The Big Picture: Jawsome

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Jawsome

MovieBob takes us to the streets with his take on Street Sharks.

Watch Video

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
Not sure i Ever Saw Street Sharks, But i Do know i had there Toys, another good big picture bob, keep it up

Jan 12, 2012
The 90's: Where Bad Guys had eyepatches and Good Guys had rollerblades. We will ne'er see that like again.

And now that I think about it, Bob is right: There isn't really anything particular I remember about the Street Sharks other than the fact that it existed. It's kinda like Pogs: just quietly there in the background of my nostalgia.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Ah, I'm so glad you did this one, Bob. I've always thought that these guys and the Extreme Dinosaurs are basically the entire mid-90s in a compact package.

Never owned any of the Street Sharks toys myself, but I watched the hell out of the show.

You could probably do an entire SERIES talking about shows like this. You know, those shows based around groups of between 3-6 non-human crime fighters that were trying to cash in on the Ninja Turtles fad. I mean, other than these two, there's Mummies Alive, Vanpires, Biker Mice from Mars, Stone Protectors (which you already covered), and I could swear there was a version of this featuring talking dog people, and another one featuring monkey-men (like Planet of the Apes in space).

EDIT: I have since been informed that the two shows I am thinking of are Road Rovers and Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
God... Bob... that was boring. No offense to you, but that was just duuuullllllll. And I blame the subject, not the writer. It is just not an interesting subject. Like you said, obscure to cause confusion, but recognizable enough to get a good laugh.

Also:
<youtube=Y3Q3I-X3sGc>

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So I guess that if you're going to make reference to some 90's cartoon show, you better be prepare to do an episode on it!

Also, what? No mention to El Swordo (I thought his name was En Garde)? Well I thought he had a cool name.

Also heh, I remember Extreme Dionsaur. I even bought that Stegosaurus which I admit I bought it out of greed back then (I was greedy as a kid).

cschraer

Jul 14, 2010
Amazing that you can get Street Sharks on DVD but Gargoyles still has episodes not released. It makes me sad :(

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
I grew up in the "golden age" for watching shows like this, TMNT, Megaman, He-man, Transformers etc. I enjoyed Street Sharks for its silliness. The Go-Bots, Cadillac and Dinosaurs, and Dino-Riders were other series I found to share this aspect.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
i was just about to comment about extreme dinosaurs... the BOOM you brought them up. good stuff as always.

Kuth

Jan 14, 2009
Saw enough of Street Sharks to agree, that it ain't a bad show. It's pretty much around the same level as other shows back in the day such as Mummies Alive and such, and worth a watch if you got a nice bong, Family size bag of cheetos, and a free saturday.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
I'm calling it now - one of the upcoming episodes is the mentioned "Extreme Dinosaurs".

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I don't remember Street Sharks but i do remember watching Xtreme Dinosaurs. Yeah... it was pretty much what you'd expect.

Also, if i should ever have my own Rockband i will strongly considern naming it "A Whole Gang of Poochies".

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Oh, the 90s. SOOO many "mutant/superhero/monster" hero shows.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Street Sharks
Biker Mice from Mars
Extreme Dinosaurs
Mutant League
Mummies Alive!
Gargoyles
Creepy Crawlers
Skysurfer Strykeforce
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
Toxic Crusaders
Stone Protectors
Cowboys of Moo Mesa

Can anybody think of any others?

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Man, I used to watch Street Sharks all the time when I was a kid... I want to get the DVD just so I can revisit the series and see how awful it truly was. Either way, I wouldn't mind a reboot to the series, though I know that's not going to happen.

Invadergray

Oct 17, 2011
Thought this was the long-overdue Jabberjaws episode. Still insightful. I watched this show as a kid and I think even then I kind of rolled my eye at it.