The best animated films ever made

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
some movie I saw in Nickelodeon back then

it was a 3D movie that was very much like SkyLand, but all steampunk and shit

it was about some people who had to live in the sky because of god knows what happened and now they live in a huge ass city blimp, and there's sky pirates and shit, and they are like divided in two, those who fly with suits or something and those who use planes and stuff

if you can find it, I strongly recommend you to watch it

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Arqus_Zed said:
The Animatrix.
If you ask me they should have just released The Matrix and this because it was sooo much better than those 2 bullshit sequels they put out. As for my choices...

Akira
Metropolis
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Toy Story 1,2 & 3
Alladin
Jungle Book
South Park
The Nightmare Before Christmas

Jack and Calumon said:
Digimon The Movie. But stop watching after the second part.
Haha I know this movie is terrible but maybe it's the nostalgia factor but I just love it!

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Arisato-kun said:
A lot of the films I consider great have already been mentioned so I'll just include what I consider the greatest cinematic achievement of mankind.

Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance
agreed, My consideration that both Rebuild movies (to me) are cinematic perfection.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
fullbleed said:
manythings said:
lee1287 said:
WALL.E

Because the story is so unique and the robot is so cute, but it's a robot and not a real thing! EEK! :D.

The land before time.

Because it was the the best film ever and made me cry, plus it was the first film i remember seeing (as a little kid anyway)
It's rare to make a character so emotive it transcends the need of dialogue.

OT: The animatrix had two good parts, The New Renaissance and A Detective Story. The rest were utter piss.

*Peruses collection* If we are talking from a purist point of view I can't really think of anything amazing beyond Kung Fu panda and the Pixar back catalogue (screw you A bug's life). If you are open to real actor animation fusion the new Appleseed (not new anymore) and a Scanner Darkly (RDJ is on my list with Christian Bale of actors who don't let you down).
Scanner Darkly isn't really animated though, it was filmed and then digitally rotoscoped.

Best animated film, Waltz With Bashir hands down.

Not just the best animated film but one of the best films of all time. Based on a true story that follows the director's attempt's to regain his memory from the 1982 Lebanon war secifically the events that led to the Sabra and Shatila refugee camp masacre. You may well struggle to find another film more emotional and depressing.
Which is why I specifically said if there was room for real actor animation style fusion a scanner darkly is awesome. Going to take a look and see if I can get my hands on that one though.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Of Disney Films?

Hunchback of Notrodame

Of Pixar Films?

Up or Toy Story, have yet to decide yet

Of Don Blooth films?

Nimh

Anime?

The Hidden Valley (though I really haven't watched much anime period, so I will have to come back to you on this one)

Other?

Coraline

killcheese

May 18, 2009
Kimarous said:
- The Rescuers Down Under -
An underrated member of Disney canon with great visuals, awesome music, a fantastic villain, excellent action, and genuine suspense. All in all, an excellent film that doesn't get the attention it deserves.
I love the rescuers! just had some good childhood memorys brought back by that post

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Ghost in the Shell and Akira

SF-anime beats disney/pixar-fairytail-crap every time.