The Big Picture: Conspiracy Weary

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Conspiracy Weary

This week, Bob uncovers what's really going on, and welcomes our new reptilian overlords.

Watch Video

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
I think your video is a conspiracy to make us believe conspiracies aren't everywhere! Don't believe him!!!

That aside, I really enjoied today's video.

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
Global warming is real. Whether or not we are significantly affecting it is the debate.

Conspiracy theories are stupid. Personal agendas should always be considered.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Interesting episode. Touched on some good points. The thing that confused me though was the conspiracy by Arnold and Hollywood to have audiences go to theatres rather than play video games, since I seriously neer even heard that one till just now

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Okay... Kobra-Bob had my sides splitting.

And honestly? I accepted that Bush Jr. was an idiot. If you see him speak, it's easy to swallow.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Just when I'm ready to write you off as a hack Bob you go and make something brilliant like this. Except that part about global warming. Which is more likely? A bunch of oil conglomorates all setting aside their competition with each other to mastermind a global dominance of the energy market to make themselves rich while purposefully misleading the public with falsified scientific findings? Or a bunch of different conman doom saying to a gullible public willing to give them cash to stop an immanent threat that they can nether prove or disprove?

Gee that almost sounds like every corrupt organized religion ever.

P.S. everything I didn't mention about the video was pretty spot on.

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
I always believed that I was smart enough to see a conspiracy theory for what it is...until you brought up the Govenator/videogames one, darn. I guess we're all susceptible.

Oh, and if I may play Devil's advocate for a moment...

While Hollywood does make more money off family friendly media like Nintendo, M rated games still gives them a ready scapegoat in order to get their way. Videogame sales have overtaken film/ticket sales over the past years, and there's always some kind of animosity between two mediums especially when we have an old guard/new blood situation like we have right now. Hollywood also has a bigger lobby than videogames, and given how lobbyists have been swinging their weight around the past few years, I really wouldn't put it past them as a native Californian that they're using their leverage to try to muscle the industry around. You just need to pull the wool over the people's eyes with something more threatening; like saying that Obama isn't a natural born citizen not because you really care about his status, but you don't want him in office.

...Whew, glad I got that out of my system.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
This was a good episode. Good mix of humor and things to think about. And I for one welcome our new reptilian overlords with open arms.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Almost started cheering and applauding halfway through that, go MovieBob!

Feb 13, 2008
MB202 said:
So...

...Who's Alex Jones?

Makes a lot of movies about how the New World Order will destroy the Old World. Because he's been allowed to. By the New World Order. And not silenced in any way. Which they've already done to everyone else. And only HE can SEE the TRUTH.

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
I loved this episode, because my grandpa is completely obsessed with these theories. (Actually, pretty much every one Bob mentioned.) Not only did this help me enjoy this video, it also lets me get other little touches. Anyone notice the Bilderberg reference in AC Brotherhood? I know I did! I treat conspiracies now like I treat Magic: the Gathering. I collect them, learn how I can use them, and smash opponents with my crazy-powerful arguments. Maybe I have to much free time. Who knows?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
So Bob, did you go to the Illuminati meeting last week? They had a Pizza party, it was awesome. Also, I think they are going to have the Iraq war last a few more years, until The get the operation in N. Korea moving.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Bleh. My biggest problem with conspiracy theories being so widespread is that it means they're actually possible (in far more mundane ways than a global shadow government yes, but still possible) because all you need to do to discredit inquiry is to look incredulously and say 'it's conspiracy nonsense' and then whoever asked the question has to look sheepish and go away forever. It's not a binary. Conspiracies do exist, not all conspiracy theories are invalid, but yes, 9/10 of them are bunk. Of course, even by saying 'conspiracies happen' people probably think I'm a kook. Which kinda proves my point.