The BEST FPS game of all time [your opinoins]

Nov 25, 2010
A simple question, and all it needs is your favorite FPS game ever made and why. My awnser would be Bioshock. The reason for this is because it is very different to the normal FPS we have become used to which mainly envolves just running with a gun and shooting sombody in the head.

Bioshock had a storyline far better and more engrosing than something like for e.g. call of duty and the gameplay was very well made. The charaters were someintes annoying but overall they were very good and the enemys were just amazing. The only thing that it lacked was multiplayer but that could have ruiend it so I don't know if that is bad or not.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Modern Warfare 2.

My opinion after all.

Even for as laggy and unfair as the multiplayer can be, I absolutely love campaign and spec ops.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
System Shock 2 - I still love this game, great story, setting, enemies and locations.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Perfect Dark, because that was the original shooter that introduced pretty much every single feature of the genre, on the multiplayer side at least, that we now take for granted.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Team Fortress 2. All the classes are perfectly balanced, meaning the game's always fun.
Oh no wait, the Polycount pack showed us balance is for pussies and ruined that game!
/over-opinionated

If Mirror's Edge counts, I'd go with that, but I don't think it does since I like it because you don't have to shoot people if you don't feel like it.
I'm going to go with Modern Warfare 2, even to my surprise. I'm bad at all the Call of Duty's, but I seem to have more fun getting killed over and over on that compared to Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
i haven't played that many fps's, mainly because i don't spend much money and am fairly new to the hobby, but it'd be a tie between half-life 2 and stalker. admittedly i'm playing through both of those right now, but both of them are spectacularly designed and the combat is great in both. (HL2 has better design, but STALKER has more fun and tactical combat0

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I'd say CoD UO/2, or Perfect Dark (n64).

As one of the earlier posters, Perfect Dark introduced so much of what we take for granted today. CoD UO/2, because of how much fun I had with it and how it was surprisingly well balanced (sure you can spray 'n pray, but I'll take you out with my one bullet if I see you).

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Deus Ex
Half Life
Perfect Dark

I struggle to pick just one.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
PC = Counterstrike. Simple, timeless fun, skill based.

Console = Perfect Dark, as a console game that was ages ahead any other of it's competitors, also had the balls to have a female main character. It had A decent, long story with different difficulty levels that gave rewards at each level. In game trophies which unlocked maps and weapons. A shooting gallery with points system. Coop campaign, Multiplayer with bots and different skill levels of bots. So many different and unique weapon types (like over 50 weapons, which a fps really needs imo to be good no matter what type it is)

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Timesplitters 1-3, played the hell out of them. if any of them were on xbox live i would play them online with friends.

Psycho78

Jan 12, 2011
I'd say Half-Life. The game itself was groundbreaking in how you were part of the cutscenes. And they were open to developers so we got great mods like CounterStrike and Day of Defeat that are still being played to this day.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Must... Resist... Flaming... People who say it's Goldeneye...

Half-life 2.
The pretty much first game where you could shoot your friends in the face while sitting next to them? It was awesome!