The Battleship Movie Trailer Is Here!

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Why not? They're already doing "Rock-Em Sock-Em Robots" ...

even though for some reason the poster calls it "REAL STEAL."

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
manythings said:
OT: Liam Neeson? Either he got paid insano cash or the movie might not be 100% fucktared.
My vote is that he's hit the point of his career where he's less interested in doing it for the money or the awards and more interested in making movies for the fun of it. Whether Battleship is actually good or not, I don't doubt that they probably had a few laughs about the whole thing behind the scenes.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Oh bloody hell that looks terrible. For every decent film Liam Neeson has been in it seems he's compelled to do another 10 which are complete wank.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
On the one hand it looks quite bad.

On the other hand it has Liam Neeson.

....I'm going to have to go see it now aren't I?

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I loled so much I damn near pissed myself.

Doesn't look as bad as skyline, then again what could possibly be as bad as skyline..? I probably see it, not like I have anything else to do with my disposable income and free weekends.

Jun 13, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
And I was so hoping for someone to scream "THEY SUNK OUR BATTLESHIP!!!"
Same. a Battleship movie without that line would be like Snakes on a Plane without "I'm tired of these muthafuckin snakes on this muthafuckin plane!" A total failure.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Rock Strongjaw is a renegade Navy man who pisses off Admiral Fallout by putting the schmooze on his daughter. Then he goes off to sea with his brother and rival, Broody McBlueeyes, where they meet giant robot aliens. Cue explosions, roll credits and insipid Rihanna song.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
an874 said:
I thought this was joke until I saw Liam Neeson.
Have to agree. I was like..this is a prank..wait what? Liam Neeson? Okay either they faked him in just this once...or not...no...no its real.

Lol

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Now I will never pay attention to when Hollywood complains about studios going under and losing money.

This has to be a joke right? Cant wait for Movie Bob to tear into this one

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
If ever an article was deserving of the "wtf" tag...

sir.rutthed said:
And I was so hoping for someone to scream "THEY SUNK OUR BATTLESHIP!!!"
Indeed. So was I. A clear missed opportunity there. If they had aimed to play this entire movie up as a "Down Periscope"-style spoof, there would have been potential.

Sojoez

Nov 24, 2009
So its not Battleship Yamato.. I am disappoint.

However the battleship firing all canons at once looked awesome!

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010

o.0

Ok then... I had heard they were making a movie based on the game... eh.. did alien's play into it again... I must have been playing the wrong Battleship... LOL.

Oh Leiam Nession... WHY... >.<

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Well.. at least it isnt the rock em sock em robots film with Hugh Jackman. Yes, Hollywood is not only running out of ideas for films, they are running of toys to turn into films.

monojono

Sep 3, 2009
So they took battleship, a game where two sides with identical fleets wage war, and made the two sides completely different. How did they manage to screw up the canon of a board game with no story? This looks hilariously good.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
I never, in my entire life, thought I'd say this. But that Battleship movie looks pretty cool.

...What?

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Good God, they actually went ahead and made it.

Even with Liam Neeson, I still can't quite possess myself to believe it's a real film. Especially after seeing that trailer.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
is this a ninja-transformers movie? it sure as hell looks like it.
and i can already see some idiot in editing cut out the one time liam neeson says "you sunk my battleship"