The Big Picture: In Defense of "Booth Babes" (sort of)

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Again, with Jack you are missing the point. Lack of clotches is key part of her character presentation. No other character would be seen in that even if their life depended on it and that is exactly large part of why she wears it.

Now, if you want pointless clotching in mass effect, that would be justicar and her "boob slit".

Those are your sensebilities. Do you think you have right to force them on others? I'm not judging you or others, just asking.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Whoa whoa, booth babe meant professional models? I always assumed they meant just random women off the street cosplaying as overly-sexualized versions of popular characters. Shows how much I know about conventions.

But yeah while I disprove of boobs as a "HEY LOOK AT ME" type of marketing, I generally look down on the advertising company first rather then the actual models.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
carnex said:
Those are your sensibilities. Do you think you have right to force them on others?
Do you think you have the right to force onto others your sensibilities of not forcing sensibilities onto others? Let's not act as if having an opinion about the way things should be is some sort of fascism, please.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
What am I forcing onto other? I'm forcing something by noting that it's not all nececarilly bad?

I think you are mistaking what "forcing your own opinion" means.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
This video needed to be made? Huh... didn't know that the community sucked this bad. I didn't know that treating models like people was a problem... Are people really against this?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
uanime5 said:
JimB said:
Your argument here is, "Ms. Hepler, you stand convicted of the crime of not telling a story about dragons well enough to meet my personal expectations. This is a crime for which the punishment is death, not only for you but for your children because the evil of your crime of not telling a story about dragons I like is such that we cannot risk your children inheriting the mantle of your evil."

Anyone who considers the above a statement of justice is plainly deranged.
And your crime is ignoring what I wrote and replacing it with a strawman.
Nevertheless, that is my understanding of your position, since you clearly said that "ruining" a video game (whatever that even means) should cause a person to expect repercussions against herself and her family; and you said that in the context of acting as if death threats are appropriate repercussions. If I have misunderstood you, then I invite you to demonstrate where and how your stance differs from what I have described.

katamaya

Apr 22, 2013
At the very least, this thread is powering me up.

Thanks for the fuel, guys, I think I feel an essay coming on. Please please continue.

TomPreston

Feb 9, 2010
Wow... look at how many people are banned right off the bat. I didn't think this topic was THAT divisive.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
JimB said:
carnex said:
What am I forcing onto others?
What are people who dislike Jack's "clothing" forcing onto you?
It's not about dislike. You can like and dislike as much as you want. Personal preferences are personal preferences and of no consequences to objective truth.

Misrepresentation and misintepretation, on the other hand, are objective mistakes. I don't see, for example, how does the huge clevlage Justicar Samara, in that same game, compliment her character in any way and ths ofered her as a better argument for his/her opinion. If I wanted to force my opinion onto others I wouldnt offer constructive cricisam and path to improve their own arguments.

I hope you can see what difference I allude to.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Why would you hate job of attracting customers? If you accept comercials, at least pretty female body is pleasant to look at.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Don't have a problem with the models male or female. Don't care if you are fake or not. I'd be more interested in why you spend money on crap like COD or Splinter cell or the new revamped going to suck hard God/Gears of war or other lack luster AAA titles. That is if applicable if not its fine. Then again me going outside and talking to people probably wont happen anytime soon. LOL

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
uanime5 said:
I said that if you ruin several video games (or are perceived as having ruined several games) you can expect harsh criticism. Especially if you deny that your stories have any problems and call the gamers "entitled" for pointing out the problems in this story. I never said it was justified, that was something you made up to make me look bad.
Except what you're describing is not criticism. It's threats.