The Big Picture: Future Assembly

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
MB202 said:
I didn't think so...
"I didn't think so" what? That response made no sense in context.
...Did you even READ what I was quoting?
Zachary Amaranth said:
MB202 said:
I wonder if there ever WILL be a Hulk 2 movie... I mean, apparently, Thor and Captain America are getting a sequel, and Iron Man 3's on it's way, but not the Hulk? Well, it wasn't the BIGGEST box office success, but who knows, maybe The Avengers will change THAT as well...
Considering they tried two Hulk movies so close together I don't doubt we'll see a sequel if the Avengers does well.
I was saying "I didn't think so" as in "I didn't think there would be a sequel to Hulk".

I'm sorry, but this was just so plainly obvious, how could you miss that?!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
This is actually kind of funny. I started watching Breakout Kings today, and one of the first episodes has T-Bag (from Prison Break) on the run out of Fox River.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MB202 said:
Yes. Hence the direct reference to context. For someone who's being so hostile, perhaps you should read what I said a little closer. It was very brief and the word "context" was not hard to miss.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Grenge Di Origin said:
Also, "influence on film? The way you talk about The Avengers like it's some high-class crap, like it was going to be something MORE than some flick that may/may not encourage Hollywood to take continuity more seriously
What do you mean more than that? That's exactly what he was saying it could be.

SquadronAce

Jul 23, 2010
I just saw the Avengers in 2D! And you guys in the US have to wait another week??? that's weird. I guess that's my consolation prize for living in New Zealand

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
I like how every Australian or Kiwi that visits this board now just posts, "Got done seeing the movie! AWESOME! LULZ!". Ignoring the topic of the video which is the idea of universes of shows existing together.

You know what I would like?
Terminator, Dark City, The Matrix, and Firefly to all be the same universe. The Terminators were the war between man and machine that was mentioned in Matrix that ended with the sky scorched, humans had to leave Earth after the Matrix was defeated and went to the Firefly system, one of the colony ships gets hijacked by aliens on the way and is modified into Dark City.

jimClassic

Jun 4, 2008
For the record Bob, a Raiders tie in to the Ten Commandments would be a pretty cool idea. I'd be down for that.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
MB202 said:
Yes. Hence the direct reference to context. For someone who's being so hostile, perhaps you should read what I said a little closer. It was very brief and the word "context" was not hard to miss.
Sorry, I just thought it was obvious what I was referring to with my statement. :/

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
Rocketboy13 said:
I like how every Australian or Kiwi that visits this board now just posts, "Got done seeing the movie! AWESOME! LULZ!". Ignoring the topic of the video which is the idea of universes of shows existing together.
I'm in the UK.
Just got done seeing the movie! AWESOME!

...lulz.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
As much as I'm excited for the Avengers movie, the thing that really made me laugh in this video is that al quaeda crow! I wasn't sure if anybody else had seen Four Lions, but I should have guessed Bob did!

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I just would like to say that Mark Ruffalo played Bruce Banner (Hulk) best out of every actor before...

Eric Bana did a good job but Hulk (2003) blew chunks!

Edward Norton...he just seems like the biggest arsehole to me. Looks like an arrogant, whiny, angry guy. Doesn't look like a super-genius.

Mark Ruffalo nailed it I thought. His nervous expressions, his calm demeanour. He looked like he was in control of his anger but still afraid of getting angry.

I am a bit confused in the finale as to why he can become Hulk by choice? Not only that, but control the Hulk too? When just 20-30 minutes earlier he got angry and transformed and almost killed Black Widow because he was unable to control Hulk.

He said his secret to not being angry is that he "is always angry". Does that mean that if he chooses to become the Hulk he can control it and when he gets uncontrollable rage he becomes a Hulk that destroys everything that moves?

Mousse Templar

Jan 24, 2012
comic continuity is bad enough, and now this Movie tie-in thing.

I'm really scared and here's why: -SPOILERS-

There is a marvel mini-series called battle scars out, and the payoff is that
(comicbook) Nick Fury now looks like Avegers-fury. Marvel want to retcon continuity
to fit the big-budget movies, fine (not the first time either).

But six issues? before the movie even premiers? If this becomes a trend Marvel Storylines
Will become (even more) messy and unreadable.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
You know, up until I saw the end of the video, I was planning to leave a "passionate" comment about how, in an age when every property with the slightest bit of brand recognition gets turned into a movie, those kinds of spinoffs would be nothing more than an excuse for Hollywood to put out more fucking franchises, however, I'm glad to see you're aware that not everyone is as excited about the prospects of this as you are.

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
It seems Bob learn the lesson from Green Lantern and is keeping his expectations for this one at bay, (and he should, cause no matter how good it is, there is no way is gonna be as good as all of us have been dreaming of since... forever (EPISODE 1 suffer from that also, and the fatc that it was genuinely bad didnt help either), same issue whit batman 3, there is no way in hell is gonna be better than Dark Knigth, NOT possible even if is AS good still it has some humongous "legendary performance by dead actor" shoes that is not gonna be able to fill)

im keeping miself neutral, i already blocked miself from reading any reviews or opinions till i see it myself... tonight (yes is out TODAY in Venezuela, cry bitches!!, and those lucky bastards in Australia ALREADY seen it)

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
No it is NOT, sequels, prequels and remakes are a grave simptom of the lack of originality and general lack of courage of hollywood to try NEW things, at least crossovers will force then to come out whit a lot of potentially cool concepts (underworld/resident evil crossover sign me in RIGHT NOW) (obviusly JLA is gonna be in the mind of the entire universe if AVENGERS makes at least half of what is expected to make in BO, and whit the new superman movie coming next year theyll just have to make WonderWoman in 2014, Aquaman in 2015, Green Lantern Reboot at 2016, Batman Reboot at 2017, and finally JLA at 2018, and for gods sake dont cast any douchi actors like Edward Norton in any of them to mess your final ensemble)

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
The intermingling of characters and plotlines from what originally were separate continuities isn't so much The Future as it is a return to storytelling before copyright laws only with a lot more legal maneuvering that needs to be done to get the stories out there.

What were stories like Jason and the Argonauts or Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsene Lupin but classic cross-overs?

Darkstrike_11

Apr 15, 2009
MB202 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
MB202 said:
I wonder if there ever WILL be a Hulk 2 movie... I mean, apparently, Thor and Captain America are getting a sequel, and Iron Man 3's on it's way, but not the Hulk? Well, it wasn't the BIGGEST box office success, but who knows, maybe The Avengers will change THAT as well...
Considering they tried two Hulk movies so close together I don't doubt we'll see a sequel if the Avengers does well.
I didn't think so...
Trust me, after Avengers Assemble, there will be another Hulk movie. Mark Ruffalo owned every scene he was in, the hulk gets the most epic moments and funniest bits of the film. Everyone walked out of the cinema talking about the hulk being the best character. There WILL be another film :D