The Best Game You bought from the Bargain Bin

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
Sometimes games can surprise you. Just because they are older, doesn't mean that they aren't good. So my question is: What's the greatest game you bought from an bargain bin? One that you only bought because it was cheap and upon playing realized it was awesome?

I think mine would be Castle of Shikigami III for the wii. I picked it up because it was $10 at Walmart and it turned out to be a pretty fun, addicting game. Extremely hard too, but then again most manic shooters are.

What's yours? It can be any console

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Used orange box for like 10 or 20$. Forget how much it was.

4 of the greatest games I've ever played (don't have xbox live gold for TF2) That's like 2-5$ per game. Best deal I ever got.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Diablo 1 and 2. For 50p each.
Hot Damn.

From a charity shop, which still counts right?

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
I found a copy of Tokobot Plus for about $2.50 and decided it was worth a look. It was actually a pretty fun game, albeit a bit cheesy at times.

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
Innegativeion said:
Used orange box for like 10 or 20$. Forget how much it was.

4 of the greatest games I've ever played (don't have xbox live gold for TF2) That's like 2-5$ per game. Best deal I ever got.
I agree with you. Those games are among the great. You must have been really excited for Portal 2

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
J03bot said:
Mirror's Edge for £5. Good times. Much better than a lot of people give it credit for.
I think Mirror's Edge is a hit or miss for some people. A lot of people like it, but a lot of people didn't like it.

It tried to do something different, and that's why I liked it. Who hasn't dreamed about running and jumping off rooftops like that? Seriously people.

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
Morrowind GOTY for 6?

Best 6? I've ever spent (Though maybe noodles come close hmm)
Best thing was, it wasn't that old at that moment :)

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
J03bot said:
Mirror's Edge for £5. Good times. Much better than a lot of people give it credit for.
Yeah, it was a great game no doubt, but I don't think it was worth the 50$ I spent on it. Got on Steam a couple years later for like 7$, it was great.

Anyway, I got Tales of Vesperia for like 20$. I heard it's pretty rare and it's a lengthy and awesome game.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Prey. For three dollars.

Three.

Try and find me a better deal than that.
Serious Sam for Xbox for two.

That's the First, and Second Encounter, on one disc. With splitscreen coop. Yeah, it was in the pc version, but you can't really do that on a laptop.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Timesplitters: Future Perfect. Three dollars.

I could buy a soda and a candy bar with that money, and T:FP gave me tons more hours of entertainment than food.

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
Tales of Vesperia is a great game. The whole Tales series is really well done, Vesperia is one of the best, following closely behind Tales of the Abyss imo

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Timesplitters Future Perfect, King Kong and Metal Gear Solid 3 all for ps2 and rounding up to maybe 5 dollars... all of them...

Beat THAT deal....