The best song EVER.

Arpeggi

Sep 17, 2012
There's no way I could pick a favorite song, especially being more of an album man, but this is one I've been listening to a fair bit recently:

I love the way the words are so obtuse, yet when she sings them you know exactly what she means.

Also, yay for the guy who posted the Can video. Can rule.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
anthony87 said:
What's with all you people posting not Rush? The answer to any music related question is always Rush.

Always.

Now, because there is no "best" Rush song as every Rush song is the "best" Rush song, I'm just gonna go ahead and post the opening track off their most recent album.

Yes, there is a best Rush song. There are undoubtedly some songs that are better than others and Rush's best is a dead tie between Limelight and Red Barchetta. :p

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
White Lightning said:
And the champion has arrived...

I mean let's be real, the only reason you wouldn't like this is because you weren't listening to it loud enough,
Two Steps from Hell truely have made some of the most legendary and epic music and love them really much!... BUT!

OT:

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
NightHawk21 said:
Objectively the best song ever.

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
Instrumental #4 by Reasoner, hands down, for me. It's the most calming, beautiful and serene song I've ever heard, it's helped me often, and I love it.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Seeing as Bohemian Rapsody was stolen in thesecond post I will go with my second favorite
Ok for real

Lopende Paddo

Aug 26, 2004
#99.999.999.999 bottles of beer on the wall...# etc

for those long trips on the road.

First thing that comes to mind is Rancid-Life wont wait

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Either:
Queen's: Bohemian Rhapsody
Eric Clapton's: Layla
Or Meatloaf's: Bat Out of Hell

I'm gona have to go with Meatloaf on this. The song is out of left field, when the album first came out no one knew what the hell it was supposed to be. The only thing I define it as is a Rock Opera. I don't even know what else to call it.
But it drives you, it's like a 2nd heart for the body. Damn what a great song.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
I'd say this one. It is a fantastic song with a great build up. But why not? Plus it is Scottish!

EDIT

The link isn't working, so I'll just copy the URL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8J5SSn8DA

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
EDIT: My actual pick was taken before I could post (So What - Miles Davis) So have my next few choices.

I really love this song.

And of course honourable mention to Rage Against the Machine

TheJazzyH

Jan 7, 2011
I love Daft Punk, I love the Gorillaz, and Queen is amazing, but when I have to think of the most beautiful song my ears have experienced so far in my life, One More Time, One More Chance by Masayoshi Yamazaki was one of the first to my head. It's one of the most famous songs in Japan, and it has earned it's fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V292agwuuJM&list=FL-Iflm0NRkau9x-2lXwHW8g&index=21&feature=plpp_video

Even if you don't know Japanese, you can feel the beauty of the song(besides, not only is music universal, the video has English translations on the fly!). The artist lost his girlfriend in an earthquake a few years prior to writing this song, and his pain from his lost love shows in this song, both lyrically and emotionally. Even in the music video, he looks and sounds like he's ready to burst into tears at any moment mid-performance. If you don't feel anything after hearing this song, even after getting to know the lyrics, you're simply not a living being.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiGTVKuAHKA

This, Injection by Rise Against. I put up the live version, what it lacks in quality compared to the recorded version, it makes up for in energy.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
debtcollector said:
Metric kicking ass
Oh hell yes to this. I find this album to be better than anything the Beatles ever put out largely on the strength of this one little masterpiece.

My favorite song ever changes every few months. This has been its current incarnation for about a year and a half, which is a pretty good run.

Previous favorite songs ever have been "Marquee Moon" by Television, "No Cars Go" by Arcade Fire, "Fake Empire" by the National, and "All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem

Nap_Time

Aug 14, 2012
I have a lot of songs i like however i can't choose a favourite out of them. So, her is just a few of my most liked songs.