "Preachn' peace's somethin' he's purddy good at, but I reckon ya' start kissn' 'im like you did me an' he'll have ta' burn 'is bible!"

Dec 14, 2009
Lilith grabbed her side slightly as she began to rise. still a little tender. She thanked Axel, since he seemed to notice and helped her to her feet.

Temperature's droppn' fast. You ready ta' turn in, Lily?"

She scraped over the map in the ash with her boot and turned to look out of the cave. She really did love this place at night time. Lilith's eyes soaked in the violet glow, a chill running down her spine. "We should do something nice when this is all over. Something just for us." She was thinking aloud more than anything. Turning back to Sprout, she slipped the cap off her head and gently plopped it back onto its rightful owner. "Let's see what old fat arse has to say." They both chuckled as they headed into the tent.

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012

Oh I bet the boys love you. Florian thought as he looked their contact up and down. She didn't miss a beat. The opening act to an utterly flawless performance no doubt. Looking at this 'Golden Rose' and 'The Gentleman' Florian could only wonder.

What are these people, where did they come from? He couldn't imagine a man like The Gentleman being born, going through childhood, no he must have emerged from a meteorite that had hit a drug factory or something. It was the only logical explanation. The girl must have come about when he shed his skin and it wished upon a star... something like that.

He simply nodded to her greeting and smirked a little at the captain's remarks like a good sport.

Florian patted the bible he kept in his jacket. "Don't listen to her." he reassured it.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
The sun had sunk into the horizon, and in turn, the sky had faded into a deep, dark blue as it always did. Stuff like sunsets were apparently romantic. Well, Maria didn't care for that. The poor fellow she had been looking after had not a speck of carbon on him, so she had to take something else: his story. She listened to every word of his swear-filled speech while tending to him. Micky would hiss in pain once in a while, which interrupted the flow, but she had to disinfect his wounds somehow. Infection had taken too many from her, let alone what it had done to others. Still, it was an interesting story and one that justified the removal of sharp objects from the room, not to mention her constant surveillance.

"...Yeah, so that's it. I'm a feckin' lowlife. Guess yer pulled up a rotten turnip?" He sighed, finished.

"Don't be silly. That 'Micky' is dead and buried - totalmente." She replied, still wearing a smile.

Part of her wanted just to sigh and sink back onto the makeshift bed on the floor. It wasn't major physical exertion that had worn her out, but it all added up: driving all the way to Feroxi, digging out a 'rotten turnip', dragging him into a cheap hotel and all of the others she had done for him. Would her mother have done the same for a piece of scrap sticking out of the sands? That thought made Maria smile, not just Micky's sake, but genuinely smile. Sure, she was tempted to shout at him for thinking those dark thoughts or to just up on the depressed man. Nevertheless, if Maria did, she would just as bad as those who had left him to die in the first place.

At least he laughed at that statement, "So w'at I am now? Who am I?"

"Whoever you want to be." She beamed.