The Big Picture: Conspiracy Weary

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Well all i can say is, Bob go f**k yourselve you reptilian bastard!

I trusted you and you go off revealing that your a damn lizard man, DIE XENO SCUM!!!!

ReverendJ

Mar 18, 2009
Bob...

Great video. Absolutely brilliant, and something that definitely needs to be repeated. Many truths imparted, much thought-provocation occurring, and overall a message that many people need to hear.

BUT.

Throughout history, sporadically, people in positions of power have acted, clandestinely, to secure their own positions and/or acquire more for themselves. Go ahead and look up P2 for an example. Masons conspiring to seize the Vatican bank. Like you said, shit happens. Now, while I don't really want to encourage the sort of paranoid delusions that, say, claim the Bush family is descended from subterranean shapechanging serpent folk, it must be recognized that the sort of thinking you advocate in this video is exactly what the occasional conspirators in our society want. They'd never lie to us, it's exactly as we've been told... even though governments lie to us regularly, to the point where nobody is really bothered or surprised. An inattentive populace is an easily led one. Perhaps, for another example, if 1930s Germans had been paying closer attention they wouldn't have reacted the way they did after the Reichstag fire, realized that Van der Lubbe couldn't have done it (despite what they were being told), and not given the Nazis the additional powers that led to all that crap after.

Just saying, don't buy all the bullshit you hear, but don't trust everything you're told. Shit happens, but occasionally you can find the jerk who left it.

EDIT: After rereading what I wrote here, again, want to stress... MOST CONSPIRACY STUFF IS TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Incredible, I sat through an entire Bob video without getting annoyed even once... As a matter of fact, I actually agreed with him on all points.

*gulp* I'm frightened...

9Darksoul6

Jul 12, 2010
Hey, Bob,
Here's a logical demonstration:
If "sh!t happens (...) randomly" and we have no way to fully control it, predict it and prevent it, that must mean there's always a chance of being surprised. If that's true, there's always a chance of being wrong.
If there is a constant chance of being wrong there's not a single thing we, human beings, actually know (that, assuming human beings exist).
So, if we know nothing, any concept we call "knowledge" is in fact just a belief, and not a fact.
---
Are you still with me?
If what I wrote is true, and it is, because it's pure La Palice logic, what you "know" is just a set of beliefs, and belief is just the result of indoctrination. Evidence is irrelevent because it's the reflex of collective dogmas.
Isolated entities, individual or collective, will mentally mutate and diverge on even the most basic beliefs.
When two cultures are isolated they will eventually diverge on things like human rights.
When someone starts being somewhat anti-social, he will start believing/knowing things differently than what the community he's inserted in believes/knows. Then conflict happens.
You are, to me and I think yourself, an evidence of that; understanding what I just wrote results in understanding that you are trying to impose your beliefs and the things you think are evident on people who think differently, through the media, the same way they must have tried to impose theirs to you.
By accepting the logical validity of these conclusions, if "sh!t happens (...) randomly", it should be obvious that any conspiracy theory is as evident as gravity.

Nice one, is it? Please applause. xD

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
arbane said:
Ashoten said:
Just when I'm ready to write you off as a hack Bob you go and make something brilliant like this. Except that part about global warming. Which is more likely? A bunch of oil conglomorates all setting aside their competition with each other to mastermind a global dominance of the energy market
OPEC [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC]?

Ashoten said:
to make themselves rich while purposefully misleading the public with falsified scientific findings? Or a bunch of different conman doom saying to a gullible public willing to give them cash to stop an immanent threat that they can nether prove or disprove?
Yeah, those poor suffering oil companies are being driven to the verge of bankruptcy while the Secret Evil Liberal Science Conspiracy is making literally TENS of dollars!

And we'll be able to prove the threat when the water reaches your lower lip. Or will you still be insisting on Further Study then?
When Bob talked about the chaos of everything being well outside our control I'm thinking of people who buy a hybrid car and think they are saving the planet. If global warming exists no amount of "greener living" is gonna stop it. As a technology enthusiest I love the idea of a hybrid car because efficiency = yes, and not because it makes me feel a little bit better about the environment.

In other words IT'S A MARKETING PLOY! There are a whole bunch of gullible snobs out there willing to lay down green for anything that is labeled GREEN right now. Like the whole recycling thing is a scam. It wastes more resources then it saves but don't take my word for it. Listen to some other egotistical white guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLebC0mjCQ

rioki

Nov 17, 2009
Just to toot my horn here; about global warming; that is a really difficult subject. I am not denying that in the last 3 decades the temperature has risen. But it also dropped in the 80s and that was also attributed to ecological damage. Things are not that simple and many scientists have a reserved opinion about it. Especially if you add the factor of global darkening. True, pumping CO2 and other gasses without thinking into the atmosphere is not a good idea, since you are bound to change something. The climate is a complex thing and scientists are at the brink of understanding the interactions. The factor sun, is often underplayed and many other issues. The real problem is that every body (save scientists) think everything is clear and understood. Where they pulled the 350 ppm, I really just don't want to know.

