The Big Picture: E3-mageddon: Crossover

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
E3-mageddon: Crossover

Get a good look at what good and bad may come from E3 2014.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Well, that's one way to get people caught up on Game OverThinker and encourage people to watch it. I guess Bob wants to make sure people don't lose track of it entirely once Blip drops it.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Does it really count as a crossover if it's two shows by the same person?

It just seems odd to call it a guest appearance when the 'guest' is also the host of the show every week.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
Bob Chipman: Why talk to yourself once when you can do it 5 times?

Good predictions, Bob. I hope E3 entertains as well.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I think Ivan likes indie games, though I'm not sure.

And that was a bizarre crossover, I need to scrub my brain a bit and think about it again.

Also, spot on about the same games but better fps. GTA V on PC/X1/PS4, The Last of Us for PS4 and Halo 1/2/3/4 going to Xbox One (still drooling over this even if you don't).

jdarksun

Nov 3, 2003
Slow start, but the Anti-thinker was pretty funny.

Though we're not actually getting any better framerate - most of the nextgen titles are locked at 30fps, at least on console. Really unfortunate.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Why isn't Anti-Thinker called Strawman Thinker?

And I wanna see a bloody Advance Wars Game from Nintendo. Seriously, when CoD is trying to steal your name, you fight back.

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Yeah...that was kind of awesome.

It kind of sucks that there wasn't really that much to talk about with E3 other than "Get your shit together, guys!" but I guess that happens.

So, the cross-over was filler, but it was really funny and made up for the lack of E3 being...interesting to talk about in this day in age.

Okay, not so much of a high note, but, we'll see...

EDIT:

Goliath100 said:
Why isn't Anti-Thinker called Strawman Thinker?
Actually, there was a character called Strawman. They killed him off pretty early on in the series though.

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
The anti-thinker was/is the best part of it. He nailed it down with no remorse. Surprised you did not mention that most of the game list leaked a week before the show and no one saw anything much different.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Well, that's one way to get people caught up on Game OverThinker and encourage people to watch it.
Or encourage to never bother with it. Because that was the result for me - not want to watch any of it. EVER! (Including the mayority of this episode)

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
*snerk* And here I thought my plan to have my main chara in my fanfic meet four other versions of himself was goofy...

Conner42 said:
It kind of sucks that there wasn't really that much to talk about with E3 other than "Get your shit together, guys!" but I guess that happens.
I hear ya, Conner. Personally, I hope they do have something interesting to show besides being able to play as your Mii in Smash 4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/e32014/11632-Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-and-3DS-Gets-Playable-Mii-Characters]. Microsoft has a lot to make up for in the wake of the disasterous XBOX One reveal...Nintendo needs to show some new games to prove that the WiiU is a viable option...and Sony...

Actually, Sony will probably be the odds on winner. The PS4 made an impressive showing, so all they'd really need to do at E3 is show some impressive new IPs and maybe some new tools for developers and they will pretty much own E3. (Just my opinion, mind you.)

CAPTCHA: check your work

Tell THEM that, Captcha! Not me!

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I'm sure the forum moderators appreciate your advance apology, Ivan.

Now I'm thinking Antithinker should do a crossover with the White Guy Defense Force.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I mostly just want new info for smash bros, It?s the game that I?m probably going to play the most on my 3ds during the summer vacation.

besides that I kind of hope for a revived interest in 3d platformers, considering how the children who grew up with 3d platformers are starting to become adults I could see that happening.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bindal said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Well, that's one way to get people caught up on Game OverThinker and encourage people to watch it.
Or encourage to never bother with it. Because that was the result for me - not want to watch any of it. EVER! (Including the mayority of this episode)
Yeah, I saw that one shot of Bob as a dudebro and my mouse clicking finger never clicked so fast.

Maybe the rest of the episode was an absolute riot, but somehow I doubt that. No offense, but Bob really has no business acting.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
I don't follow The Game Overthinker so I wonder: is this "Antithinker" basically meant to be Bob's swipe at so-called "dudebros" (ie. the generalized image of Call of Duty fans by people who hate the franchise) and nothing else?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
themilo504 said:
I mostly just want new info for smash bros, It?s the game that I?m probably going to play the most on my 3ds during the summer vacation.
Unless your summer vacation is in October, I think you're out of luck [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/e32014/11634-Super-Smash-Bros-For-3DS-Gets-Official-Release-Date] :p

Bindal said:
Yeah, same. Sorry Bob, I could tell you put a lot of effort into this but for someone who has never seen your other show today's episode just seemed forced and unfunny for the most part, besides taking ages to get going, shame because the minute or so of actual commentary was quite interesting and I usually really enjoy the Big Picture.