The Big Picture: Junk Drawer: Reloaded

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
The idea that "no game deserves a 10/10 because perfection only exists in theory" kind of bothers me a little. I mean yes, nothing is ever perfect, not even subjectively, but does 10/10 have to mean flawless? Can't we just read numerical ratings as a ratings instead of looking at them as math? This never seems to come up with sites and critics that use a five star systems or have named grades, I've never heard anybody say that a movie doesn't deserve five stars because perfection doesn't exist.

As for using memory cards in the next generation of hand held consoles, yeah it sucks pretty hard (especially considering how expensive they are), but it's not like it's a solution that was dead and buried last decade, hell, Nintendo uses memory cards for their current gen stationary console...

Completely agree about the whole Twilight argument, women have a right to eye candy as well! However, it's worth noting that for every gratuitous female body displayed in a fighting game, there's an equally gratuitous male body. Sure, it makes a bit more sense since it's fighting and fighting requires muscles, but still. All I'm saying is, if I was gay,I would still enjoy Soul Calibur on a visual level :p

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
MB202 said:
...So, wait, are you a brony or not?
Does that really matter?

OT: Wow,every store you worked at was shut down,I wonder if that fate will befall here and Screwattack because you have shows on them.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I have not thought of the possibility of MLP spawning cheacl reboots of bad girl shows from the nineties... May it never, ever happen. MLP:fiM was a one-in-a-million, I don't think anyone would beable to pull it off like that.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
H31neken said:
Am I weird for finding all of Bob's musings and rants completely coherent? I seriously don't see the incoherence.
I'm pretty sure Bob intentionally left out whether or not he likes and/or watches Friendship is Magic.
Since even his musings are scripted, edited, and probably required multiple takes, it would be surprising if it wasn't coherent.

wraith428 said:
Feminism is not an insult but Masculism is... explain that one to me Bob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOROvO2fxTc&feature=player_detailpage#t=26s

Feb 13, 2008
Sorry Bob, turned off half way through.

You know what's also not a catch-all insult? Misogyny. 90% of all the sexism/racism shite that comes down from above is due to bad parenting from either parents or guardians. It's just abuse or cries for attention.

I've said it before, you're an intelligent guy. You know a LOT about films that I don't. You have a good grip on the way of the world, and of what's good for us and what's bad for us.

But PLEASE...don't do these little extras and pretend it's not one of the "AM I THE ONLY ONE...?" threads.

Because it is, and you're not and the people you're preaching to either don't care, or already care enough.

C'mon Bob, you've made some great points that make me think long into the night.

Don't just waste it all on "THIS IS WHAT I SAY IS WRONG", because you're better than that. Or at least I, for one, think so.

Douchebags are gonna be douchebags and there's not a damn thing we can do to stop them; apart from not become one.

(Oh, and anyone with an inkling to use the "not part of the soloution" line should know that any chemist facepalms every time he hears that.)

themilo504

May 9, 2010
ugh that stupid deus ex racism again. no its not racist I met people like that.
acknowledging the fact that those people exist is not racist. I think that people yust found her annoying and because they didn?t want to sound racist they said that the game is racist once again proving that we can still not live with people of other races.
O and soul caliber really this and all other fighting games to me are a horrible blood stain on videogames that sets back the idea of video games as art back many years and should disappear from the earth the fact that people defend them sickens me.
Instead of not complaining about twilight we should not buy soul caliber and mortal combat and street fighter and all those other games that cause so much harm and have little place in a modern world,

Doomhammer828

Oct 24, 2008
On a side note Bob what do you think of FiM. I do agree with you though that old girls shows are probably going to refitted, part of me thinks that Jem 2.0 could be funny in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I don't hate the twilight guys for their exposed torsos or anything. What bothers me is the personality of at least sparklypants and his whiny, co-dependent ball and chain.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I've never been angry about people criticising female attire in games such as Soul Calibur, does that mean I get to criticise the men from Twilight?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
GreigKM said:
Eh, it's inevitable that FiM is gunna get cheep knock-offs
Just like anything popular
No idea why you put that in there, other than to try and start an argument.
with who? he's right -.-
surprised i haven't heard about a Jem remake yet ...

