The Battleship Movie Trailer Is Here!

Slick Samurai

Jul 3, 2009
I go to the movie theaters to have fun.

I see a movie with battleships, aliens, and Liam Neeson.

This movie looks like fun.

elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
Just because Liam Neesan is in it doesn't mean it will be good.

Sabrestar said:
If ever an article was deserving of the "wtf" tag...

sir.rutthed said:
And I was so hoping for someone to scream "THEY SUNK OUR BATTLESHIP!!!"
Indeed. So was I. A clear missed opportunity there. If they had aimed to play this entire movie up as a "Down Periscope"-style spoof, there would have been potential.
Well, they just took the name because they thought it was marketable. This is action movie #48776a and they tagged the name on because it involves the Navy, and is probably inspired by the success of Michael Bay.

Also, I get the feeling that the aliens saw Solid Snake's photos from the Tanker Incident and decided to make a ship based on it. Maybe the crew will be populated by Japanese girls in bikinis.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Huh... It looks really fucking cool... and it has Liam Neeson in it. I'm gonna give it a shot. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
So with the now inevitable slew of board game-based movies with SciFi twists that will follow, I'm going with Wilford Brimley to play the zombie-fighting monopoly man. DIABEETUS!

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Wait wait wait! Since when did the boardgame had aliens in it other than those movie version like Star Trek or Star Wars etc???
ahve you never got to the secret level in battleships, if you figure out the riddle of the board game you get teleported to space ship and have to play a game of battleships against a race of aliens to save the earth.

OT: well, it could be worse.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
My thoughts on this:
1: This looks horrible
2: It doesn't even look like they're not serious, which makes it even worse
3: Mr Chalk used the word "lollin'" in the article. I don't know if laughing or weeping is the more fitting reaction.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
I don't ... I ... what?

I don't understand what I just saw, but it lowers my already low opinion of Liam Neeson substantially.

JustJuust

Mar 31, 2011
That's freaking intense! How is that movie based off of the boardgame though? It just looks like a movie about naval battle that just happened to have the same name as the boardgame. I want to see it though, how often do you see a movie about naval warfare? AGAINST ALIENS NO LESS!!

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I... What? No, this can't be real. This is a joke right? RIGHT?!
Not even Liam Neesons extremely sexy voice could save this.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
so, this trailer has convinced me of two things, One; Universal's executives are all eating Bullshit and Wank Sandwiches and have gone insane from malnutrition, and two; MST3K NEEDS to be brought back, we need it more than ever with all the new crap.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
this ooks like the transfromers school of robot design.

... anyway, I'm meh. I'll go see it for novelty, but I'm not expecting mich out of this or the other boardgame based movies that are coming out.