The Battleship Movie Trailer Is Here!

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
had i just seen the trailer alone, id say it was just another earth v.s. aliens with a sort of battle for L.A. feel and i probably could have gotten behind that, but now that i know this is a "BATTLESHIP" movie i'm sorry i can not take this seriously even with the great william neason.

drakythe

Feb 10, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Wait wait wait! Since when did the boardgame had aliens in it other than those movie version like Star Trek or Star Wars etc???
Oh and the whole main character going awol is so cliche.
Canid117 said:
So... were there aliens in the board game? Because I dont remember that part...
To the both of you I present: [a href=http://www.gamesalute.com/?p=7260]Battleship Galaxies[/a]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Right, so first Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, then Battleship, at least there's not one based on Monop...

Oh wait. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204976/

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
drakythe said:
Scarim Coral said:
Wait wait wait! Since when did the boardgame had aliens in it other than those movie version like Star Trek or Star Wars etc???
Oh and the whole main character going awol is so cliche.
Canid117 said:
So... were there aliens in the board game? Because I dont remember that part...
To the both of you I present: [a href=http://www.gamesalute.com/?p=7260]Battleship Galaxies[/a]
I don't see a Nimitz Carrier on that box. Though I honestly have to congratulate them for figuring out a way to hammer an actual movie out of the "They have ships and you have ships kill them" setup of the games.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
LOL

"You have risen through the ranks faster than any other person could."
*few lines later*
"I have no idea what my daughter sees in you."

ummm... he's a damn good sailor? *facedesk* It was clearly good enough to impress you just a few lines ago.

You don't know how bad that facedesk was. I had to go find a desk first.

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Random Argument Man said:
I'm going to slap myself. When I'm finished, can someone really confirm me that I've just seen a Battleship trailer with good old Liam in it.

Note* Captcha just said "yes, sir"...

I hate this thing...

Edited Note: I want a mouse trap movie.
Oh the things I would do for a mousetrap movie...

But first, 'Monopoly - The Movie' where the protagonist is a cyber vigilante in a capitalist apocalypse, trying to destabilize the New World Government by buying the entirety of London on the stock market. Y'know, a bit like The Matrix but with real estate instead of Kung Fu. (starring Matt Damon and Hugo Weaving)

^Admit it, you want that movie made now.

My verdict on this trailer: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA Oh wait they're being serious?!?!

Edit: I know Liam Neeson is a brilliant actor guys, but that doesn't mean this movie will be worth seeing just for him alone. Was The Phantom Menace worth seeing just to see Liam Neeson as a Jedi? Hmm?
the phantom menace wasnt a bad movie it wasnt a a good movie either but still it wasnt bad

Crazy_Man_42

Mar 10, 2011
So what the alien's come to earth and they find a battleship game and went "hey we should try this man, only on a bigger size man." Another alien "yeah man that would be so awesome, lets do it man."

why am I getting a Aqua Teen Hunger Force vibe right now?

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Almost looks as if Michael Bay said "I'm done with toy robots. I know! Let's move onto board games!"

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Wow, I'm not sure the world will survive this one. But being a part of the church of Liam Neeson, I must go see this movie.

Praise Liam Neeson!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hey that's pretty awesome for a trailer. didn't realize my mouth was open after watching it :p
plus Liam Neeson is in it. sold

oh wait Rihanna's in it? ehh let's wait for the reviews
or RedBox

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I can only assume there's going to be horrible dialogue along the lines of:

'Sir, we've never dealt with a threat of this level ... B4'
'Miss, excuse me!'

Also, I, along with most people, just assumed it was along the lines of:

I just can't believe they're going serious in tone with this.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
It would have been so much cooler if the alien artifact locked him and the fleet into a giant game of Battleship against the aliens and that was the only way to save themselves.