The Best Big YouTubers.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
As a response to the The Worst Big YouTubers-thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.400647-The-Worst-Big-Youtubers], I decided to kick a discussion going the other way into life. Now, I'm fairly sure that there's several, might even be hundreds of threads like this from before. But this is now. And also, on a completely unrelated note, I have been idle from The Forums here for over a year, so I need to get my shit together, and my activity up again.

So, who/what do YOU think is the best YouTubers out there? I won't judge you, so be honest. If you like RayWilliamJohnson, no one will lynch you for it[footnote]I think[/footnote].

My favourite YouTubers include:
- HuskyStarcraft: Because he's quite the StarCraft 2 commentator. Entertaining and humorous, especially when you're an avid StarCraft player.
- Day9: same reason as above.
- DailyGrace: Because she is probably the most awkward human being on this planet, and she looks like and behaves like one of my best friends. They're both equally awkward and adorable, so that's why I love them I suppose.
- KassemG: "California on", nuff said.
- NicePeter and ERBH: Epic Rap Battles of History and NicePeter are equally fantastic channels. Discovered NicePeter through KassemG and their Street Music [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqevtvYlqk] videos. Also, watch the Obama vs Romney Rap Battle [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc]. It's brilliant!
- PistolShrimps: Humorous channel known for spoofs and parodies of known films etc. Most known for their Trolling Saruman video. They've got a lot of high quality content, and they're from the same place as me here in Norway.
- Tobuscus: Over the top, sometimes very random and what-inducing, but overall funny and original due to his apparent madness. If you watch too many videos at once, you might grow tired though. His alternate channel, CuteWinFail is also something to check out, as I love them.

That's mine. What's yours?

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
I'm a big fan of those dang ass game ass grumps as of late; it's the dream team that nobody saw coming!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Big fan of Matt and Pat from Two Best Friends Play.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I only subscribe to two channels. Daily Grace because she's frequently hilarious and reminds me so much of my cousin, and Sykkuno because of his skill at teaching me how to suck less at League of Legends with constant good nature and a massive surplus of excitement. I don't know what counts as a "big" youtuber, but these two are my definite favorites.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Freddie Wong.

Yeah, I know, his videos are silly and usually redundant, but they're high quality, and for the most part, really fun. Also, it's nice to see these guys stay up until 5 AM editing in post-production to get their effects right and getting a lot of views as opposed to iJustine fumbling her way through Portal and getting hits off of recognition for...dancing in Apple stores?

As a side note, a lot of people didn't like Video Game High School's uneven tone and lame dialogue even with the admittedly top notch production quality, but I kind of thought of it as endearing and charming. I think they're going to improve upon the show's concept in the 2nd season that they're shooting currently.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
DaKiller said:
I'm a big fan of those dang ass game ass grumps as of late; it's the dream team that nobody saw coming!
What this guy said. GameGrumps is the first time I've EVER been able to watch a gameplay commentary from start to finish and still be entertained. No one else has done that for me.

Also, I kinda like TheAmazingAtheist. Yeah, he's said and done some stupid shit, but he learns from it and improves himself and his act because of it. He generally makes good points about religion, politics, and other shit, and his podcasts with Howard Bloom are really insightful. I really wish he'd do more of those.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Dangit2019 said:
Freddie Wong.

Yeah, I know, his videos are silly and usually redundant, but they're high quality, and for the most part, really fun. Also, it's nice to see these guys stay up until 5 AM editing in post-production to get their effects right
If you know of Freddie W, I take it you've seen Corridor Digitals stuff too?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CorridorDigital

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Private Custard said:
Dangit2019 said:
Freddie Wong.

Yeah, I know, his videos are silly and usually redundant, but they're high quality, and for the most part, really fun. Also, it's nice to see these guys stay up until 5 AM editing in post-production to get their effects right

Oh yeah, they're pretty awesome too. I didn't mention them because I haven't had enough time to get through any of the stuff they made beyond very recently.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I have a few youtubers I truly enjoy:
For one, I like The Amazing Atheist, not because I agree with him on every single thing he has said or done, but because he is amusing and sometimes also thought provoking.
I enjoy ooJLEoo's work, especially the "Gentleman's"-series.
I like Freddie Wong.
And I also like Epic Meal Time.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
The biggest YouTubers I watch are GophersVids (almost 50,000 subs and over 12 mil views) and PrinceofMacedon (75,000+ subs and 46 mil views). Would they count as "big YouTubers"?

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I enjoy watching Vash12349 and the Radbrad's videos. I am watching Radbrad's Cry of Fear walkthrough as I am typing, and I must say I am enjoying it immensely.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Dangit2019 said:
Private Custard said:
Dangit2019 said:
Freddie Wong.

Oh yeah, they're pretty awesome too. I didn't mention them because I haven't had enough time to get through any of the stuff they made beyond very recently.
I like the fact they have a second channel, where they post making-of videos, as well as some interesting stuff about the gear they use. I saw a video of the Corridor Digital guys playing a LAN session of Farming Simulator, it was bloody hilarious. FreddieW was there too!

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Jacksfilms! Awesome stuff. Their "Your Grammar Sucks" series is hilarious.

ERB of course. Do I need to explain?

Do we count Rooster Teeth?

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
JWittz is pretty awesome, especially his... everything.
He started of making pokemon card game videos but then moved onto other pokemon stuff and now he does gaming in general.
You can't beat his Spelunky play through.
He's getting more and more subscribers these days so I like to call him big.
Though his biggest channel only had about 130000 subscribers.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Seeing as how Day9 and Husky have been mentioned, gonna have to give dat dere shout out to the fine bouses of LifesAGlitchTV, NovaWar and MaximusBlack! Lower league SC2 commentary like you've probably never heard before.

Also, TotalBiscuit. Because TotalBiscuit.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
-Retsupurae are my favourite channel at the moment; I think I've watched most of their stuff at least twice.
-Achievement Hunter are also brilliant, but I'm way beyond on all their content.
-LtMkilla better known as the guy from Rage Quit at AH is the only LP'er I ever watch.
-Egoraptor's Sequelitis series is one of the best things I've ever seen, but sadly he never updates his channel since starting Game Grumps which I'm not a huge fan of.
-Oh, and Jaboody Dubs is brilliant too, although I've not checked out the channel in a while.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I think Total Biscuit is the only big YouTuber I watch regularly. I'm aware of the work of a few of those mentioned above, but don't really follow them.

Wait are Yogscast big? Not sure but I dip into and out of their stuff fairly often.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
FreddieW and CorridorDigital
Totalbiscuit
Criken. Not too sure he counts, but he's got over 200k subscribers and gets mentioned on Kotaku all the time. So I think he should.
331Erock. That mans metal covers are the shit.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Alfador_VII said:
I think Total Biscuit is the only big YouTuber I watch regularly. I'm aware of the work of a few of those mentioned above, but don't really follow them.

Wait are Yogscast big? Not sure but I dip into and out of their stuff fairly often.
They're the most watched British YouTube channel, and second-most subscribed after One Direction.

As for me, I watch the YogsCast often, Total Biscuit when he has something relevant (ie not Content Patch) on, and once in a while I'll catch up on Captain Sparkles.