The Best Game You bought from the Bargain Bin

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
I've been mentioning it a good bit, lately, across the forums.

Bionic Commando. Best 8 dollars I've ever spent.

Now, if I were going to go ahead and suggest the best game I've ever picked up at the cheapest price, then definitely Battleheart. $3 in the App Store. You won't regret it.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Captive, around 1990 on the Atari ST.
That game is epic - I loved the demo that was supplied on a coverdisk, but couldn't afford to just go and buy a game whenever I wanted - then I found it pre-owned for £6. I must have gotten at least 300 hours of fun out of that game.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Mount & Blade Warband. for a game that looks so bad, it has a freakin' amazing SP campaign! and picked it up for $5 on Steam :D

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Psychonauts for £2.50

More subjectively, £10 for a near-mint copy of Final Fantasy VII. Those were golden days.

Captain_M

Mar 1, 2011
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System for PS2. Ten dollars. No foolin' man. That game is F-U-H-N fun....Had good multiplayer too.

Mudkipith

May 11, 2011
Drakengard I found for like $5 (If it's the worst game I like does it count?)
And I got the Orange Box for $7.50 during a Christmas sale a while ago; it's why I started using Stesm.

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
It's a fun and detailed tycoon game where you basically make Jurassic Park. It's quite fun and challenging. Plus, if you get bored you can sic your carnivores on the visitors! Nom nom nom!

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
DEFCON and Uplink packaged together at £4.50. They make for a good deal of fun annihilating the world in nuclear fire/ hacking into obscene amounts of networks.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
A few years ago, I found Homeworld 2 in the bargain bin for five dollars. It's a great game, but I still haven't completed it, because it's bloody hard! And I kinda suck at RTS.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
Mr Pantomime said:
Last year I got Legend Of Dragoon for $10 (missing manuals so I need to find them), Croc for $5 and Ape Escape for the same price. I love pawn shops.

Also got Spyro 3 from Eb games last year when they got a load of PS1 games. No case or manual, but worth it.
Wait a minute. Since when do EB Games still sell PS1 games?
They dont usually. They were there for like a month in one store last year. It was actually rather odd. The selection wasnt that great though.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Battle For Middle-Earth 2 for $8.50. It's basically Command and Conquer: Lord of the Rings, which is actually pretty good. Solid gameplay, and some excellent set-pieces. Also, it's the only game I've ever seen in which fire spreads. You can actually start a forest fire, which is pretty neat, and you have to make your builders dump water on them before they spread. Probably the lowest point is the voice-acting--most of the lines sound like the kind of dramatic medieval-speak a nine-year-old would mimic while playing with toy knights, with various iterations of "We must prepare for this war," and "Let none get away!"

Aside from that though, it's not bad at all. Pretty hard to find these days though.

VorpalWolf

Dec 15, 2008
nicksdrago0 said:
Kingdom hearts and FFX for £15-got both as a child, and to say they opened me up to RPGs, and gaming in general is a huge understatement. I still love playing both of them to this very day.
That' really cool to start rpg'in with Ffx

Indigo prophecy / farenheit for less than 10

Vorpalwolf
PwnedIt.com

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Shadow of the Colossus - $5 (I already had the game in mint but I bought the $5 for a friends birthday. Still the best bargain I have found)