The Big Picture: Hercules Part One

ablac

Aug 4, 2009
Im gonna have to watch this movie with friends sometime. Is it hysterically bad the whole way through or is the highlights here the only good bits? Seriously he threw a bear into space. A bear into space. We need more movies with guys throwing bears into space.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Aw man, talk about blast of the past.

I remember seeing this flick back when I was still watching Beast Wars cartoons... Ah, to be young again.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ohhh so that were the whole Hercule throwing a bear to outer space came from!

Also I knew this adaption of Hercules is going to be WTF material once I saw that glimspe image of a robot centaur.

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
There is a saying that goes: the proof that paper accepts anything is that I clean my shit with it. Now this was extended to film too.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
One of my favourite body builders of all time!, to be honest I could probably watch this film and find it entertaining.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Qitz said:
Was that a god damned Robot Centaur? IT WAS!?!

What did those guys smoke before this?

Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.
I saw that, but was then blown away by the shot of two people walking across the rainbow.

What drug must one take to make something like this? And would the producers of this film let me try some?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well. This was a thing....

I remember seeing the whole "throws a bear into space" once a long while ago. I can't believe that's the most "normal" thing that happens.

captcha: beats me

Ok. Is the captcha watching us now or something? Because this isn't the first time it has been somewhat relevant to what we are all talking about. Not just me too either.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
The association of the swords and sandals genre with bored housewives puts the popularity of 300 into a whole new light.

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
Is this on DVD? I need this for a bad movie night. I have a feeling this is one of those "So bad it's good," movies.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Oh gods. I remember this thing. This is one of those movies that's breathtakingly awesome, horrifyingly godawful, and so bad it's good all at the same time. This is what schlock looks like when it's been deified.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
To paraphrase Jerry Maguire "you had me at... "and he can throw a bear into space"".

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Hmmmm, Daedalus = sexy Power Rangers villain eh? I like it.

-Dragmire- said:
Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.

Good for you, I got this one stuck in my head. I can't believe I still remember this crap.

Although this show had the best monster sounds ever!
I remember that show! That little centaur pal of his had the most irritating laugh. I didn't think so at the time, but thinking back on it, ugh.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Audacity said:
The second they use "Hercules" over the actual name "Heracles" it lost mythological credibility lol.
I'm fine with "Hercules" as long as they stick to Roman naming conventions and/or a bear is thrown into outer space.

Klitch

Jan 8, 2011
My thoughts upon seeing the title: "Oh, awesome. Disney's Hercules and the Kevin Sorbo series are some of my favorites. Wait, 1983? Then what is he talking about? Oh God...the Lou Ferrigno movie...please God no."