The Big Picture: Hercules Part One

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Swords 'n Sandals weren't all bad - Ben-Hur and Ten Commandments come to mind.

It's interesting that the genre is now seeing a minor resurgence with such films as Gladiator and the recent spate of 9th Legion B-movies. Done right, it could be a very good thing. Done wrong, though... Alexander. Troy. The Eagle.

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
I don't know why I am just thinking this now, but when I saw the credit for "Editor in Chief" at the end, I thought, wouldn't it be awesome if he named a child 'Indiana', or 'Indy'...

QCX

Aug 9, 2010
I just can't wait to see what BoB's got to say about one of my all time favs "The day of the triffads.

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
I've wanted to see this movie ever since I found out that it was directed by Luigi Cozzi, the same guy who made Star Crash, the greatest science fiction epic in the history of cinema. Seeing this just reinforces my need to track this movie down.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
Qitz said:
Was that a god damned Robot Centaur? IT WAS!?!

What did those guys smoke before this?

Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.
Good for you, I got this one stuck in my head. I can't believe I still remember this crap.

Although this show had the best monster sounds ever!
\

Iron in his thighs?

o_O

More on topic, throwing a bear into space should totally be a thing. An internet thing.

Get to work.

Also also,

I'm fairly sure this guy is a mutant with additional pectoral muscles on top of his normal pectoral muscles. What the hell??

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Hercu-lee!
Hercu-lah!
Hercu-lee!
Hercu-lah-ha ha-ha ha-ha ha-ha!
My backpack's filled with pecks.

caladors

Mar 17, 2011
I don't care anymore. I just don't care I used to come to here and be excited by anything thrown up on the screen, but then he called me an whole lot of people I cared about whinny entitled, death threat flinging losers.
Now I just can't sit through it I used to love your stuff man, I did from the so bad it has to be emulating badness intro's to game overthinker to the wildly wierd stuff like this but now I don't care, you showed you didn't do your research and insulted us and then you do something which requires alot of research like this, we don't matter to you why should you matter to us.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
Qitz said:
Was that a god damned Robot Centaur? IT WAS!?!

What did those guys smoke before this?

Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.
Good for you, I got this one stuck in my head. I can't believe I still remember this crap.

Although this show had the best monster sounds ever!
Iron in his thighs and fire in every part? I'm quite conflicted about this version...

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Evil witch thing: "staff! make my monster grow!~"

Herc: "it's morphen time!~" (rips off his clothe)

Hogan: WTF?

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
You wanna know the real secret to this movie... it's all a horrible nightmare. Sersiously. Look closely at the guy with the crown in the last scene that Bob showed... Freddy.

sublight

May 18, 2011
Can't complain about Sybil Danning. That woman deserved an oscar for best half-boob. Top, side, under, she could do it all.