The Big Picture: Conspiracy Weary

ScumbagEddie

Mar 29, 2011
I came to grips a long time ago that the American Presidency have all been idiots for at least 50 years. I wish I could resurrect Teddy Roosevelt. He'd go down the list and kick all their asses.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Though i'm not entirely unconvinced that Dick Cheney had nothing to do with the Iraq cock-up, i'm not going to accept an obscure conspiracy theory about him being a brilliant villain. Cheney was a greedy bastard and Bush was a dumb ************. Actually the fact that people sincerely believe that forces such as good and evil exist is probably what kept Bush from blowing his own fucking head off, preventing him from realizing that the entire time they were simply sending men and women to die over business, that the government is nothing more than the Corleone Family on steroids at this stage.
...okay maybe that's all it always was. Another little conspiracy theory, morality is actually a powerful force and there was never a point of time dictated entirely by thieves made successful by being marginally more intelligent than their victims. Honestly with the way history plays out and the fact that modern technology can allow pretty much any idiot to cause unimaginable damage to the world, i sometimes start to wonder if optimism is a mental disorder. But hey, cowards will delude themselves and people will delude cowards to earn cash. The successful thieves rule. That's how it's always been with our species, if not nature as a whole if you consider how long scavenger species have flourished. Reality sucks, nothing will change it, escapism is the only thing that keeps a sentient species from committing mass suicide, it's inevitable that stupid escapism would emerge.

...of course making logic out of all this bullshit might be a sign of my own problems. Eh. Hard to care at this stage.

SemiHumanTarget

Apr 4, 2011
Good ending. And, while I'm sure this comment is far too late for anyone to really see, for my two cents I avoid any and all conspiracy theories BUT I think you're wrong about the Iraq war.

It wasn't a government conspiracy, of course, but nor was it the result of sheer stupidity. Re-election interests of various individuals were almost certainly involved, as were certain military-industrial complex interests.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
SemiHumanTarget said:
Good ending. And, while I'm sure this comment is far too late for anyone to really see, for my two cents I avoid any and all conspiracy theories BUT I think you're wrong about the Iraq war.

It wasn't a government conspiracy, of course, but nor was it the result of sheer stupidity. Re-election interests of various individuals were almost certainly involved, as were certain military-industrial complex interests.
actually i think the real answer is just a series of well placed dominoes.

See, Iraq could have been invaded and Hussein taken down for at least 5 years prior to 2003 due to his many violations of the treaties he signed during the end of the first iraq war.
But, since we had Clinton and nobody wanted a war, the subject was never brought up.
How ever after 9/11 people got pissed and were itching for a throw down the likes no one has ever seen before, so after a year and a half after the invasion of afganistahn the subject was brought to the US, and more importantly, the UN's attention. And knowing that Iraq had weapons the US gave them years prior plus the 50-odd tons of yellow cake and potential plans of a refinery the UN and US decided to react. Unfortunately we waited too long and by the time we searched, Hussein destroyed most of them. Bad timeing. now i bring up the UN for a few reasons,firstly, it was a UN operation during the invasion, Secondly, the US has a habit of not only being the UN's attack dog (since we have the best military in history) but being part of the UN altogether, which means....we became their ***** and scapegoat.
If the war went bad and fucked up, who was at fault? Britain? no. Canada? No. Europe? nope.
America, thats who. because we have the biggest and baddest military, we became the biggest force, thus instead of everyone being equally to blame for an unpopular (but in reality justified) war, the 'big bully with a dumb leader' gets all the flak and is stuck fighting two wars at once.
And to make it worse, we have been hit with a smear campaign that seems to think we are responsible for all civilian deaths in the mid east when in reality, 95%+ was caused by insurgents and suicide bombers.

Or at least, that what i have gathered, oil has shit to do with it.

Zack Larche

May 25, 2013
People I'm gonna shift the whole conversation on it's ear. The best way to deal with real life is to be a sadist. Instead of getting sad or scared when some "tragedy" or war like the Boston marathon or Iraq happens and getting all panicky or being all gung ho, enjoy their suffering instead cause I guarantee when something bad happens to you someone's gonna enjoy your suffering. The Germans had it right schadenfreude is the way to live. Which is also the answer to why "god" (if your dumb/weak enough to believe in that) lets bad things happen, he's the biggest sadist of all, or he doesn't care.