The BEST FPS game of all time [your opinoins]

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
Personally? Fallout 3. It was a huge immersive and really well made world. With much customization and everything, i just loved it. granted its more of a rpg =P

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
For me it would be TimeSplitters Future Perfect sure 1 and 2 were great but Future Perfect is by far the best one besides it's pure fun, either that or Half Life 2 just because it was near flawlessly directed that game knows how to make you look in the direction you have to look without forcing you and that for me it's pretty impressive.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Must... Resist... Flaming... People who say it's Goldeneye...
Whilst I do think that Goldeneye has aged badly and all it's core FPS mechanics were improved on by other games (most notably Perfect Dark), why can't people say it's their favourite FPS. Everyone it entitled to their own opinion after all.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Doom, because you don't need cutting edge graphics, smart enemy AI or a deep storyline when the gameplay is this good.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
The Shooter I have enjoyed the most?
Halo Reach

Although, It's soon to be replaced by Bulletstorm with all it's co-op crotch shooting goodness.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Bioshock 2, Fallout: New Vegas or Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines (Now THATS obscure.)

chieften

Sep 15, 2009
Call of Duty United Offensive. Amazing mod community support. I had hundreds of maps and easily 2 dozen modded game modes from a muskets version to a modern weapons mode and even one that had airplanes in dogfights. And another one that was Domination for control of Saurman's tower that took over 5 minutes to climb without people shooting at you. On top of that the vanilla version of the game had support for up to 40 or 60 players on maps that could feature full-scale tank and jeep battles on maps the size of which are only comparable in the Battlefield games.

I also joined an online gaming community which I still am active with to this day.

Anytime I look at a new FPS or game in general I use United Offensive as the standard by which I judge.

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
Starsiege Tribes - FPS in 3D (jetpacks) - It also pushed and rewarded teamwork. Because of these things the game was unforgiving and challenging. After playing it since it was originally released all other FPS are boring - dull - and very easy for me.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Torn between Bioshock and MW2.

MW2 has the best MP (and before people start whining -1) there is a counter for EVERYTHING in the game, it is not the game's or developers' fault if you cannot find it and rage quit after 20 matches your first time around, 2)I am constantly being rewarded for owning, what's wrong with that, 3)I am only second prestige and I have the game for over a year so it going to laaaaaaast) while Bioshock has the best SP (this clearly goes without saying, no need for sequels or prequels to understand it but complex enough to play more than once or twice).

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
James Bond Agent Under Fire.
Yeah I went there. Personally it's just the funnest FPS i've ever played. Note the word "funnest".

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Using nostalgia to rate games is something I pretty much despise. How does it being the first game you had fun in with friends make it the best ever? How does anything being the first of anything make it any good?
He asked what is your most favorite FPS of all time. Why wouldn't I list the FPS that I had the most fun with? IMO playing that game with my friends was some of the best times I had while playing a co-op game (altho technically not co-op if you're fighting each other I guess), so I therefore rate it as one of the best games I've ever played.

He clearly didn't ask what game has the best graphics, storyline, etc...he asked what is your favorite.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Krychek08 said:
GiantRaven said:
Using nostalgia to rate games is something I pretty much despise. How does it being the first game you had fun in with friends make it the best ever? How does anything being the first of anything make it any good?
Thats what I was thinking. You ugys had more fun playing those games thne Halo 3 or COD4 etc..?

Mine is KZ2. Still trying toget to the last ranking. I need 65000 more experience to go out of 100000

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Innovation and pushing forward new ideas is something that should be praised even once those ideas have been repeated hundreds of times.