The BEST FPS game of all time [your opinoins]

Tyrant T100

Aug 19, 2009
The STALKER series is my current favourite FPS at the moment.
If I had to pick one of the games I'd have to say Call of Pripyat. Good gameplay and quests with great graphics.
Clear Sky gets an honourable mention for being beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oaw_Dt9v8Vo&hd=1

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
ciortas1 said:
Jinjiro said:
...Eh. No. What I meant was (and for fuck's sake why does it take so long to get this understood), if something's dated to the point of not being fun for you, yes you, person saying this is your favourite game, it no longer is. Which has been the case with at least half the people naming old ass games for no reason. Maybe they just can't think of anything past their childhood.
Again - whether something is dated doesn't matter. In that regard why should anyone name any game as their favourite, knowing that in a decade it will have crap graphics and ludicrous controls (no mental link-up - ZOMG that game sucks!) Hyperbole aside, this isn't a 'what game are you playing atm' thread or a 'which games do you still play from 1995' thread. This is a thread celebrating people's favourite games - wait for it - 'of all time'.

So stop attacking people's favourite games (their opinions) with a half-baked reason, one that comes off as extremely snobbish, while trying to disguise your own opinion as some sort of fact.

Red Alastor

Apr 8, 2010
Bioshock: bought back the health bar to FPS and the fear of running out of life, it reminded me of old school DOOM.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
TF2 for sure, its the only multi-player game I've really played the hell out of besides maybe Halo 2 multi back in the day on the original xbox.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
s0m3th1ng said:
Lonan said:
James Bond: Everything or Nothing. The target lock feature was a vast improvement over other FPS's, which insist upon you having to awkwardly move a very sensitive thing around to shoot something. Control sticks and mouses are too small an area of movement for a much larger movement on screen, that's why target locking is far superior. And the game was still challenging.
Yeah, if you are blind, have cerebral palsy, or use your mouse on a gravel bed.
The mouse is better, but certainly not perfect. Still far too little movement for the real life equivalent.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
hmm havent thought of that game in ages.
best glitch ever, re-choose youre class and regain all of your skillpoint while the spent ones are still there :D
´now i want to play it again... TO THE PIRAT BAY!

Gibboniser

Jan 9, 2011
Time splitters future perfect, I still play it occasionally, nothing like firing duel flareguns at approaching enemies.

Nov 25, 2010
RandomHer0 said:
DigimonReachOfficial said:
OK I will post this to settle a couple of desputes.

An FPS [First Person Shooter] is anything played from a First Person perspective, meaning you see through your character's eyes. It may have shooter in the name but it does not have to envole shooting, mirros edge is an example.
Well that definition makes no sense in a game devoid of shooting, which is one of those three key words in the first person shooter description.
It's a first person action adventure, different genre friend.
Most people when they speak of an FPS they mean a game in the Fisrt Person perspective, Ok most of them are shooters but there are acceptions that still class as fps like Minecraft and Amnesia

SamStar42

Oct 16, 2009
Halo 3 for the amount of enjoyment I got out of playing that with friends.

Modern Warfare 1 for the amount of fun I had online/offline.

BioShock/Fallout 3 for best in most other departments.

KissofKetchup

May 26, 2008
I'd say Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. It struck the perfect balance between realism (REAL REALISM not that fake COD shit) and fun.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
I know I'll be flamed for this, but I have to say Halo: Reach. It has so many options. Forge allows me to make my own huge maps, Firefight give me the tools to make my own huge battles, Campaign is decent, with one of my favorite characters ever, Jorge, and multiplayer with friends is just balls to the wall fun.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Krychek08 said:
GiantRaven said:
Using nostalgia to rate games is something I pretty much despise. How does it being the first game you had fun in with friends make it the best ever? How does anything being the first of anything make it any good?
Notice the "[your opinions]" part of the topic title? That's how.