Btw. By comparing historical climate patterns we are at the brink of an ice age... Maybe more CO2 will save us from that...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
well its obvious MovieBob works for the man! :p

Curious to know what your take on Ancient Aliens are. Thats been a really fun series to watch on the history channel.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Sounds like someones in the NHK.

Really, though, this series is getting even better. Nice one, Bob.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
You're right Bob, the most influential man on the planet can be brought down by a lone nut who defies all established psychological profiles for assassins without any motive. It's just convenience that there was a bloodthirsty nutcase who despised said powerful man and had a history of making political opponents vanish was ready to step up and take the post.

Aside from that, good video, I enjoyed the lizard-bob bit at the end.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
There is a difference between a conspiracy theory, which has no concrete facts to back it up to begin with (such as say...that whole thing about aliens in the south pacific - yeah...not buying into that until a whole lot of seperate sources come forth with something moreso credible than just a few murky videos and unconfirmed reports) or other things like say...the fact that nations have in the past ALWAYS declared war primarily over resources and that it is hardly a stretch to consider America declaring such on Iraq for the oil.

With historians telling us what nations have warred over in the past, the pattern is alas very clear. And you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see it - you just need to study historical facts properly.

Rome expanded because it needed more resources like grain (Egypt for example was one of its main breadbaskets that fed the whole Empire) to feed the masses of their cities.

Britain expanded because of the same damn reason - slaves to do the hard labor and with the Chinese war for example so as to fight for the right to sell them the newly created opium for massive profits.

And America is expanding right now because of the resource most needed today to make sure that its military keeps on truckin' around the world. Oil. China is, of course, after the same thing and it comes as no surprise that Venezuela, which directly opposes America, just so happens to be supplying China with its petroleum full fact style these days.

George Carlin probably put it best - it's hilarious that people call a conspiracy theory anything these days that goes against what you're being spoon-fed by other people, rather than doing your own work and investigating things for your own self. Also Bob is so wrong. I'd actually find it a whole lot less scary if people really were just dumb - that'd actually mean that we'd stand a good chance of turning it around eventually.

But it's not so much about that. It's about people, like MovieBob by the way, who think they're smarter than they actually are. Who can't help but get on the soapbox every damn time they get a chance rather than actually spend an extended amount of time looking at a problem from different directions and instead prefer to just slap labels left and right as based on their prejudices.

See...that's why I've by now decided that this so-called 'Big Picture' really isn't for me. Because the only thing that's 'big' about it really is the size of Bob's ego as he figures he has it all figured out. Instead he'd do better to just stick with reviewing movies since it's the one thing I give him credit for actually being good at. But I'm sure that won't happen...at least not for a long old while.

So enjoy this soapbox if you like. Me, I'd rather check these worldly issues for myself than listen to this again I think.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Hm, you have a few interesting points... but how can you prove that you are not part of a conspiracy to make fun of conspiracy theories in order to conceal their truth?

Wake up, people!

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Serenegoose said:
Conspiracies do exist, not all conspiracy theories are invalid, but yes, 9/10 of them are bunk.
9/10? Why, that's only one digit away from being....9/11!

You planned it, didn't you? You and Bush and Osama and Oprah were all in it together!

OT: Bob, I really love these videos, even when I don't entirely agree with you - I'd bet my left testicle that the JFK thing goes deeper than has been officially acknowledged - so with that in mind I'd like to ask for your hand in marriage. Or your hand in my pants, whichever is easier for you.

Jokes aside, props for mentioning David Icke. I've got one of his books (The Biggest Secret) and it is hands down the funniest fucking thing I have ever read. At one point, he positions a photograph of Prince Albert (the Victorian one, not the guy from Monaco) next to a photograph of Hitler and asks us to consider whether they were actually the same guy. Mind-blowing stuff...

A_who

Sep 17, 2010
The Illuminati didn't kill JFK and Micheal Jackson so they wouldn't disclose the the details on their plan to begin the NWO on 2012. BLASPHEMY.

mptothedc

Jul 23, 2009
jtesauro said:
Hey Bob. So I know we've had fun with accents before ( *Looks back at the Black Swan review* ) but whether intentionally or not, you actually made me think of Stewie from Family Guy with the reptile thing.

Yeah, that's just the image that came to mind. Go figure.

As always, thank you for being the voice of reason and dropping another bomb in the war against stupid.
lol I think he was doing Cobra Commander. Nice video Bob. Thanks for touching on the Global Warming issue. I hate when people say it's bologna.