The Best Big YouTubers.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Does no-one else watch the Angry Joe Show? Really just me? Fine.
I think the only other gaming related one not mentioned here I watch would be Seananners and friends, not sure if they count as big.
Non-gaming related:
Tomska and Eddsworld
The Thinking Atheist (mostly for the animations).

Out of those already mentioned I do enjoy Total Biscuit, ERB and Yogscast.

BushMonstar

Jan 25, 2012
Yogscast: Just something nice and not very serious to put on in the background while I'm doing something else.
Chuggaaconroy: The guy is very informative in his let's plays, along with being pretty funny as well (plus he has some of the stupidest luck I've ever seen).
Epic Rap Battles: While they've had a few bad/not very creative ideas (Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs, Adam vs. Eve), almost all of the battles turn out to be something great.
Those are the first 3 that come to mind.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
-ChaoticMunki aka Cry. Dude is just so... I dunno, real.
-TheSw1tcher aka Two Best Friends Play. Matt's axe moment is still hilarious.
-NerdCubed. I liked him a lot more when he did more frequent editing but he's still better than most LP'ers.
-Melonie Mac. The only female I seen on YT that doesn't use her tits to get views, she relies on actual talent.
-Retsuprae. How can I not watch the people that invented the LP rag on the shitty LP'ers?
-Swoozie from time to time. He's really entertaining and has pretty good morals.
-Michelle Phan. Girl is crazy talented with makeup.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Yogscast gets my vote. They've just got the exact kind of humour that tickles me, plus it's nice to see them use their fame to raise money for charities.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
As far as being known from Youtube is concerned, I'd say Egoraptor and Game Grumps, TotalBiscuit, and TomSka.

As far as being hosted on Youtube as well is concerned, I'd say JonTron, Retsupurae, Chip & Ironicus, and Continue?.

As for why:
Egoraptor - Does really fun and surreal animations that are packed full of quick, short jokes. Also does the more serious "Sequelitis", which is fairly informative and an interesting examination of things that sequels do well or stumble over compared to their predecessors.

JonTron - Does extremely silly, over-the-top reviews of silly, over-the-top (or bad) media.

Game Grumps - Egoraptor and JonTron play games, make jokes, and talk about game philosophy. While they often say things I might disagree with, it's still generally interesting to hear their points of view and take into account their side of the discussion.

TotalBiscuit - I typically only watch his "WTF Is..." series, because he's rather informative about games I otherwise wouldn't have known anything about, and he can be quite funny and self-deprecating at times (such as any time he needs to play a puzzle-platformer).

TomSka - The guy is full of random, front-loaded humor and is a great voice actor. His sketches usually have rather high production values too, for being a Youtube channel.

Continue? - They're from Normalboots.com, the same place JonTron is hosted. It's three guys making jokes while playing older games and basically seeing whether they hold up today or not after playing the first half hour or so, and then giving a verdict on whether they would 'continue' to play the game or not.

Retsupurae - They do a few different things, with a similar motif: They riff over media.
They have longplays, generally of mediocre or bad adventure games, that they riff over which I don't find as consistently amusing because there's no terrible commentary for them to rip apart. They have flash animations, which they take from Newgrounds.com, play through and then riff over - Which is a lot more amusing because the "games" last for a much shorter period of time and there's the truly ridiculously low-quality things for them to tear apart, not to mention the plethora of "10/10" reviews and comments on Newgrounds that they mock afterward.

And then they've got bad Let's Plays from Youtube, where they take the creme de la creme of poor quality videos - Camcorder LPs, Unregistered Hypercam LPs, LPs with little or awful commentary, LPs where the player just sucks at the game, etc. - and absolutely demolish them. This is when they're at their best, in my opinion, because they can play off of the poor recording, the bad commentary, the bad playing, technical difficulties, or any number of other things.

Chip & Ironicus - Chip Cheezum does a bunch of Let's Plays for SomethingAwful, hosted on blip.tv, and Ironicus is his primary co-commentator. Aside from their first two games they ever did, they've got really good quality on their videos and their commentary is top-notch. I've watched their 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand LP probably three times through. They also retsupurae bad Youtube videos, both on Chip's own channel and occasionally guesting in Retsupurae videos.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Jesse Cox and Totalbuiscuit are the two ones I like the most, I watch all thier stuff.