only reason MLP: FiM works as well as it dose is because of the team making it, and its VERY HARD to imposable to copy that. its a rare case of 'the big corp giving the creative team room to BE creative' i doubt any of the soon to be coming knock offs will have any such freedom

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
a hero who shoots first to handle his debt to said gangsters
I didn't know what all this "Han shot first" BS was about, so when I looked it up... I learned that he did not shoot first. In the original film, Greedo shot first, missed, and Han retaliated almost immediately.

Apparently in one of the remakes Lucas made him shoot first in the same way that Darth Vader now screams No as his son is about to be killed, and that's where all this stemmed from.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Fuck. I did not think of that repercussion from FIM. Ah well I'll just avoid Rainbow Brite GX

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
in terms of SC5, Ivy has more cloths on. I know i was shocked too. I kinda figure she would be naked XD

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
4 out of 5, eh? Care to share the fifth so we can start a death watch on that company?

And, thanks for the point on feminism; powers know, we seem to go through a lot of that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Draconalis said:
I didn't know what all this "Han shot first" BS was about, so when I looked it up... I learned that he did not shoot first. In the original film, Greedo shot first, missed, and Han retaliated almost immediately.

Apparently in one of the remakes Lucas made him shoot first in the same way that Darth Vader now screams No as his son is about to be killed, and that's where all this stemmed from.
I doubt you looked that up, as if you did, you'd probably know you had it backwards.

In the original film, Han shoots first. In the shoot version, they do a clumsy bit where Greedo shoots first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

Greedo tells Han "I've been looking forward to this for a long time." and Han replies "Yes, I'll bet you have." In the original theatrical version of the film, Han then shoots Greedo and Greedo dies without firing a shot. The scene was modified for the 1997 re-release to feature Han using his weapon in retaliation after Greedo fires at him; the latter missing Han at point-blank range (<2 meters away).[1][2]
So anyway, not sure if you're trolling or got it seriously backward, but I wasn't out to complain about who shot first; in the original version, Han shot a dude flat-footed. Whether or not you think the "true" version of the movie is the original or the 12 re-takes, the point of the morality of the original shot vs homosexuality being the "loss of innocence" remains.

Because honestly, I can't be bothered to argue what the "true" version of Lucas' work is or anything to that effect. The point was: Shooting people at point blank with no warning=morally good, gay marriage=morally wrong, evidently.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Heh good episode with no coherency what so ever.

Not that many games deserves a 10/10 more than in a "for this latest time I give this a 10/10"

Politicians (sorry I forgot it's a swearword)

Why should you not be forced to buy proprietary storage it is the best solution isn't it? O wait forgot 2011, need to get more up to date on what year I am in...

On the SWKotOR, *shudders* some peoples ignorance over other peoples rights and feelings is just bad, and if you don't want to "know" about "it" don't play it or just don't play it that way...

On the physical attribute, hmm he sure has a point well ok usually don't b*tch around with it anyway but both sexes like to complain over the "how-to-look" and how bad it is for them

On feminism yes it is stupid to call it "insult" but then again it is to easy to remember the loud weird ultra "man-haters"..
witch is really unsurprising since the ones we hear about are mostly a small but very loud group

Anyone really using "I Know a coloured dude and says he's not offended"? gesus well ok it 's the internet so should not be surprised.

PONIES! yey or ok wait my brain is melting...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Mr.Squishy said:
I don't hate the twilight guys for their exposed torsos or anything. What bothers me is the personality of at least sparklypants and his whiny, co-dependent ball and chain.
And the poor characterisation, bad writing, and otherwise ridiculously bad movie.

If attractive shirtless males were the problem, True Blood would be equally hated. And while I've seen hate for TB, it's nowhere near the hate for Twilight. And rightfully so.