I'm subscribed to other people but they either aren't big or are big but I only like some of their stuff (Gamme Groomps)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
A few of The Game Station guys (mainly TB, Jesse and Dodger, but also Ro's Nerdy Nummies stuff as well)

I would consider LittleKuriboh big considering he basically created an entire genre of YouTube videos, so him too

TomSka as well, but that's mainly for his asdfmovies.

Oh, and the Escapist CommuniCast one. It's the biggest and best of the lot, obviously =P

Lewg999

Jan 30, 2011
Well the biggest ones I watch all the time are Probably Ashens , Nerdcubed and Retsupurae. Ashens is just great in that he can turn a fricking poundland instant cupcake into an entertaining spectacle. Nerd cubed is probably my favourite letsplayer since he actually gives a damn how his content turns out and is consistently funny and Retsupurae ( and by extension ChipCheezum who do the same thing ) are just funny to watch rip into bad games , bad players of games and bad flash games. They also have a generally good podcast on itunes too which is nice to listen to.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I watch Totalbiscuit. Not as famous, but no less awesome, I subscribe to BigCatRescue. You should too.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
TotalBiscuit is the only one I subscribe to. He's a reasonably intelligent guy, has good content and covers a lot of things I'm interested in.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Contrary to many people here, I actually very much enjoy Pewdiepie. Besides that, I don't watch any "big" Youtubers, except possibly TBFP.

CityofTreez

Sep 2, 2011
Artina89 said:
Radbrad's videos. I am watching Radbrad's Cry of Fear walkthrough as I am typing, and I must say I am enjoying it immensely.
Possibly the best walkthrough-er on Youtube.

OT:

Dailgrace
Vlog Brothers
V-Sauce
PressHeartToContinue
TheRadBrad

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
PsychicPebbles
OneyNG
GameGrumps
Total biscuit.
AirsoftAustriaTV(Big enough I think?)
RedwoflAirsoftTV
EpicAirsoftHD(22,000+ subscribers enough?)

Only channels I really visit nowadays.

Justice Shades

Jul 30, 2009
To name but a few...

crabstickz
AgentXPQ
NeilCicierega
vlogbrothers
psychicpebbles
OneyNG
Doki66 (possibly doesn't count as "big", but I'm putting him here anyway.)

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
I watch the rad brad for all of my lets plays
Though not as famous, I watch angry joe
Of course total biscuit
and two best friends play

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Totalbiscuit: His in-depth look of the PC versions of games are a big draw for me, as well as the rest of the video being nothing but gameplay as well.

Do Team Four Star count?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Two Best Friends Play

Their full Let's Play of Resident Evil 2 is one of the best things I ever saw on Youtube outside of RedLetterMedia's Star Wars prequel reviews.
That and Matt and Woolie playing Donkey Kong Country are my two video series where I'm like "Okay, I'm bored watching every video I know of on youtube, including the RE2 and DKC playthroughs... let's watch RE2 and DKC again."

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
TheSw1tcher (my favorite

AngryJoe

TotalBiscuit

and recently Jesse Cox.

By far Two Best Friends is the funniest channel I've seen on YouTube.

Angry Joe is good reviewer, he's a little-fanboyish but ultimately fair and isn't part of the whole "Okay = 9/10" trend that every other reviewer is used too.

TotalBiscuit is always entertaining whenever I watch him, and he's in that circle with Yoggscast, Jesse Cox and Angry Joe.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
I am disappoint that nobody has mentioned the Vlogbrothers or any of their other endeavors. Those guys are amusing and enlightening, a rare combination on the internet.

Also the AVGN might be the first youtuber I really ever followed. He left me in stitches every times I watched him.

And YES TO THE GUY WHO SAID RETSUPURAE! Those guys are satire at its finest, MST3k style.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Lindsey Stirling is an amazing violinist, TheFineBros make fantastic content, Barley Political are super funny and TheYoungTurks are where I go for American news.